Free exhaust decibel testing (RCMP) - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Free exhaust decibel testing (RCMP)

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
    I bet my Yosh pipe would pass at 5K... maybe I'll tag the testing location!
    There was someone there with a Yosh pipe. They didn't pass, but the mounties said they wouldn't normally ticket them anyway. They are after the loud, open pipe types.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2001 zx-12r 2009 drz400sm 2003 Ktm 525sx 2007 yzf-r1
    I went and tested my bike and my girls f4i with a gianelli slip on.
    Both failed,hers just barley but she only wound it up to 3,000 rpm and got 91.3 not sure what the idle was.
    My zx12 with a yoshimira rs3 can
    read 91 at idle and 96.7 at 4500 rpm.
    Funny thing was the cops said "I can tell you will both pass" when we rolled in.
    Better dig out you old stock cans if you plan on riding in the city.

Oh and they really did not like my tinted headlight covers.
    Infidels Rule!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
    Quote Originally Posted by XdtesZombie View Post
    Both failed,hers just barley but she only wound it up to 3,000 rpm and got 91.3 not sure what the idle was.
    Funny thing was the cops said "I can tell you will both pass" when we rolled in.

I was there when you tested. That was my modulated headlight you were looking at.

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA

Hard to believe... I'd reading this and it's like reading a whole lot of stuff that is making me roll my eyes.
    Guess it would be up to a cop to decide if they wanted to pull you over for a exhaust check, usually I just pull my clutch in and coast by a cop as to not give them a reason to pull me over for "loud exhaust" since the S1000RR is already loud with the stock can.
    But the tinted headlight covers... now that is gold!

Bike
    Oh one more thing they said to mention they will be there tomorrow as well. Maybe there has not been that great a turn out?
    Also one officer said the decibel meter app on his I-phone got the exact same readings as the $600 unit the police have.
    Infidels Rule!

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA
    Oh one more thing they said to mention they will be there tomorrow as well. Maybe there has not been that great a turn out?
    Also one officer said the decibel meter app on his I-phone got the exact same readings as the $600 unit the police have.

But hey everything was ok when you gots got back home? nothing missing beyond a few papers?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 243Pete View Post

But hey everything was ok when you gots got back home? nothing missing beyond a few papers?
    I think everything was recovered
    That camera got destroyed good though, not sure if it got run over or hit a wall but its toast.
    I'm gonna need needle nose pliers to get the SD card out.
    Infidels Rule!

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA
    I think everything was recovered
    That camera got destroyed good though, not sure if it got run over or hit a wall but its toast.
    I'm gonna need needle nose pliers to get the SD card out.
    Toasted camera... at this point do you try to being it back and claim it under warranty? "It just sort of... rolled on its own and folded up on it's self like a piece of paper."

Guess it was a good thing we all went together or right now someone would be going, "how the hell did this happen??!?!"

Bike
    One good thing I just discovered is I can get an insert from yoshimura for my pipe.It just slides in the end and two allen screws hold it in
    It costs $20 and will drop the sound up to 10db.
    I like the way my bike sounds and don't want to put one in ,but I don't want a ticket either.
    Infidels Rule!

Bike
    2007 R-1
    well it's not squished... just a "little" impact damage.. ok... its now a little ball of metal... died an honorble death.. went with me roughly 50,000k's... thanks for the help... think I would be just a little pissed right about now...

Registered User Array hellshenchman's Avatar
    Bike
    husky 610sm,310 2 smoke quadzilla
    Best way to avoid a sound ticket,Stay out of the down town core.Any down town core.
    Yes we all know of the awesome turns and loooong staights in the city and don't forget........POSSIN at STARSCHMUCKS for those who can't rider proper.
    only on the "SM side" can you have unlimited power!

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetjubbee View Post
    well it's not squished... just a "little" impact damage.. ok... its now a little ball of metal... died an honorble death.. went with me roughly 50,000k's... thanks for the help... think I would be just a little pissed right about now...
    Wow 50 000km's is quite the distance... I guess we should have picked up the clues after seeing the first pieces of paper... my bad. =T But I'd say keep it as a memento to the good times and why it's a good idea to double check any luggage zippers.
    Time to look for a small lock or even a safety pin to hold the zippers closed... it's happened to me and luckily all I had was a chain and wire lock inside, nothing came out luckily but I make it a rule to make sure to double check everything... you are lucky your keys didn't fall out either... they were hanging by a thread.

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA
    One good thing I just discovered is I can get an insert from yoshimura for my pipe.It just slides in the end and two allen screws hold it in
    It costs $20 and will drop the sound up to 10db.
    I like the way my bike sounds and don't want to put one in ,but I don't want a ticket either.
    That's a hard one... but I say carry the DB baffle and when the cop pulls you over... just ask him to wait a few minutes and install it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 243Pete View Post
    That's a hard one... but I say carry the DB baffle and when the cop pulls you over... just ask him to wait a few minutes and install it.
    I'll leave it in the package and if I get stopped I can say I just got it and am on the way to install it.
    Infidels Rule!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    More than one
    Quote Originally Posted by Locksmith View Post
    I was 80 at idle and 87 at 5000. I passed! Stock Kawasaki Concours 14.
    If your bike is stone stock it would certainly be no surprise you passed. Not sure why you don't have a pipe on yours - those Concours 14 are a little underpowered, aren't they?