Autoplan broker in Vancouver area for a fly and ride bike purchase.

Thread: Autoplan broker in Vancouver area for a fly and ride bike purchase.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    FZ-09

Autoplan broker in Vancouver area for a fly and ride bike purchase.

I live on the island and might be flying into vancouver to buy a used bike. Idea would be to get the papers/insurance sorted out and then hop on a ferry home.

As I'm not from the area, any recommendations for a broker?

Seller has agreed to meet near airport, so close by would be ideal.

Also, any suggestions for a location to meet near South Terminal?

Thanks!
    Last edited by BCJC; 07-04-2017 at 02:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    google the closest one

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Yea....literally whatever autoplan agent is closest. Just search "autoplan" on google maps once you're in the area.

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Better to look at the bike close to the Autoplan, no? You could hop on the Canada Line and get off at Cambie, that way you're right next to Cassell's. See the bike in that area. That's assuming you want to leave from Horseshoe Bay.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    FZ-09
    ^^^ Very interesting you mention that. Pretty much what the seller suggested.

Get off at Broadway/City Hall station, inspect bike, test ride, then take to Cassells. Called them earlier and Ena(?) was great and provided some good numbers.

Any suggestions for a test ride? Would like to do some highway, and ideally not just city driving as I never ride in the city.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1984 V65 Magna, 2006 FJR 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    ^^^ Very interesting you mention that. Pretty much what the seller suggested.

Get off at Broadway/City Hall station, inspect bike, test ride, then take to Cassells. Called them earlier and Ena(?) was great and provided some good numbers.

Any suggestions for a test ride? Would like to do some highway, and ideally not just city driving as I never ride in the city.
    Meet at a location close to the freeway and good transportation hub, with a broker nearby.

Hand the man your DL and rip up the freeway for a few minutes.

Come back and make the deal or climb back on board. (Take a hi res pic of your licence in the hand of the seller before you test ride)
    There are old riders and there are bold riders. There aren't any old, bold riders.

Ride safe folks.

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    You're a bit far from the highway at cambia and broadway, you'd have to go through downtown and stanley park. Maybe Cambie and SW Marine? Canada Line station, there's probably a broker nearby and closer to highways. * *

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Any autoplan agent can do the transfer of title and insurance, the broker is not relevant. The rates at ICBC are the rates...
    BCSB Crash Reconstruction Team Member

Registered User Array
    Bike
    FZ-09
    Right, but for the collision/comp private can give a better deal.

What's that 1A like? It runs down towards Metrotown. Is is a highway? Or just a busy city street?

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    That's Kingsway. Pretty much the worst street in the world. Far from a highway.

Bike
    2015 Honda CB300F
    Just go to Sussex Insurance in Superstore on No 3 Rd, also close to Skytrain. Sussex Insurance sells Beacon as well.

My only issue with going to Cassels for Beacon is that it's there only broker in Vancouver. When it comes time to make a claim, you need to go through your broker. When I moved to Kelowna and got rear ended, I found out very quickly how huge of a hassle that was vs. having Sussex everywhere in the province. Ena is excellent and she has a great reputation for a reason but there's only one Ena and she can only do so much, so we get passed onto her colleagues who I can describe in as nice of a way as possible as not Ena.