Motorcycle(used Private) PST to Become 12% - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Motorcycle(used Private) PST to Become 12%

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by CanaganD View Post
    well it may have been discussed numerously before, but still. Why the fuck do I have to pay taxes at all!?!?
    I tend to agree with you. But then I realize that when I get old, there will be no government services left. Do you?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1984 V65 Magna, 2006 FJR 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    I tend to agree with you. But then I realize that when I get old, there will be no government services left. Do you?
    Next post those same folks will be bitching about the lack of street cleaning/new pavement/etc/etc/.The same old "Someone else should pay, not me."

Registered User Array
    Bike
    rs125
    Quote Originally Posted by Pea Souper View Post
    Next post those same folks will be bitching about the lack of street cleaning/new pavement/etc/etc/.The same old "Someone else should pay, not me."
    We pay for it but it never gets done.

Registered User Array
    Bike

i don't mind paying tax when it's justified, but double taxation is bullshit. once something has had tax paid on it, that should be it. does it make sense to have 12% paid on a used vehicle for it's lifetime every time it's changed owners?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    i don't mind paying tax when it's justified, but double taxation is bullshit. once something has had tax paid on it, that should be it. does it make sense to have 12% paid on a used vehicle for it's lifetime every time it's changed owners?
    No it does not. Taxes have to come from somewhere. Gotta pay for all the mistakes past governments have made.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    No it does not. Taxes have to come from somewhere. Gotta pay for all the mistakes past governments have made.

that's a defeatist's attitude. if you think a couple hundred bucks from a used vehicle sale is going to erase the defecit, well, i have this bridge i'd like to sell you......

Bike
    SeaBeeRRRR
    with that kinda attitude.. Always good to know someone around here likes to take it in the cornhole.. shall i call the government and tell them they have a willing participant?

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    ..... i have this bridge i'd like to sell you......
    Does it have six lanes? .....Hmmm I could construct a shed and collect tolls. Now where is that thread with the shed how to again...
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwilo View Post
    We voted in the referendum to get rid of the HST and return it to the way it was before.

so you are to blame for the mess of rescinding this? ..... you deserve what you get then.... enjoy....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad B View Post
    Of course they lobbied for that.. to try and push you to a dealership to buy a new car..
    same lobbyists who are trying to get RHD imports banned..

because they feel it is hurting new car sales..
    limit your options and make buying something used less attractive..
    that and the fact almost every car sold privately in BC is done for less than 500 bucks on the bill of sale....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromgreg View Post
    that and the fact almost every car sold privately in BC is done for less than 500 bucks on the bill of sale....

Don't quote me on this, but I think they put an end to that as well? I thought I remembered hearing something about how you now pay tax on the assesed "fair market value", not what you declare you paid. And considering the battles I've had with icbc in assessing what fair market value on a vehicle actually is, well.....not good.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    that's a defeatist's attitude. if you think a couple hundred bucks from a used vehicle sale is going to erase the defecit, well, i have this bridge i'd like to sell you......
    Hard to believe you think that is the only funds the government receives.

I wonder what you paid for your bridge?

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Hard to believe you think that is the only funds the government receives.
    I think that's the point HE was making.

Bike
    2009 ZX6R---2008 KLX 450 SM---2005 SV650
    Quote Originally Posted by malamikigo View Post
    I think that's the point HE was making.
    Don't even bother, some men you just can't reach. I am sure he is king of the idiots up there in Williams lake, he probably has a great union job that provides him with a dental plan. I'm pretty sure that means he has "made it"

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Don't even bother, some men you just can't reach. I am sure he is king of the idiots up there in Williams lake, he probably has a great union job that provides him with a dental plan. I'm pretty sure that means he has "made it"
    Belonged to a union once and only once 1981 to 1987. Since then it has been piece work.

I get paid for what I do. If I screw it up, I do it again for free (I also have to pay for all materials, which would far exceed my original pay) Pay my own medical, dental, and retirement plan.

Being a union boy yourself you should know, they tend to lean toward the NDP. That is pretty much why their unions support the NDP. Or is it the other way around?
    Last edited by Pea Souper; 04-30-2013 at 09:48 PM.