Motorcycle Harassment Month has begun - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Harassment Month has begun

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuff View Post
    So good to have you back Frosty. Productive as usual.
    Sorry dude but I'm just pointing out that it never/rarely seems to happen to cars who are innocently driving around without suspended licenses and arrest warrants etc. I'm talking about a simple license check here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    1200 RT
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    I'm also curious to know when it's car harassment month. Amazing you never hear about people being "randomly" pulled over and time wasted for a license check in their Corolla while they were driving the speed limit.
    You've never seen seat belt checks or seat belt blitzes for a week/month? Is that harassment too?

Bike
    2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    Sorry dude but I'm just pointing out that it never/rarely seems to happen to cars who are innocently driving around without suspended licenses and arrest warrants etc. I'm talking about a simple license check here.
    I'll post it again then.

As for why motorcycles are checked more often than cars, common sense really. A class 6 is hard to get for most of the driving population who are lazy with a feeling of entitlement. You don't need a class 6 to register a motorcycle so what the hell, roll the dice. Unfortunately the other two thirds of riders who do have a valid class 6 get thrown in the pot with the rest of the asshats.
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie

countdown to next crash.. Array Islesfan91's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 ninja 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuff View Post
    I'll post it again then.

As for why motorcycles are checked more often than cars, common sense really. A class 6 is hard to get for most of the driving population who are lazy with a feeling of entitlement. You don't need a class 6 to register a motorcycle so what the hell, roll the dice. Unfortunately the other two thirds of riders who do have a valid class 6 get thrown in the pot with the rest of the asshats.
    I'm with Frosty on the constant cell phone blitz, would love to see that more aggressively enforced. Cuff's point is the main one, with close to 1/3 of motorcyclists not licensed it does make sense to target us for that, even if it isn't fair that it doesn't happen to the cagers (as often).

I'd still kind of prefer beat downs for drivers who don't use turn signals though. At lunch headed to queensborough I followed a woman driving a white explorer, left turn signal flashing away. She takes the right exit off the 91 northbound so she can head to queensborough landing, still flashing left signal. Comes up to the light where her turn signal now actually makes sense, turns left and then goes into the left turning lane on Howe to turn left onto Boyd with no turn signal. Ticket these clueless lazy fucks. How hard is it to move a finger to use a turn signal? This is why I don't trust anyone on the road, and will sometimes wait a lot longer to make a turn because I simply don't trust what they're showing me.

what was the topic again?
    First bike:2011 Ninja 650r orange/black - crashed June 19/2012
    Second bike: 2012 Ninja 650 black - not yet crashed

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post

2) Peace Officers can stop any motor vehicle for the sole purpose of checking for a valid license and insurance.
    ahh, no they cant. in fact, 'random' stops have been struck down in the Cdn courts.

Bike
    ZX14
    I've never been pulled over for anything other than speeding, so must be a city-rider thing.

Here's a suggestion, go somewhere other than heat score central, like Robson or Denman,
    or anywhere on a sportbike in the city. Isn't getting pulled over in the city all part of the
    posing 101 course outline? You get poser points for that you know....embrace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    ZX10Rawr & lots of small bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    I've never been pulled over for anything other than speeding, so must be a city-rider thing.

Here's a suggestion, go somewhere other than heat score central, like Robson or Denman,
    or anywhere on a sportbike in the city. Isn't getting pulled over in the city all part of the
    posing 101 course outline? You get poser points for that you know....embrace it.
    This is the most basic common sense about motorcycling and it is the most ignored.

Registered User Array 105mmgunner's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 GSXR - Still love her!!
    It does get tiring being pulled over again and again to simply see my licence.

I don't enjoy riding through traffic so I avoid going into the city on the bike as much as I can. Maybe its my age but it feels sketchy surrounded by so many cars.

Two rear ends and a head on over my riding experience (20 + years) has made me a bit paranoid, all in New West has made me twitchy when going through there. lol

...LIKE A BOSS! Array JustABoss's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxer750
    These days with the new laws, there are MORE unlicensed cage drivers than motorcycle riders (in comparison). Motorcyclists are targeted because of the fatality rate compared to car accident fatalities. Motorcycles operate for a certain time period and the accident and injury rate goes up. That is why motorcyclists are targeted.

Ive been stopped more times in the few years Ive been riding compared to the time I have been driving for various reasons...license check, speeding and turn signals. As a biker i feel targeted but as a biker i deal with it. Suck it up if u go DT or go south/east.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by BMR View Post
    You've never seen seat belt checks or seat belt blitzes for a week/month? Is that harassment too?
    Eyeballing people on the side of the road for seat-belts and cell phones isn't pulling people over randomly. An offense is witnessed and a ticket is issued. Do you not understand what a random license check is?

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post

No offense Chia but this has nothing to do with posing, I live and work in the city, so unless I trailer my bike out of it first to ride it, I'm going to be riding through the city.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by elevation View Post
    This is the most basic common sense about motorcycling and it is the most ignored.
    Apparently the fact that people may live in the city isn't common sense and is being ignored.

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    ahh, no they cant. in fact, 'random' stops have been struck down in the Cdn courts.
    Some examples please.

(Regina vs Wilson and Regina vs Ladouceur from 1990), both show that random stops.. which are authorized by statute, were in fact violations of Charter 9 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Further, it clearly ruled that random stops on the highway at the sole discretion of a police officer were arbitrary, and a violation of Charter 9 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

NOT WITHSTANDING THAT...

The court CLEARLY RULED, that these violations of your charter of rights and freedoms are LEGAL AND JUSTIFIED, under Section 1 of the same Charter.

If they would like to stop you and have you produce a license, there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Anything else is just made up Perry Mason stuff on BCSB.

Make your own charter complaint if you are stopped at random and asked for a license. Your lawer will point you to those two cases I have, and tell you to save your time and money.

Oh, and he'd pinch your nose (make a honking noise) and tell you to read some more Hardy Boys books, or watch CSI or something.
    Last edited by bandito; 05-01-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Some examples please.

(Regina vs Wilson and Regina vs Ladouceur from 1990), both show that random stops.. which are authorized by statute, were in fact violations of Charter 9 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Further, it clearly ruled that random stops on the highway at the sole discretion of a police officer were arbitrary, and a violation of Charter 9 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

NOT WITHSTANDING THAT...

The court has CLEARLY RULED, that these violations of your charter of rights and freedoms are LEGAL AND JUSTIFIED, under Section 1 of the same Charter.

If they would like to stop you and have you produce a license, there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Anything else is just made up Perry Mason stuff on BCSB.

Make your own charter complaint if you are stopped at random and asked for a license. Your lawer will point you to those two cases I have, and tell you to save your time and money.

Oh, and he'd pinch your nose (make a honking noise) and tell you to read some more Hardy Boys books, or watch CSI or something.
    I think he's talking about a recent case in Ontario, nothing to do with BC.

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Apparently the fact that people may live in the city isn't common sense and is being ignored.
    You better get used to it.

Once they take your license away, transit police will be busy asking you for your proof of fare.

Nice to meet you by the way. Not as much of a dink as I was hoping you'd be. It's ruined the fun...

Well, that - and the fact I have to read everything you post with a South African accent now is fucked.