Need your input! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need your input!

Registered User Array Stephan Schmidt's Avatar
    Bike
    1993 Honda CBR1000F
    I just bought myself an older Honda CBR with full luggage and am planning to do a few rides this summer, including:

Vancouver island - Tofino & Gold River
    Mainland - Manning park, Osoyoos, Merritt, Spences Bridge, Whistler/Pemberton, etc..
    USA - Oregon Coast, maybe down to San Fran?

Any good riding along the coast of western washington? I love seeing the ocean when riding!

Lets see some more routes! I've ridden on and off for the last 6 years and have never had the time to do some touring! Now I have the bike and work schedule to allow me to do so!

Keep posting up! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Trying to keep up... Array theswedishthing's Avatar
    Bike
    1986 Suzuki DS400s
    Hey Stefan,

That sounds like a fantastic plan. The road out to Tofino and back is always fun, but as with a lot of great roads, try to hit it midweek when it's not crawling with weekenders. There are a ton of roads that snake their way through the interior - highway 7 is a classic for sure. And the US, well there's a lot down that way too, although I've never ridden down there; I wasn't along on any of the trips the company did down the coast. But here's a route map for you if you're headed south...
    Name:  Trip Map Coast to California.gif
Views: 82
Size:  63.1 KB
    Yes, I'm Swedish. No, I don't own a Monark or a Husqvarna..

Registered User Array Stephan Schmidt's Avatar
    Bike
    1993 Honda CBR1000F
    Just rode hwy 7 from Maple ridge to Hope! Left New West at 7:00 am and made it home just before 11am. Had a few fuel and snack stops one of which was Harrision!

What about the sunshine coast highway? Google maps makes it look twisty and fun!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ZX10Rawr & lots of small bikes
    Sunshine Coast is good but keep in mind it is the only thru road. So that means more traffic and more cops. Try to enjoy the bi-ways and secondary roads for less traffic and cops. The road to Mt Baker to a perfect example.

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    lotsa sand on the Baker Hwy still. Rough pavement too, for 30 kms once past Glacier (got hammered over the winter)