Motorcycle profiling safety signs
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle profiling safety signs

Bike
    2001 zx-12r 2009 drz400sm 2003 Ktm 525sx 2007 yzf-r1

Motorcycle profiling safety signs

Ok what is with all the highway signs that have been programed to read "MOTORCYCLISTS WATCH YOUR SPEED"...."RIDE SAFELY"

What the hell is this? Maybe they should read Minivan drivers pay fuckin attention! or Blonde drivers put down your phone!
    Or how about Prius drivers move over please. (feel free to add more we can submit them to the ministry of highways later)

Does anyone else find this somewhat insulting? Like it is only Motorcycle riders who need to watch their speed?What about the asshats in the beemers and audi's?
    Infidels Rule!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array fish_antlers's Avatar
    Bike
    itali-scrap
    You noticed this after how many years ?

Resident Contrarian Array PoCoRider's Avatar
    Bike
    09 ZX6R
    Yeah I saw that this morning, wasn't impressed. The "speed" part of that bugs me the most - tell that to the minivan drivers with Kids in the back who do impound speeds.

Every morning on my commute in I see people on phones, cars swerving due to texting, women putting on make up, etc. Heck, on my way home today the car in front of me side swiped the barrier diving eastbound and westbound at Brunette. He'd been swerving in his lane for a bit, probably texting, and as the corner curved left he went completely into the wall and then continued driving. Mirror came right off and is probably still sitting there.

Happiness is the corner Array Land Roving's Avatar
    Bike
    A couple Hondas, a Duc, an Aprilia, a Suzuki and a Yamaha walk into a bar...
    Quote Originally Posted by fish_antlers View Post
    You noticed this after how many years ?
    I think they used to read "Watch for motorcyclists," not "Motorcyclists watch your speed."
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Bike
    Is this somehow part of motorcycle awareness month? Are they now suddenly aware of motorcycles and they see them as speeders and feel obliged to tell everybody?
    Paging Bccom..... WTF?
    Infidels Rule!

Registered User Array fish_antlers's Avatar
    Bike
    itali-scrap
    Wrongo - said that for a few years now. Where's that new crazy video of that surprised hamster?

Bike
    Wrongo - said that for a few years now. Where's that new crazy video of that surprised hamster?
    Never seen it before about a week ago..someone back me up here am I just not paying attention or is Fish antlers confused or possibly dyslexic?
    Infidels Rule!

Bike
    It used to say "watch for motorcycles" in previous years.
    The smart ass remark is new this year
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki ER6n
    I agree that the message feels a little bit derogatory towards motorcyclists, as if we're all shitty road users who always speed and constantly break the law. Interesting that there are no signs targeting the guy I followed home driving his lifted toyota 4runner with a tail light out, swerving all over the place, passing another vehicle on the shoulder, and switching lanes a number of times without signalling.
    Of course if you're young, and out drinking, whoring, and toking till all hours on a Saturday nite, forget about it.

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    Never seen it before, but have seen the "watch for motorcycles" sign everyone else is mentioning.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Bike
    04 SV650
    Seen "Motorcyclist watch your speed" yesterday just after portmann bridge (going towards Vancouver). I thought it was because roads were so shitty, full of bumps and dips and dirt and crap due to the construction, that it was warning motorcyclists of the dangers. Never thought of it as being said in the way others mentioned.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2005 Yamaha R6
    I'm pretty sure there for the many squids wearing their white tube socks and low cut white sneakers lane splitting between motorcycles on a completely empty highway.

Either way it was an idle threat that you have it over 40 km/hr your going to be impounded. I say idle because I passed by a couple of those signs and saw the only cop at a station.

Registered User Array dexter302's Avatar
    Bike
    its fast....
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrle1 View Post
    Seen "Motorcyclist watch your speed" yesterday just after portmann bridge (going towards Vancouver). I thought it was because roads were so shitty, full of bumps and dips and dirt and crap due to the construction, that it was warning motorcyclists of the dangers. Never thought of it as being said in the way others mentioned.
    I've seen the same thing last year along the #1 during construction.
    But it also said "road grooved ahead"

Bike
    2009 ZX6R---2008 KLX 450 SM---2005 SV650
    This is new.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by XdtesZombie View Post
    Is this somehow part of motorcycle awareness month? Are they now suddenly aware of motorcycles and they see them as speeders and feel obliged to tell everybody?
    Paging Bccom..... WTF?
    Too funny,
    Sportbikes don't support BCCOM, but aren't shy about asking for help.
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)