Randy Scott back in the news. - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 126

Thread: Randy Scott back in the news.

  1. #46
    I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    hard in the mac
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    Become self employed and/or buy a rental property and get a good accountant. The point isn't to stop paying taxes but a surprising amount of things you pay for now become business expenses as soon as you go from paycheques to business and rental income and expenses.
    hmm... maybe 10 years into my chosen career path that is actually fairly possible.



    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

  2. #47
    Got Hammer? Array gixxstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Princeton
    Bike
    The Mighty One
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    This isn't doable for most people. Easy to say "become self employed"...it's not the way the world works, it's impossible for everyone to be self employed. Same way not everyone will go to university and get a degree for a white collar job, the world can't function. Tax is an evil necessity, that's why we have free healthcare, that's why Randy got to stay in the hospital for 2 months for free, that's why he posted a pic of him on FB being scraped off the road by EMTs with the comment "lol". Maybe if they sent him a $2Mil bill for that stint like they would have in the States, he wouldn't be lol'ing.
    Sounds awesome and all but I'm not sure that you get why I bothered to write anything. The point isn't to be like most people. If you want to avoid paying taxes you really have 4 (3 for most people) options.

    1) don't make any money
    2) live and work on a reserve
    3) tax evasion
    4) tax minimization

    Only one of those might afford you a significant disposible income and keep you out of an orange jumpsuit. I'll admit that being self employed isn't an option for every job or every person and our society wouldn't function if everyone did it. Top bracket on income tax is 43%. Capital gains are 25% and everything that you spend related to your investment is taken off the top. There are lots of very well to do people paying 43% tax on their top money out there but the percentage of your income that ends up becomes taxes or disposable income is very different between the two.

  3. #48
    Fookin Prawn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I'm well aware of the system and how it works, I have a business.

  4. #49
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    .
    Bike
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    I don't really agree with the "just another rider" comment. I'm sorry but I don't paint all motorcyclists with the same brush. Just because you happen to be involved in the same hobby as I am in, doesn't mean we are now big buddies for life. I have no interest in hanging out or riding with Harley pirates who like to go to "biker bars" to have a bucket of beers and ride home for example, they ride too.

    The guy put himself in the public spotlight. It's not like people are "getting into his business", go look at his wide open FB page if you want confirmation of that. He wants and loves the attention.

    that wasn't my point at all, but there is a difference in perpetuating his image vs just shutting up about it. you say he's an attention whore, well you're his biggest pimp. my point was more along the lines of "people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks". how was that impound of yours anyways? i feel you're an extreme danger to the public for riding at 40 over the limit and will make sure to drag your name through the mud, even when no one asks. see what i mean? it's ok for you to get an impound but how dare he speed more than you.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    I don't really think getting the license back officially is going to really do anything, he didn't have one when the video was made...

    again going after character. big fucking deal. there are far worse assholes on the road than this guy, just the fact that he's still around says something about him knowing how to ride given his chosen speeds.


    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    This isn't doable for most people. Easy to say "become self employed"...it's not the way the world works, it's impossible for everyone to be self employed. Same way not everyone will go to university and get a degree for a white collar job, the world can't function. Tax is an evil necessity, that's why we have free healthcare, that's why Randy got to stay in the hospital for 2 months for free, that's why he posted a pic of him on FB being scraped off the road by EMTs with the comment "lol". Maybe if they sent him a $2Mil bill for that stint like they would have in the States, he wouldn't be lol'ing.
    the beauty about canada is that any business venture, small or large, will allow you to become self employed. don't you run an it firm? wouldn't that already count? if not, could you not just come up with a small consulting biz and write off as much as you can? this isn't SA, learn to adapt like everyone else. or don't, i really don't care if you pay shit tons in tax or not, just don't think you're above anyone for paying it cuz like i said, i know people with 7 figure incomes that pay less than you.

  5. #50
    Ridin Dirty Array vstromgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BC
    Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Does 13,000 include the bike they took and sold?

    Just curious
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

  6. #51
    must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sunny surrey
    Bike
    a few pretties
    honestly ssblade , pass me your crack pipe , seems its pretty potent stuff
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

    wmrc #9

  7. #52
    Fookin Prawn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    that wasn't my point at all, but there is a difference in perpetuating his image vs just shutting up about it. you say he's an attention whore, well you're his biggest pimp. my point was more along the lines of "people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks". how was that impound of yours anyways? i feel you're an extreme danger to the public for riding at 40 over the limit and will make sure to drag your name through the mud, even when no one asks. see what i mean? it's ok for you to get an impound but how dare he speed more than you.




    again going after character. big fucking deal. there are far worse assholes on the road than this guy, just the fact that he's still around says something about him knowing how to ride given his chosen speeds.




    the beauty about canada is that any business venture, small or large, will allow you to become self employed. don't you run an it firm? wouldn't that already count? if not, could you not just come up with a small consulting biz and write off as much as you can? this isn't SA, learn to adapt like everyone else. or don't, i really don't care if you pay shit tons in tax or not, just don't think you're above anyone for paying it cuz like i said, i know people with 7 figure incomes that pay less than you.
    Actually it wasn't okay that they impounded my bike .

