Tire reviews. - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Tire reviews.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    When you say rearsets, did you actually move the pegs up and back? *That would seem like an ergonomically unpleasant combo with the bar risers.
    Vortex Rearsets, set to the lowest and furthest back position, which is about 1" back and 3/8" down
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    When you say rearsets, did you actually move the pegs up and back? *That would seem like an ergonomically unpleasant combo with the bar risers.

its not that bad... i have rearsets on my gsxr with renthals.. takes a few hours of straight riding to start cramping

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    Shock, front springs, full exhuast, painted front wheel to match, windscreen, hugger, tail rack, risers, carbon wrapped fender and belly pans, rearsets, sliders, heated grips, center stand, and wait for it.............90 degree valve stems
    90 degree valves stems are the best thing you can do... nothing better than pulling the front wheel and a rotor just to put air in it..

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Metzeler Roadtec 01s are winning all the sport touring awards lately. Pirelli Angel GTs are the ones that all others are judged by. Roadtec 01's have beat them in most of the shootouts. They replaced the Z8s last year. I ran them last year on my Ducati Multistrada and they were WAY better than my PR3s and 4s. The Duc got 12,000 kms on the roadtecs and they are still at 30% left! Impressive.

I'm pretty sure the ZX14 is not going to get that much, but I'm expecting 10k per change.
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDragon View Post
    I'm pretty sure the ZX14 is not going to get that much, but I'm expecting 10k per change.
    I recall SilverD saying the ZX14 went through tires quickly, front tire in particular.

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg9 View Post
    I recall SilverD saying the ZX14 went through tires quickly, front tire in particular.
    He had a Connie, not ZX......much heavier and prone to tire wear back then.....think he had an 08.

I think some of the newer tires last longer........I get 10k out of my PR2's on the FJR easy, including trips to OR and CA with hot pavement.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    Good to know. I stand corrected.