What is th best used Sport touring bike..? - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: What is th best used Sport touring bike..?

Bike
    RC
    Seen pics of another VFR1200 on the road now. Not sure if it was one the bikes in the thread already or another new one.
    Fill the house with bees.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Seen pics of another VFR1200 on the road now. Not sure if it was one the bikes in the thread already or another new one.
    It's another new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    It's another new one.
    Statistically insane!

Bike
    ZX14
    Statistically insane!
    Right?

4 of the same from almost 10yrs ago.....finally avail at a price that makes sense, haha. *

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    RC
    Right?

4 of the same from almost 10yrs ago.....finally avail at a price that makes sense, haha. *
    Still, rare 10 years ago. Now have 4 red ones here. One more and it's the official bike of BCSB.

Bike
    ZX14
    Still, rare 10 years ago. Now have 4 red ones here. One more and it's the official bike of BCSB.
    Did they even sell them in any other colour? Seems those are the only ones I ever see.

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    RC
    Did they even sell them in any other colour? Seems those are the only ones I ever see.
    They did Red, Blue, & Grey. Grey looks best but I've only seen Grey or Blue for sale way out East. Seems like BC got just the Red.

Bike
    Honda
    Iíve seen some white and black ones in Aus and Europe, dead sexy!
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    zx14 Ninja, MV Agusta 1078 Brutale and a Kawasaki Concours
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    Back to the original question.
    ZX 14, Corbin seat with back rest for your passenger, the wife is 6' tall had has no problems, Givi hard luggage, only weakness is if you want to ride hard on sticky rubber it will eat rear tires very quickly.
    Put on some Michelin Roads and enjoy.
    I agree with Reckless. I have the ZX14 and the Connie 14. My wife ( only 5'10" tho) is happy on both ( except in bad weather and then the Concours wins out). The Zx14 is fitted with Corbin seat, handle bar riser, hard side and top bags ( aka back rest), GPS and Yoshimura Titanium slip on exhaust. I have ridden this bike as far south as the Mexican border, super reliable ( except for tires) and with 200hp on tap, the engine is never stressed. 60,000 care free kms on the bike and it is still as strong as ever!!

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    Iíve seen some white and black ones in Aus and Europe, dead sexy!
    Yeah that was a nice look. Red is about my least favorite!

Registered User Array
    Hey all, brand new on here from Victoria BC :-). 45 with a 2008 zx14, Iím a sport tourer not a racer. *Iíve had this for 2 years now and absolutely love the bike, but have definitely been having the challenge of my gf not being comfortable for very long on the back, to the point where i tested *vtx1300 today just to see how we liked riding a cruiser instead. *Personally my butt hurt after 30 mins, but she was much more comfortable. *My zx still has the stock seat and Iím in the middle of the toss up between doing some upgrades to the seat/bars to make it better or just swapping out altogether to a big cruiser. *Anyone had any experience with using a Connie seat on the zx? *

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Welcome AVaang.........there are a few '14 owners here. I'm sure they can chime in on mods to your '14. Might I suggest you start a new thread dedicated to ZX14 mods/improvements? It will capture more attention
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by AVaang View Post
    Hey all, brand new on here from Victoria BC :-). 45 with a 2008 zx14, Iím a sport tourer not a racer. *Iíve had this for 2 years now and absolutely love the bike, but have definitely been having the challenge of my gf not being comfortable for very long on the back, to the point where i tested *vtx1300 today just to see how we liked riding a cruiser instead. *Personally my butt hurt after 30 mins, but she was much more comfortable. *My zx still has the stock seat and Iím in the middle of the toss up between doing some upgrades to the seat/bars to make it better or just swapping out altogether to a big cruiser. *Anyone had any experience with using a Connie seat on the zx? *
    You'll need to swap the hardware on the base of the seat from the 14 to the connie seat. Otherwise it should fit fine; the 14+ connie seats should be more comfortable than earlier models iirc. Also, you'll be raising the height of the seat by an inch or so, something to keep in mind if you have a short inseam. Otherwise, there are other options for pillion backrests as well as peg lowering kits for the 14. It's an excellent bike, I still miss the turbine-like thrust, solid build, and incredible mile munching abilities. Don't miss wiring up accessories on the thing though...

Bike
    RC
    So headed North through Enderby today at 6pm; was that anyone from the BCSB VFR Mafia? That was me headed South.

Bike
    Honda
    Not me ..... hard at work. Must been another one of the cool, good looking people.

But speaking of which ........ https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van...934954658.html
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.