Randy Scott back in the news. - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Scott back in the news.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    again you're spewing info that is irrelevant to speeding. i know lots of guys that don't pay income tax, yet earn 2-300k a year legit and i know lots of guys that do pay income tax, yet earn 2-300k a year non legit. do i give a shit about either's tax situation? nope. never mind some guy i don't even know. i thought the goal was to pay as little as possible in tax, whether it was money that was earned legally or not. if you think it's an honourable thing to give the government as much of your hard earned money as possible to boast about paying large sums of tax, well, good on you but i am strongly at odds with this line of thinking. tax payer=sucker in my mind, it's not something to brag about.
    There are people that contribute to society and those that don't. Randy isn't exactly just another innocent speeder.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Also I'm not saying that I want to pay as much tax as possible, I'm saying I'm tired of fucking paying a high rate of tax because I'm effectively paying for the the delinquents that don't.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    There are people that contribute to society and those that don't. Randy isn't exactly just another innocent speeder.

look man, i get it. you loathe him. i don't know what your back story to hating him is but i hope it's based on more than just jealousy that he doesn't appear to pay tax. this is bc, there are a hell of a lot of people that don't pay tax, yet still pay a ton of tax using that untaxed money to buy large dollar items. get over it.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Also I'm not saying that I want to pay as much tax as possible, I'm saying I'm tired of fucking paying a high rate of tax because I'm effectively paying for the the delinquents that don't.

that line of thinking should be quickly followed by "how do i pay less tax?". seriously. there are numerous ways to avoid paying tax, i suggest talking to an accountant if you feel like you're paying over your fair share. or are you the kinda guy that keeps every nickel without spreading it around a bit even if the difference is a wash once tax considerations are taken into account?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    lastly, i just don't like the hate on for another rider. people think i'm a grower but i'm not, never have been. i ride bikes and have other toys, and i love to use them to their fullest. should i live in fear that some guy like frosty is going to develop a personal vendetta against me just because he hates how i roll? it's bullshit. worry about yours and fuck everyone else, or continue getting in people's business and see where that lands you.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    lastly, i just don't like the hate on for another rider. people think i'm a grower but i'm not, never have been. i ride bikes and have other toys, and i love to use them to their fullest. should i live in fear that some guy like frosty is going to develop a personal vendetta against me just because he hates how i roll? it's bullshit. worry about yours and fuck everyone else, or continue getting in people's business and see where that lands you.
    I don't really agree with the "just another rider" comment. I'm sorry but I don't paint all motorcyclists with the same brush. Just because you happen to be involved in the same hobby as I am in, doesn't mean we are now big buddies for life. I have no interest in hanging out or riding with Harley pirates who like to go to "biker bars" to have a bucket of beers and ride home for example, they ride too.

The guy put himself in the public spotlight. It's not like people are "getting into his business", go look at his wide open FB page if you want confirmation of that. He wants and loves the attention.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    so how do i not pay tax or pay much less?

'cause all that extra moneyz would leave me a lot more for fuel and US trips

"Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Resident Contrarian Array PoCoRider's Avatar
    Bike
    09 ZX6R
    I don't really agree with the "just another rider" comment. I'm sorry but I don't paint all motorcyclists with the same brush. Just because you happen to be involved in the same hobby as I am in, doesn't mean we are now big buddies for life. I have no interest in hanging out or riding with Harley pirates who like to go to "biker bars" to have a bucket of beers and ride home for example, they ride too.

The guy put himself in the public spotlight. It's not like people are "getting into his business", go look at his wide open FB page if you want confirmation of that. He wants and loves the attention.
    100% agreed. Just because he's a 'fellow' biker doesn't mean he deserves any special consideration from me.

The guy seems like a degenerate who doesn't provide anything useful to society. There's absolutely no way he should have his license back, or at least restrict it so that he can't have a motorcycle endorsement for several years.

He could have very easily have killed someone and through sheer luck he didn't. At the speed he was going if someone made a lange change 100's of meters in front of him he wouldn't have been able to react. Who knows the damage he'll cause next time.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by PoCoRider View Post
    100% agreed. Just because he's a 'fellow' biker doesn't mean he deserves any special consideration from me.

