How can I get Hulu from Canada?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How can I get Hulu from Canada?

Bike
    Honda & Suzuki

Hulu is a website that offers commercial-supported streaming video of TV shows and movies from NBC, Fox, ABC and many other networks and studios.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&so...meta=&aq=f&oq=

Will wheelie 4 boobs! Array Jave's Avatar
    Bike
    06 R6... Redline: 27000000 bitches!
    I wish... don't hold your breath tho... I would cancel my cable if we got hulu.
    Danger 4 dinner... Sex 4 breakfast...

Bike
    Honda & Suzuki
    I thought there might be some mirror site or some way to piggyback or fool Hulu into thinking my web access is from the US.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    You can try to access it through a US-based proxy, should work.

Gewgle it

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Bandit
    You try a proxy server?

Bike
    Honda & Suzuki
    I've tried a few free proxy servers but they seem too slow or otherwise seem to be too restrictive in their throughput.

Any suggestions on a solid proxy server?

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    How about a VPN? There are some decent VPN servers out there for free or minimal monthly cost.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Bike
    Honda & Suzuki
    A private network that uses the Internet to connect remote sites or users together? How does VPN fool Hulu into thinking I'm based in the US?

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumly View Post
    A private network that uses the Internet to connect remote sites or users together? How does VPN fool Hulu into thinking I'm based in the US?
    In this case it will work pretty much like a proxy, but usually with better speeds and less restrictions. You will make requests through the VPN and it will push the response back to you. Use a US-based VPN and your IP will be disguised.

Just google 'vpn hulu' and you will get tons of relevant info.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Registered User Array monkeyBOY!'s Avatar
    Bike
    its a honda
    FINALLY! I've been wanting to look at that Tracy Morgan skit of Uncle Jeminma for a long time!!!

Bike
    Honda & Suzuki
    Obliged kerunt!

Bike
    A fucking cool as shit Ducati Monster S2R 800 dark
    does hotspot shield not work?
    quack quack

Bike
    Honda & Suzuki
    I'll try hotspot shield & thanks, but if the following is true then hmm....
    Hulu Blocks Hotspot Shield Users
    Well, that was fast. Two days after reporting that folks outside of the United States were using Hotspot Shield to watch Hulu, the site now blocks Hotspot Shield users — even those within the U.S. I wasn’t the first one to mention it (not by a long shot), but if I am in fact to blame for alerting the company to the “problem,” I sincerely apologize. But you did know it was only a matter of time, right?

The good news is that Hotspot Shield isn’t the only VPN service out there, and if Hulu is simply blacklisting a series of IPs from that service, others should still work. And of course, those who still want to watch the programming on Hulu but can’t access it will probably just go somewhere else - torrent indexes and streaming sites like Megavideo, Supernovatube and, my personal favorite, Ninjavideo.

And of course none of those sites have pesky advertising. So Hulu, if you are reading, let me be the one to point out that you’re cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    http://newteevee.com/2009/05/06/hulu...-shield-users/
    Last edited by Chumly; 02-15-2010 at 04:45 AM.

VPNTelevision/StrongVPN

Quote Originally Posted by Chumly View Post

Hulu is a website that offers commercial-supported streaming video of TV shows and movies from NBC, Fox, ABC and many other networks and studios.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&so...meta=&aq=f&oq=

You too can watch Hulu.com, Pandora, Netflix, CBS, NBC, etc - despite not living in the US - simply by subscribing to a VPN service.

I got VERY VERY tired of free VPN services not working or blocked by Hulu.com - specifically Hotpost Shield (Don't get me started on them) . So, I finally caved in and set up a VPN Television/StrongVPN account last month.

The basic package costs $55/year and allows you to choose between IP addresses in San Francisco, New York, and London. Setup on my iPhones and iPod touch was very simple, as was setup on my Mac. Once you set up your VPN account details on the iPhone, a VPN toggle appears in the Settings app, between the Wi-Fi and Carrier settings, allowing for quick enabling of the VPN service whenever you need it. So I now have access to Pandora on the iPhone (which is, in a word, AWESOME), Hulu at home (again, VERY cool) and also Google Voice. With my jailbroken iPhone running GV Mobile + and Skype, I'm now able to make outgoing calls to anywhere in the U.S. free of charge, no matter where I am.

So if anyone is on the fence about going the VPN route, after trying it out myself I can definitely say it's well worth the cost. Hulu and Pandora alone are worth more than $55/year to me (that's about how much a single month of cable costs!!) and the added bonus of being able to set up a Google Voice account is just icing on the cake. If anyone has any questions about how to set everything up, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer!

http://www.vpntelevision.com

Hope this helps!

Brass
    Last edited by brassballs; 02-24-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by brassballs View Post
    You too can watch Hulu.com, Pandora, Netflix, CBS, NBC, etc - despite not living in the US - simply by subscribing to a VPN service.

I got VERY VERY tired of free VPN services not working or blocked by Hulu.com - specifically Hotpost Shield (Don't get me started on them) . So, I finally caved in and set up a VPN Television/StrongVPN account last month.

The basic package costs $55/year and allows you to choose between IP addresses in San Francisco, New York, and London. Setup on my iPhones and iPod touch was very simple, as was setup on my Mac. Once you set up your VPN account details on the iPhone, a VPN toggle appears in the Settings app, between the Wi-Fi and Carrier settings, allowing for quick enabling of the VPN service whenever you need it. So I now have access to Pandora on the iPhone (which is, in a word, AWESOME), Hulu at home (again, VERY cool) and also Google Voice. With my jailbroken iPhone running GV Mobile + and Skype, I'm now able to make outgoing calls to anywhere in the U.S. free of charge, no matter where I am.

So if anyone is on the fence about going the VPN route, after trying it out myself I can definitely say it's well worth the cost. Hulu and Pandora alone are worth more than $55/year to me (that's about how much a single month of cable costs!!) and the added bonus of being able to set up a Google Voice account is just icing on the cake. If anyone has any questions about how to set everything up, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer!

http://www.vpntelevision.com

Hope this helps!

Brass
    Hmmmm, signed up today, just to make this one post, sounds a lil spammy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **