Hwy 6 between Nakusp and Vernon - anyone familiar with it? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hwy 6 between Nakusp and Vernon - anyone familiar with it?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Nah. I'm not that cheap. Lol. We don't camp we glamp when we go to the wilderness, 27ft trailer. But still good to know about, sounds like it could be fun. Nakusp is to close to home for me to want to stay over though. 2hrs tops from my own bed. When travelling by streetbike all our trips will be hotel I think. Camping is dirtbiking time to me.*

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Its not that fun. But some of the other cheapskates might like it ...lol

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Frigging weather! *We put our trip off a week because the weather was crap and this week the weather still looked crap so we decided to do Edgewood and back and atleast get a good hwy 6 run in today. We made it to the top of mine hill out past cherryville, just before spruce grove. Frigging downpour and blacker than black. So turned it around, headed back and out Mabel lake. Stopped for lunch at wilsey dam and the spillway was roaring. Mabel is a decent road but pretty heavily populated. Still a decent ride but man, I want into the kootenays!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Hit up hwy6 to Edgewood and back yesterday. Beautiful day and ride. The road is in great shape. A couple minor spots of a little bit of gravel and two good sized 'bumps' straight across the road that are poorly marked between spruce grove(kettle valley turnoff) and the summit heading east. *As I mentioned in another thread I hit up the 7km of paradise that is angel falls five times. Three complete on the way over and one complete and two halves on the way back. *I could lap that section all day. The nicest section of road I ever get to ride.*

*Let's see starting the evening before I tore up my big toe moving bikes around in the shop with sandals on and leaving a kickstand down, fucking stupid. Then just before the canoe launch at the bottom of the hill in cherryville I got stung. *Then on the way back on the big straights I lost the glass out of one of my cheap ass signal mirrors. That made three things and I was done with shitty luck! * *

We had lunch in Edgewood and a swim. The campground/boat launch area has real nice washroom/shower rooms that are seemingly accessible to the public and the water in arrow lakes was fantastic. We are heading over again today and tomorrow too. *
    *Name:  IMG_2137.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  146.9 KB

Bike
    CB 500X
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    Hit up hwy6 to Edgewood and back yesterday. Beautiful day and ride. The road is in great shape. A couple minor spots of a little bit of gravel and two good sized 'bumps' straight across the road that are poorly marked between spruce grove(kettle valley turnoff) and the summit heading east. *As I mentioned in another thread I hit up the 7km of paradise that is angel falls five times. Three complete on the way over and one complete and two halves on the way back. *I could lap that section all day. The nicest section of road I ever get to ride.*

We had lunch in Edgewood and a swim. The campground/boat launch area has real nice washroom/shower rooms that are seemingly accessible to the public and the water in arrow lakes was fantastic. We are heading over again today and tomorrow too. *
    Where is this 7km of paradise you call "Angel Falls"?

We rode out to the dead-end town of Edgewood once just to see what was there. Had a sandwich and fueled up only. Next time we'll pack some swim suits. Great idea.
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    So heading east. After the summit and past the rest area. There's signage for truckers to check brakes and there's like three or four homes right along the highway. There is also signage for 7km of twisty Rd. Right after angel falls twisties is the big straights before you come to the Edgewood turn off.* lots of 50km recommended corners some 40 and right down to a 20. Non stop for 7km. I've ridden that section about 10 times this weekend over three days.
    This pic is the sign from the east(Edgewood side). Coming from the east it kind of starts with a bridge that states 'yield to oncoming traffic'. Coming from the west it starts right after the few homes. I've heard in past days there was a general store and cafe there and even way back a gas station. Now it's just like four homes though in the middle of nowhere. **

Name:  IMG_2146.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  148.1 KB

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    That's my favourite section of the road although the whole thing is pretty fantastic. A lot of it is real fast though and there's always the thought of wildlife. Over the last three days I only saw one cruiser and that was today coming home(heading west) between cherryville and Lumby. They were driving east with no radar on. Traffic was heavy by this point and I'd resigned myself to my position in the road. 750km of hwy6 this weekend, i road hard, went with a plan each day and really worked on my skill set.*

Pretty stoked, my wife road Edgewood to home non stop today and has not been suffering discomfort. Her riding is getting stronger and stronger.*

Bike
    CB 500X
    So heading east. After the summit and past the rest area. There's signage for truckers to check brakes and there's like three or four homes right along the highway. There is also signage for 7km of twisty Rd. Right after angel falls twisties is the big straights before you come to the Edgewood turn off.* lots of 50km recommended corners some 40 and right down to a 20. Non stop for 7km. I've ridden that section about 10 times this weekend over three days.
    This pic is the sign from the east(Edgewood side). Coming from the east it kind of starts with a bridge that states 'yield to oncoming traffic'. Coming from the west it starts right after the few homes. I've heard in past days there was a general store and cafe there and even way back a gas station. Now it's just like four homes though in the middle of nowhere.

