Anyone have suggestions for Kitchen Cabinets???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have suggestions for Kitchen Cabinets???

Bike
    96 GSXR 750 (Stolen), 97 900Cbr (Crashed), 03 R1 (Still in one Piece)

Anyone have suggestions for Kitchen Cabinets???

I'm in the process of replacing my kitchen in my apartment and was wondering if anyone had suggestions as far as where to buy some decent quality cabinets for a good price.

I've gone to Home Depot and Ikea and neither are really that cheap when it comes to the cabinets that look decent.

Gotta say that Ikea has some nice hinges and drawer rollers, but can't really say that I like there cabinets or drawers.

Home Depot has some nice looking stuff, but it ends up being 8k to 9k just for the fricken cabinets! No countertop or handles!

Seen some places in Richmond and Surrey that have decent looking cabinets, but the hinges and rollers are garbage.

Those places are around the 6k range for the cabinets.

Any suggestions people?

Registered User Array 105mmgunner's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 GSXR - Still love her!!
    that shit is expensive if you want descent stuff. I built a kitchen from IKEA and was impressed with the hardware that came with it, its been in place for 8 years now without any issues.

Didnt go with the major reno outlets as the price was always in the high teens or higher.

if you have the time to wait then wait to find what you like, and hope it is on sale.

good luck

oh yea- the IKEA mounting system was foolproof and I did all the work with a friend, easy breezy

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2005 RC51
    Ikea +1
    We did my office with Ikea stuff about 2 years ago. Price was good (caught a sale) and they went in really easy, and stand up to being a workplace kitchen.

Bike
    My what?
    I just had two banks of custom drawers and new laminate counter tops installed in my house and the price was $3500. If you can replace a whole kitchen for under 10 grand you are doing well.

If you want quality workmanship from a place that actually builds them call enh cabinets.
    http://www.enhcabinets.com/
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    IKEA. For the cabinets my friend got made for $3000 I paid $10,000. Damn nice stuff.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    ZX14
    I have a number of buds who used Ikea, and they have all been happy.

I dabble with this type of stuff in my day to day, and would not hesitate to buy from Ikea myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array Scorpion71's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 KLR685,FZ6S
    +1 Ikea just finished mine last month,saved thousands
    I'm just telling it like I see it !

Registered User Array smokeshow81's Avatar
    Bike
    Looking
    maple ridge woodcraft beside the old albion ferry. They might have what your looking for.
    Young Drivers of Canada - class 5
    Cyclelogics - class 6
    Benji's Driving School - class 1
    Find me on skype: shawn radakovich

Bike
    duc what else???
    i have no idea of the local guys down your way but i to had really good experience with ikea i have done a couple and they are good products. i would suggest getting a narrow crown air stapler to put the backs on though or you will be there for ever with there stupid little nails. a cheep stapler can be found for as low as 25bucks on sale sometimes and is well worth it for the time you will save

02 Busa outa Poco Array jefft78's Avatar
    Bike
    02 Hayabusa
    I have built 2 IKEA kitchens, both are good no problems, you can actually build the entire kitchen and put all the cabinets in place in 1 day.

My parents kitchen including the countertop was under 3K

Bike
    06' gsxr 1000 race
    There was a company I used for a budget kitchen. Their work was good and very affordable. For the economical ones it only came in a couple of colours, but the kitchen is the moat expensive room in the house. The company is Eurorite and they're in Pocompton

Asian Persuasion Array dragnit02's Avatar
    Bike
    Pumpkin Orange
    most expensive room to renovate
    So much work & so little time!!

Bike
    Honda
    My wife and I did a complete reno back to the gyproc in our old house. Neither one of us are carpenter types. Everything came from Ikea and totalled $6500. My wife used their online program too sort out the dimensions. It doubled our counter and cupboard space, was in for 3 years when we sold and still looked fantastic.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

es ist orange und bellt Array barking pumpkin's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 KTM 540SM
    Ikea,
    50% cheaper than any other cabinets I could find and the ikea stuff looks much nicer.
    The Cult of Motard.

Just say NO to fairings!

Bike
    2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    Are you handy with a hammer and saw? If so maybe take a look at re-facing the cabinets you have and updating the hardware. I did mine 4 years ago and for the countertops, lighting and sink from IKEA, along with baltic birtch from Windsor plywood to re-face and make new doors, it cost all in $1350. Not a small area either, around 12'x10'

I took out an island for that as well and incorporated those cabinets into another couter area. I hate islands, always feel like there is a decision to be made as to which way to go.
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie