The BIG OIL thread....all inclusive - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The BIG OIL thread....all inclusive

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBird View Post
    Quote-with maxima chain wax, i have done over 8,000 km's with only 2 adjustments. not bad. on all my other bikes I would of done 4 or 5 adjustments by now.
    So this is your evidence that Maxima is superior to Motul Factory?[/QUOTE]

I think it's his evidence that he's too lazy to adjust his chain as often as he used to.
    BCSB Crash Reconstruction Team Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    Bike
    K1300R
    Ok, so Motorcycle oil vs Car oil?

Went to CT and all they had was Motorcycle Mobile 1 10w40 synthetic in the 1L bottles (I actually need 5w40). Unfortunately they didn't have anything else.

Do people use that Rotella engine oil in their bikes? I've always used Dino oil or semi synthetic for my other bikes and never had a problem, but the K1300R is in a different class than what I've owned before.....

loves them old Array CorruptFile's Avatar
    Bike
    '88 CBR600
    Quote Originally Posted by CanaganD View Post

Went to CT and all they had was Motorcycle Mobile 1 10w40 synthetic in the 1L bottles (I actually need 5w40). Unfortunately they didn't have anything else.

Do people use that Rotella engine oil in their bikes? I've always used Dino oil or semi synthetic for my other bikes and never had a problem, but the K1300R is in a different class than what I've owned before.....
    I use dino Rotella 10W40 in the cbr and it works fine. Never dealt with synth before...

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero

Actually Rotella is a diesel oil ...

Use it and be happy, Canadian Tire has the regular dino oil and Wally World has the Synth, both are JASCO MA certified and not expensive.

If you want an inexpensive M/C specific oil Canadian Tire usually has Castrol M/C for about 5 or 6 bux liter... or their own Moto Master brand, nothing wrong with either of them.

... and really the best oil is the oil you change regularily...
    Last edited by silverD; 03-03-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    Quote Originally Posted by htdub View Post
    Just a heads up for you Rotella Users, Advanced Auto Parts, selling for $11 a jug

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...850-_-10711125

Coupon code "dow9"

Check out and pick up in store to avoid shipping fees
    Here's my breakdown from receipt:
    Order Summary
    Product Subtotal: $22.99
    Discounts: -$6.90
    Shipping Charges: $0.00
    Total: $16.09

Submit rebate online for $5 to make it $11.09

http://www.shell.com/rotella/promoti...promotion.html

AFAIK, Advance Auto Parts is an eastern chain, and they don't ship this item, either. And the rebate is available only in the USA.
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    I've seen it at CT for a decent price, during oil sales. Good prices on car oil as well. I've seen this oil for sale at marine shop across from the Brit MC dealer on Powell St.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton
    Quote Originally Posted by GSP View Post
    AFAIK, Advance Auto Parts is an eastern chain, and they don't ship this item, either. And the rebate is available only in the USA.
    Doh my bad. Back to wally world for $23 a jug.
    Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids

Registered Abuser Array IllA4-1.8T's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Honda CBR1000RR, '00 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    I'm so with you on that one, Android is crap! As a matter of fact I'm posting this from my iPhone right now

Ok.... obviously, this oil thread is going no where.....

IPONE or GO HOME!

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    Bike
    K1300R
    *rolls eyes*

Registered Abuser Array IllA4-1.8T's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Honda CBR1000RR, '00 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    If there was ever a thread that needed to be derailed, an oil thread is the first priority for derailing!

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by silverD View Post
    Actually Rotella is a diesel oil ...

Use it and be happy, Canadian Tire has the regular dino oil and Wally World has the Synth, both are JASCO MA certified and not expensive.

If you want an inexpensive M/C specific oil Canadian Tire usually has Castrol M/C for about 5 or 6 bux liter... or their own Moto Master brand, nothing wrong with either of them.

... and really the best oil is the oil you change regularily...

CT has the Shell Rotella 15-40 5 litre jugs on sale right now for $19.99. JASO MA

Bike
    Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Norton
    Last year I scored a great deal on semi synth oil and a new helmet at Kreator in Kelowna. I bought 8 litres of Semi Synth Castrol 20/50 m/c oil and anew flip front helmet for roughly $88 taxes in. The lid was 75% off and they took and additional 75% off at the till! The oil was $5 litre.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough as I was sure they had f'ed up.

That's all I got to add.

Bike
    ummm
    Even for semi-synthetic, that's a smokin' deal. And a new helmet too??? Frickin''''''

Bike
    Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Norton
    The lid was about $40 pre tax and regular price I think was $175? I even questioned her, as I fear karma. Nope, that was the price: 75% off and another 75% at the till.

The oil was a smoking deal. I cleaned him out. If he'd more than 8 I would've taken them all. The clutch in the Triumph can be picky too but so far it likes this oil.

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron! View Post
    The lid was about $40 pre tax and regular price I think was $175? I even questioned her, as I fear karma. Nope, that was the price: 75% off and another 75% at the till.

The oil was a smoking deal. I cleaned him out. If he'd more than 8 I would've taken them all. The clutch in the Triumph can be picky too but so far it likes this oil.
    You have to jump on these "calculating errors". I once showed up at a garage warehouse of a retiring ELF dealer in Vancouver. I bought 16- 12 litre cases of oil at his asking price of $3.90/litre, for ELF 15w-50 full synthetic JASO MA/APIspec SG bike oil. Sold 75% of it on Craig's for 10$/litre. Didn't have to buy any for 5 yrs.