I know that section but never knew what it was called. It's so fun. We usually hit it from the west side heading uphill from the ferry. Very likely looping through there last week of August if we don't go across the border.
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    That would be from the east heading west if you're coming from the ferry and going uphill. Regardless. That is the finest bit of road I get to ride on a regular basis. Uphill is fun/confidence inspiring but the downhill is fun in its own challenging way. There's a bit of gravel here and there and it seems to change daily depending on vehicles cutting corners and kicking some into the roadway. *That's why I like to lap it, check for hazards and get a feel first. I just really could go on and on about Hwy 6 and angel falls in particular.

I'm going out and over again this Sunday is the plan. *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Any of y'all ever make it over to 'my' road. I've lost track of how many times I've been over, summit, part way, whatever. I have been getting out on hwy6 I'd say atleast 3-4 days a week. If you ever see a black and silver f4i looking pretty comfortable with the road, that's me. I've been seeing tons of bikes out there lately. I am finding I just enjoy it more and more the more I ride it. I still have never seen enforcement past cherryville. Not once. I have come across a number of cruisers in cherryville though acting very stealthy with no radar just continuously on. I can't recommend this Hwy enough.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    You are a lucky sob squisher. That is probably the best sportbiking road in bc.

I'll get up there again this year. Nice stretch of weather ahead. Maybe make a long day ride to the ferry and back. If you spot a bright blue gsxr it is likely me.

Bike
    ZX-10R
    I think a trip to Cherryville is in order
    Is there a good spot there for lunch?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Cherryville is where the good riding starts if heading east. *But if you were coming from the west any distance you'd definetly want to continue past cherryville and over to needles ferry and back, or on into the kootenays. *The golf course which is right at the end of the straight stretch in cherryville(called Harrison straight stretch by the locals) has a cool restaurant and it seems very popular but honestly I haven't eaten there in years. For those familiar with the area the goldpanner cafe which is sort of the most easterly part of cherryville is not a cafe anymore just a campground office so don't hold out to go there for food. The golf course/roadhouse cafe is the only restaurant that I'm aware of right now but I honestly don't go to eat myself. Sometimes the little place across from franks general store(the green/white gas station on the Hwy in cherryville) is a restaurant and sometimes it's a used clothing store. Not sure which iteration it's sporting these days but I'd only really recommend the golf course restaurant. It's a very popular stop for bikes it seems as there is more often then not a handful or more stopped there when we go by.*

Just a reminder cherryville, espescially on a weekend is highly likely to see some enforcement. And a reminder for those equipped with detectors k band is 100% in use for police radar in this area. No if ands or butts about it I've seen it a number of times now. Also I think worth mentioning again that cherryville is quite populated and has plenty of driveways and side roads many of which are blind or midcorner and that sort of thing. It's not until you hit the goldpanner and take the first 20/30kmph switchback that it becomes remote. No more homes and way less chance of enforcement.

I'll mention too the second 20/kmph switchback just past cherryville(they are within a couple km of each other) has a hell of a frost heave in the eastbound lane. All the way across it. It's become a pet peeve of mine and I can't find a line around it. It's jarred/bottomed my suspension a number of times. Just mentioning it as it's not that visual.

I am definitely getting spoiled. Last night my wife talked me into heading towards Vernon and a few little local roads that way. Yawn, borrrrring, traffic, *I had to remind myself I was on my bike so not to get grumpy. *

If anyone wants any company and they know they are heading over this way shoot me a pm on here and I'll pass on my number. I have a full time job so not always available but would always be interested in meeting up with some other riders if possible. *Just throwing it out there even though I know it's often a pain trying to line shit up. *

And lastly again there is no premium fuel in cherryville, last of the good stuff is in Lumby. So if going out and back you either need to go into Edgewood for fuel and they do have premium otherwise it's tight to go over to needles/ferry and back on a tank. On my f4i if I ride aggressively I can't make it over and back to Lumby on a tank. If I only go over and through the angel falls twisties and back I can, or if I ride more conservatively I can. But if I want to lap them or head right over to needles I need fuel. If you run regular or don't mind blending a tank franks general store/gas station is the last on the Hwy stop in cherryville and only sports regular or diesel. The other fuel station in cherryville(the emporium) is off the highway and sports the same flavours.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Link to the cherryville golf course/roadhouse cafe site.*

*https://www.cherryvillervgolfandroad...-6-motorcycles

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Link to the cherryville golf course/roadhouse cafe site.*

*https://www.cherryvillervgolfandroad...-6-motorcycles
    We've stopped at the golf course before. Meh for food. Enjoy the road!