Whats with the F1 warning light on my GSXR - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Whats with the F1 warning light on my GSXR

Bike
    GSXR 600 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thGear View Post
    Yup dealer mode it. Next time your riding and the FI light comes on, quickly pull over, leave the bike running and then go into dealer mode. Don't forget to carry a small length of speaker wire or those smaller paper clips.
    Dude its deffo not a good idea to shove paper clips and wires into your electrics! 9 times out of ten its the valve in the exhaust. pull the pipe apart in the middle and free it up with some wd 40. As soon as the bike sence's the valve working the light will go out. hope that helps

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Connect ze green vire to ze brown vire, pin it and vin it.
    BCSB Crash Reconstruction Team Member

Bike
    Ducati Monster 696
    Quote Originally Posted by budburner View Post
    It's a 2004 gsxr 1000 and yes there is an aftermaket pipe on it.

As for all you wise asses....... It's not a ongoing problem it's intermitant. When the light and fault code comes up and you shut off the bike and start it right back up again it doesnt log the code anymore. Meaning that the fault is loged in the KAM part of the on board computer. (Keep Alive Memory.) If it was a serious problem then it would be on all the time and stored in the RAM (Random Access Memory) part of the computer and would not reset when it was restarted. Some of us are inteligant enough to not pay some kid who doesn't give a rats ass what happens to me or my bike when I'm flying down the road because they all get an hourly rate any ways. I think I'll choose to do my own work. I'm not asking on here because I think there are a bunch of mechanics to help me just some fellow riders to help me shed some light on the problem. I ceratianly didn't expect a bunch of condesending jerk off with nothing better to do to critisize me on what I do with my bike. Thanx
    Lol @ F1 and misspelling "intelligent" when boasting about how smart you are. And anything in RAM is lost as soon as power is cut. That's why they use NAND in SSDs and not RAM to store data.

Weird post.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    . And anything in RAM is lost as soon as power is cut. That's why they use NAND in SSDs and not RAM to store data.

Weird post.
    completely depends on the type of ram. only volatile ram needs power to retain data.

Bike
    Ducati Monster 696
    I don't want to start a thing but no. Unless you're talking about ROM or EEPROM, and then you wouldn't call "RAM."

Bike
    01 CBR600 F4i
    Two year old thread, senselessly brought back to life via GsxrCorbin600.
    ​"All great art is made of suffering, as are we"