Randy Scott back in the news. - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Scott back in the news.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    I think what I'm trying to get at is Randy is welcome to go about his business, but we were all affected at the time because the news painted the picture that he was a member of Island Riders. I was an admin of the site at the time, and we certainly didn't want him to be publicly associated with our group.

well when you say it like that, i can totally agree with you.

Bike
    98GL
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    I think what I'm trying to get at is Randy is welcome to go about his business, but we were all affected at the time because the news painted the picture that he was a member of Island Riders. I was an admin of the site at the time, and we certainly didn't want him to be publicly associated with our group.

I agree with Frosty on this one. Randys stupid, careless and dangerous choices reflected badly on IR members and riders in general. He is a crash looking for a place to happen....or should I say a 2nd crash looking for a location. He brought down undeserved heat and endangered other road users. Hit a lane changing car ahead of you, going 200kmh faster than they are and you kill them and yourselves. If you knew the full story here nobody would support him in any way. If you think you are so great a rider that you are capable of safely riding at that speed, then take it to the track and prove it. He can afford to do it if he wanted.

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    But then, he'd be up against real competition and really fast riders, and I'd bet his ego couldn't handle that.
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by K-rod View Post
    But then, he'd be up against real competition and really fast riders, and I'd bet his ego couldn't handle that.
    Bingo for K-Rod! That's how those boys roll!
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    Become self employed and/or buy a rental property and get a good accountant. The point isn't to stop paying taxes but a surprising amount of things you pay for now become business expenses as soon as you go from paycheques to business and rental income and expenses.
    I always have a soft spot for the self employed person who sponsors himself at motorcycle racing.

You make it sound so lucrative. Like Joe Schmoe buys a rental condo and somehow turns his weekly grocery shopping and fuel spend into a tax free status.

Now excuse me, I just had my new washer and dryer delivered outside the Katzie Indian Band sign. A picture of it there proves to the store it was delivered to a reserve, which means it's pst/gst exempt. My neighbor will find they don't fit into his laundry room, and sell them to me used for $1. Why? Because he's a rich guy.
    Oh, and the $1200 I gave him, that was a private loan that requires interest only payments of $1 a year.

Ba da bingo.

Bike
    98GL
    So.....you loaning Mike Duffy any money??????

Bike
    2006 Honda 919 - Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    most shady people i know pay more tax than high earners. it may not be income tax but there's still tax on consumption. you think these guys don't pay tax on their homes, boats, cars, trucks, bikes, etc....? they probably pay more in tax on those items than what you got skimmed off your t4.
    This is probably the most ridiculous justification I've ever heard.
    "Aw fuck what the hell have I done!!!! Fuck me that's going to be hell hard to keep on top of wtf is going on!!!"

Bike
    CBR600RR
    most shady people i know pay more tax than high earners. it may not be income tax but there's still tax on consumption. you think these guys don't pay tax on their homes, boats, cars, trucks, bikes, etc....? they probably pay more in tax on those items than what you got skimmed off your t4.
    I'm not sure what kind of "shady" you are talking about... but in my opinion, folks who cultivate and distribute illicit narcotics take far more from the system than they ever contribute by consumption tax.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinned View Post
    This is probably the most ridiculous justification I've ever heard.
    it's not a justification.

Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    I'm not sure what kind of "shady" you are talking about... but in my opinion, folks who cultivate and distribute illicit narcotics take far more from the system than they ever contribute by consumption tax.
    we don't "cultivate" narcotics here. and i still beg to differ. you think it's all gravy and money trees in the underworld? think of the offshoot legit business's actually supplying what we cultivate. i wonder how much tax is paid from a multi billion dollar business in this province alone.

Bike
    T4 - GSXR750 #23
    Sorry haven't read this abortion of a thread.. So... Are you a drug dealer then? LOL

it's not a justification.

we don't "cultivate" narcotics here. and i still beg to differ. you think it's all gravy and money trees in the underworld? think of the offshoot legit business's actually supplying what we cultivate. i wonder how much tax is paid from a multi billion dollar business in this province alone.
    WMRRA Novice - #807
    Sponsored by:
    thesignpad
    Savage Cycles
    KFG Racing

From N00bie to Wannabe Array FASTn50's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 VFR 800A (Red!) 2006 CFR 450X (Red!) 2012 Ninja 250R (Red!) 2012 BMW F800GS (Blue/White)
    Apparently they're overtaxed and don't get no respect!
    All my Mistresses have two round, sticky black feet and are Made in Japan or Germany!
    If I die on Phillip Island, so what! I'm already in Heaven! WOOHOOO!!!

for the crumpet I suppose Array
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    I always have a soft spot for the self employed person who sponsors himself at motorcycle racing.
    You cannot sponsor your own team if you are the rider (or you can't write it off, anyway), and as yet I have been unable to find another self employed person to sponsor who can then sponsor me.

My racing expenses are income.

Thank god for Ted Sweet at EMS motorcycles in South Vancouver who pays 105% of my racing expenses, helps me with my groceries at home, will babysit on occasion, and gives me hugs when needed. There isn't a nicer motorcycle philanthropist under the sun.

Bike
    Honda
    25 previous convictions under the MVA.

Dresses like a gangbanger.

Unlicensed rider.

Hides from cops when a warrant is issued for him.

What's a person to think of this muppet? I know my mind is made up.

Not someone I would want living next to me. But thanks to Surreys high density housing plans and carriage homes, I do! Yay.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by KillahK View Post
    Sorry haven't read this abortion of a thread.. So... Are you a drug dealer then? LOL

nope, i work hard for mine. i do however know more than my fair share of them, mostly through being in the motorcycle biz for over a decade. hell, without them, a few shops wouldn't even exist.

must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    a few pretties
    legitimate business's pay tax on the goods they buy and the profit they make , illegitimate business's pay some tax on some goods they buy, and no tax on profit
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9