New (to me) Bike day! - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: New (to me) Bike day!

Bike
    Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Norton
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    Weezies borsch hut is just that.

Also, every family makes it different to start with, their stuff was good.
    Last year I'm sitting in a pub in Grand Forks and three drunk guys are arguing, very loudly, the proper borscht making technique. I almost joined in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

for the crumpet I suppose Array
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron! View Post
    Contribute much?
    Yes, actually. Read my review of the new Michelin Hyper.

Bike
    Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Norton
    Quote Originally Posted by dasein View Post
    Oh well you're just a regular old Alan Cathcart aren't you?

for the crumpet I suppose Array
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron! View Post
    Oh well you're just a regular old Alan Cathcart aren't you?
    More like Allan Partridge:

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    More like Allan Partridge:

Reminds me of this:

Bike
    2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    I love that show.:-)
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie

Bike
    2009 ZX6R---2008 KLX 450 SM---2005 SV650
    Great review.

Bike
    Honda
    Well it was fun while it lasted.

I was out for a cruise in Ft Langley this afternoon. As I turned right off Glover Rd onto Rawlinson Court the road is a downhill right.

The Sunbird/Cavalier driver in front of me pulled onto the shoulder and came almost to a complete halt. I pulled out to go around him and then he decided to pull a u-turn, 30' from an intersection that is fairly busy.

I hit the front driver quarter panel at 20-30 km/hr, over the hood and landed on my right side. Head smoked the ground pretty hard as well as the hip and shoulder. Yay for armored jeans, leather jackets with armor and a full face Bell.

As I pulled myself off the pavement and the driver appraoched, I questioned his driving ability and decision making process in a rather coarse fashion, and then things started to hurt. Hips, shoulder and neck started first. The driver approached, and only asked for a pen to trade info. Nothing about if I was OK which triggered the spidey senses. his girlfriend jumped in the driver's seat as I popped out the IiPhone and took a pic of the driver and license plate. Thankfully a witness was directly behind and stopped to provide assistance and a statement.

I called 911 and reported it and then noticed the Sunbird/Cavalier jockeying its position on the shoulder. I went over and talked to the girlfriend who was now driving and the original driver who was now in the passenger seat. Spidey senses tingling stronger now.

I asked "You really aren't thinking of leaving are you?" Buddy said they were going to the cop shop in Ft Langley. I pointed out that there wasn't one. We went around in that circle for 2 or 3 times and they headed out. I informed him that failing to remain at the scene was only going to make things worse, regardless if he was a prohib or unlicensed driver. I considered reaching in and grabbing the keys, but since I already had a pic of him, his plate and the police were on the way; why expose myself to being dragged down the road? And besides, if a K9 Unit get called in, all the more justice in my eye!

Off they went with the car driving pigeon toed causing the tires to squeal, since applying 530 lbs of Honda and 200 lbs of rider to the left front tire apparently isn't a load that Chevy originally planned for the mighty Sunbird/Cavalier. A second call to 911 to report him leaving took care of that.

A Langley traffic member arrived about 2 minutes after they left and started with his end of things. About 5 minutes later he told me that they had stopped the car and located the male who had run off to hide in a construction site. No information at this point of why he ran, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a few possible reasons.

So right now I'm sitting at home with a glass of wine, pretty stiff and sore; but all is good. On the way home I saw an Air Ambulance landed on Hwy 1 by 200th St. My little mishap is pretty minor compared to that and the bad guy got caught.

Ride safe.

Some Pics:

This is where the bike ghost rode about 30'-40' and jammed to a halt.

Considering used top and bottom fairings alone are $1000 a pop before being repainted and the tank now has a dent in it, I can't see it being repaired. It would be nice if it was though!
    Last edited by Sikorsky; 07-03-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Shitty deal. Glad you are okay.
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    IRSU magnet
    Big shitty balls of shit, that's a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling
    No trees were harmed to display the above message ..... however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    pic of the sunbird/cavalier or it never happend and you just apexed the straight.

sorry for the loss david, but glad to hear you came out of it pretty much okay.
    salvage and rebuild time!
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    848 EVO Dark
    Shitty deal. I am totally on the same page as far as pain goes, I dropped my bike on monday coming back from Vegas. I was on 93 in Idaho and hit a puddle of something as I leaned into a slow left. It threw me on the ground and some how I managed to smash my right thumb and right instep. I managed to ride the last six hours home, not sure how as I can't grip anything, but it's going to be costly.

It's supper crappy that your pretty little bike is probably a write off now, and I am sorry to hear that you are in pain. I hope it gets sorted out for you and that you heal up quick.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Glad you survived this one David. What kind of idiot leaves the scene, somebody gonna get hurt real bad.

Guess you're gonna be off work for some time. Hope you bend ICBC over as well.

oldskool suzuki rules Array maggotbreath's Avatar
    Bike
    237 HP 86GSXR11 Turbo Streetfighter, 84 GS1150EFE, 73GT750 in pieces. XN85, GS250, GS450, BSA500X2, BSA650, XT350
    Muther$^%#er!!!!

Fookin Prawn Array
    You shoulda just told him what you do for a living, that would have stopped him from running. But nothing like a little light entrapment to make the story juicy.

So now that you're all banged up, it's time for disability and a nice big ICBC payout. High five! Glad you're okay, too bad for the bike.