The guy seems like a degenerate who doesn't provide anything useful to society. There's absolutely no way he should have his license back, or at least restrict it so that he can't have a motorcycle endorsement for several years.

He could have very easily have killed someone and through sheer luck he didn't. At the speed he was going if someone made a lange change 100's of meters in front of him he wouldn't have been able to react. Who knows the damage he'll cause next time.
    I don't really think getting the license back officially is going to really do anything, he didn't have one when the video was made...

Bike
    2015 Ducati Full Throttle
    Quote Originally Posted by gxr jo View Post
    or mommy has a line of credit
    or mommy is a "pharmaceutical distribution engineer"
    "You can't make the roads safer by hiding in the bushes"

Bike
    2015 Ducati Full Throttle
    it's only a matter of time before we have these types of laws here.

With Switzerland being well-know for its drastic punishment of both speeding drivers and motorcycle riders, here's one more thing to always remind you to obey the speed regulations in the land of banks and cows: speeding will cause law-breakers to go to jail.

A news law has passed and will become effective starting 1st of January 2013, enforcing obeying the speed limits in an even more radical way: jail time, from 1 up to 4 years. The new law specifies the following penalties:
    - In a 30 km/h zone, doing 70+ km/h,
    - In a 50 km/h zone, doing 100+ km/h (city),
    - In a 80 km/h zone, doing 140+ km/h (main roads)
    - In a 120 km/h zone, going 200+ km/h (motorways).

Switzerland is already known for its huge fines when it comes to speeding and we have multiple examples of guys getting their cars impounded and having to pay huge amounts of money.

With fines being proportional with the taxable income, we've already seen €202,000 ($261,900) and a record-breaking fine over 1 mil Euros ($1,296,600 for a Swedish driver, later changed for a smaller one). You can see that these guys are not kidding so you'd better keep a close eye on the speedo, no matter whether you're driving or riding a motorcycle.
    "You can't make the roads safer by hiding in the bushes"

Bike
    The Mighty One
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    so how do i not pay tax or pay much less?

'cause all that extra moneyz would leave me a lot more for fuel and US trips

Become self employed and/or buy a rental property and get a good accountant. The point isn't to stop paying taxes but a surprising amount of things you pay for now become business expenses as soon as you go from paycheques to business and rental income and expenses.

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    Become self employed and/or buy a rental property and get a good accountant. The point isn't to stop paying taxes but a surprising amount of things you pay for now become business expenses as soon as you go from paycheques to business and rental income and expenses.
    This isn't doable for most people. Easy to say "become self employed"...it's not the way the world works, it's impossible for everyone to be self employed. Same way not everyone will go to university and get a degree for a white collar job, the world can't function. Tax is an evil necessity, that's why we have free healthcare, that's why Randy got to stay in the hospital for 2 months for free, that's why he posted a pic of him on FB being scraped off the road by EMTs with the comment "lol". Maybe if they sent him a $2Mil bill for that stint like they would have in the States, he wouldn't be lol'ing.

Fonz Be With You Array njoytheride's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 Yamaha R6 / 2007 Yamaha FZ6
    Money aside, why would ICBC give him the option to get his license back anyway?!
    "Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window."

Resident Contrarian Array PoCoRider's Avatar
    Bike
    09 ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancey View Post
    Switzerland is already known for its huge fines when it comes to speeding and we have multiple examples of guys getting their cars impounded and having to pay huge amounts of money.

With fines being proportional with the taxable income, we've already seen €202,000 ($261,900) and a record-breaking fine over 1 mil Euros ($1,296,600 for a Swedish driver, later changed for a smaller one). You can see that these guys are not kidding so you'd better keep a close eye on the speedo, no matter whether you're driving or riding a motorcycle.
    Personally I love this system. Enough of the world is 'pay to play', so why not fine the obscenely rich people proportionately. A $500 speeding ticket to someone who makes millions is peanuts, whereas to someone making 30 grand a year it's rather hefty and potentially unjust.