    And yes I already know what I'm doing, but instead of talking about the rate of tax I pay at least I pay it, and as such I'm a contributor to the economy. Anyone who had a job or is self employed does. Point is people like Randy don't contribute anything but they think it's a big joke when they spend 2 months in the hospital without having to spend a dime being there.

    As I said, Randy brought this on himself, it's not like he was trying to hide the fact. He's proud of his shenanigans. Just because he can operate a motorcycle that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it, this is a forum.

    When Britney Spears showed everyone her poontang in public and everyone talked about it, do you think she was surprised? I know Randy better than her because I've met him...people are going to talk about what's in the news, I'm not sure why this is a big surprise.

  8. #53
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    .
    Bike
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by gxr jo View Post
    honestly ssblade , pass me your crack pipe , seems its pretty potent stuff

    it'll cost you 200k. seriously though, what's your issue? i'll just wait til some other idiot from this site gets an impound and go all heroic and high and mighty like frosty here is doing to that guy. i think it's fucking lame to keep harping and whining about some asshole that speeds. if you guys wish to keep talking about him, well, you're just playing into his game.

  9. #54
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    .
    Bike
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    Actually it wasn't okay that they impounded my bike .

    And yes I already know what I'm doing, but instead of talking about the rate of tax I pay at least I pay it, and as such I'm a contributor to the economy. Anyone who had a job or is self employed does. Point is people like Randy don't contribute anything but they think it's a big joke when they spend 2 months in the hospital without having to spend a dime being there.

    As I said, Randy brought this on himself, it's not like he was trying to hide the fact. He's proud of his shenanigans. Just because he can operate a motorcycle that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it, this is a forum.

    When Britney Spears showed everyone her poontang in public and everyone talked about it, do you think she was surprised? I know Randy better than her because I've met him...people are going to talk about what's in the news, I'm not sure why this is a big surprise.

    most shady people i know pay more tax than high earners. it may not be income tax but there's still tax on consumption. you think these guys don't pay tax on their homes, boats, cars, trucks, bikes, etc....? they probably pay more in tax on those items than what you got skimmed off your t4.

  10. #55
    Fookin Prawn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    most shady people i know pay more tax than high earners. it may not be income tax but there's still tax on consumption. you think these guys don't pay tax on their homes, boats, cars, trucks, bikes, etc....? they probably pay more in tax on those items than what you got skimmed off your t4.
    This is true. But they are still shady .

  11. #56
    Fookin Prawn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    it'll cost you 200k. seriously though, what's your issue? i'll just wait til some other idiot from this site gets an impound and go all heroic and high and mighty like frosty here is doing to that guy. i think it's fucking lame to keep harping and whining about some asshole that speeds. if you guys wish to keep talking about him, well, you're just playing into his game.
    Ahem I already got roasted publicly on BCSB for getting impounded.

  12. #57
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    .
    Bike
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    This is true. But they are still shady .

    so what? you'd be amazed at the level of business savvy involved in making ill gotten gains. the corporate world could probably learn a thing or 2 from the underworld.

  13. #58
    Fookin Prawn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    so what? you'd be amazed at the level of business savvy involved in making ill gotten gains. the corporate world could probably learn a thing or 2 from the underworld.
    Celebrities will be in the spotlight whether they're donating to charity or in jail...people are gonna talk, don't be surprised is all I'm saying. I didn't start this thread, and you posted in it before I did so you're not exactly keeping quiet about the matter.

  14. #59
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    .
    Bike
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    Celebrities will be in the spotlight whether they're donating to charity or in jail...people are gonna talk, don't be surprised is all I'm saying. I didn't start this thread, and you posted in it before I did so you're not exactly keeping quiet about the matter.

    whatever, peewee got what he wanted out of this. i'm just simply stating that slagging a guy for speeding on a sportbike site is asinine. we've all sped, maybe not as reckless or in such a shitty spot as him, but don't kid yourself. i also know how out of whack a stock speedo is on a jap sportbike and that, combined with a simple sprocket change, can really make or break your youtube status. i think deep down i'm just trying to prevent my good friend frosty from gossiping too much about some drug dealing thug on the interwebz. the guy may one day read this shit and come looking for him, stranger things have happened.
    Last edited by ssblade; 05-24-2013 at 06:36 PM.

  15. #60
    Fookin Prawn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I think what I'm trying to get at is Randy is welcome to go about his business, but we were all affected at the time because the news painted the picture that he was a member of Island Riders. I was an admin of the site at the time, and we certainly didn't want him to be publicly associated with our group.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •