RMS Bite the dust? - Page 7
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 22 ... LastLast

Thread: RMS Bite the dust?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    I agree Kevin, but someone has to have a building with 20 new motorcycles on the showroom floor.... it's certainly not going to be you.
    damn right its not me that's a 1 way ticket to bankruptcy.

These guys will just buy the bike from the states to save money anyway.

the overhead to floor 20 bikes up here compared to down there is about triple.

No wonder the sticker price is higher here yet they make less.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post

Your share in the market might be increasing, but the market itself is shrinking... or stagnant at least.
    I don't think its shrinking maybe flat lining. I think is just changing how and what they buy. I do not feel there are less people into bikes.

Way less people are buying new bikes but way more are fixing up what they have.

We see way more 1-2 year old machines they we do new ones.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    I bought 2 bikes from RMS. Always got a good deal and treated good. But when I go in I don't just stand in the showroom waiting for somebody to help as that won't happen I go get a sales guy a make him sell me a bike.

Because of RMS I was able to run Ama Daytona Sportbike on my Gixxer 600. Without there help I would have missed the whole season.

Hate to see them go but with the internet here to stay they had to make major changes that they never did.

Huge Thanks To RMS Hope you guys work it out!!!!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2010 streetfighter ducati
    I don't think it was the internet that was there problem, it was ge, they were doing a multi million dollar refinance and needed a couple more days from ge and we all know what happened, but i hear every thing will be ok in a couple of day'S, will be back open. There doing some reno' and clean up to get ready to re open. i hope it goes well for rms.

Bike
    2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    I've had a sawmill and a pulp go belly up underneath me. It sucks but you move on. That's part of life. So is having people make light of a bad situation.

There is too much hand holding going on already in this world, if you can't handle what is being said then it looks like you are in for a rough life.
    I'm in for a rough life because I thought one post on an internet forum was in poor taste??? Just felt it was opportunistic.
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie

Fookin Prawn Array
    You will always have those customers with tendencies trying to save every last penny, and for that they want to be "serviced." If you want to buy something, go buy it. You don't stand in the grocery store waiting for a clerk to tell you which chip dip is gonna get you laid faster.
    Last edited by CHIA; 02-05-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Registered User Array cincity74's Avatar
    Bike
    05 ktm
    Sounds like mosquito or bayside is pumping up his own tires on other peoples misery frikin jerk offffffffffffffff

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ducati 750SS, BMW F800GS, Scarabeo 200, lots of bicycles :^)
    I went to Pacific Yamaha today. A sad situation re RMS as I drove by. Hope they recover.

I remember going there to get some shims for my Ducati 750SS - that was many years ago - the mechanic handed me a box with shims completely unorganized! I had to measure them to find ones to fit, so I decided I would sort them all while I was there. They should have given me the shims for free.

Now I am spending money on bikes again.

But I think the market is shrinking as demographics are changing, bike manufacturers will have to find a way to appeal to the younger set. I am not sure if the young uns are as passionate as I was, nevertheless there are less of them.

I windsurf and love it and still spend money on it but that is a sport in severe decline - the kite boarders like to say it was cancelled.

Hopefully MC stays strong and gets better - and doesn't follow windsurfing.

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    I've purchased 3 bikes from RMS over the past few years. I've only dealt with 1 sales guy but like Kevin, I didn't wait for him to come to me. He was standing near the bike I was drooling over so I walked right up to him and just started talking. When I went back for bike #2 and #3, walked right into his office and sat down and told him what I wanted. I wish him the best of luck if RMS is indeed finished.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Bike
    2007 Honda CBR 600rr
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky
    I've had a sawmill and a pulp go belly up underneath me. It sucks but you move on. That's part of life. So is having people make light of a bad situation.
    Where you up in Rupert when Skeena went belly up?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    N/A
    Hey guys,
    I was just in there a couple of weeks ago and I actually decided to give a new bike a go. I've already signed a contract and paid a deposit of 1000, so what's happening here? If they don't open the doors again, is my 1000 dollars down the drain? It kind of sucks that I won't be able to find out until Thursday. Over the phone they're saying that they're closed for a minor renovation and inventory though so I'm hoping for the best.

Bike
    2004 kawasaki ZX-636r Ist, 7 R6 2nd
    I just think that with the internet here to stay, all the businesses should revisit and redefine their marketing strategies. When you can't beat em join em. I give a hats of to Bayside Performance because they are going in the right direction - a store front for the local customers and also catering to the ever growing online customers. Just utilize all the internet marketing strategies and build a big list and start your promos. You will be surprised what awaits if this is done properly and overtime.
    XtremIzzy

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremz View Post
    I just think that with the internet here to stay, all the businesses should revisit and redefine their marketing strategies. When you can't beat em join em. I give a hats of to Bayside Performance because they are going in the right direction - a store front for the local customers and also catering to the ever growing online customers. Just utilize all the internet marketing strategies and build a big list and start your promos. You will be surprised what awaits if this is done properly and overtime.
    A parts and accessory store and a motorcycle dealer are VERY different animals.

While I appreciate there are some basic similarities, the models are far from interchangeable in this market.

But yes, I agree with you about the internet, it's probably here to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    2007 Honda CBR 600rr
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    A parts and accessory store and a motorcycle dealer are VERY different animals.
    While they are very different, I think it can still work, couldn't it? If you do a quick browse on Ebay, you will see a number of online dealers who also sell parts and accessories.

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremz View Post
    I just think that with the internet here to stay .

Holy blue balls, what is this internets that you speak of?
    Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids