Randy Scott back in the news.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 126

Thread: Randy Scott back in the news.

  1. #1
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    *
    Bike
    *

    Randy Scott back in the news.

    Just watching the news, our now infamous R1 299 video guy Randy Scott, just paid ICBC $13000 to get his licence back.

    They never confirmed he got it either.

    Soon to be back on the roads after all that's happend? Waddaya think of that?


    You think ICBC still gives two shits about safety or more about profits?

  2. #2
    Registered User Array bandito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Langley
    Bike
    CBR600RR
    Sounds like they should do an investigation as to where the cash came from.

  3. #3
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    .
    Bike
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Sounds like they should do an investigation as to where the cash came from.

    since when is 13k a large amount of cash? 1998?

  4. #4
    Got Hammer? Array gixxstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Princeton
    Bike
    The Mighty One
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    You think ICBC still gives two shits about safety or more about profits?
    I'm pretty sure it's up to the Superintendant of Motor Vehicles. $13,000 sounds punitive to me.

  5. #5
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    .
    Bike
    .
    and to peewee, what do you think? should he be crucified for doing something that maybe a few on this sportbike site have done? the only difference is he got caught and obviously doesn't know about times and places or cameras. he didn't hit anyone, kill anyone, all he was doing was speeding. we get pissed off at these 40 over laws and bitch and whine but when some guy gets caught speeding he's now satan? i'm sure his character will be brought up, which again, has nothing to do with his offense. anyone know what he ended up getting for his 299 ride? 13k seems steep to me.

  6. #6
    Registered User Array Sinned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surrey, B.C.
    Bike
    2006 Honda 919 - Hornet
    299kmh is not simply exceeding the speed limit.

    This person is a fool, first for doing it and then providing the evidence against himself.

    Clearly has no common sense and shows poor judgement in many aspects of his life.

    No amount of money should get that license back.

    Oddly, I feel getting anything out of such a character is a plus. I would have suspected that to him having or not having a license would make a difference.
    "Aw fuck what the hell have I done!!!! Fuck me that's going to be hell hard to keep on top of wtf is going on!!!"

  7. #7
    must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sunny surrey
    Bike
    a few pretties
    [QUOTE=ssblade;1750264 all he was doing was speeding.

    he wasn't JUST speeding , he was riding in an incredibly reckless manner that put himself and others at risk of serious injury or death

    13k seems steep to me.

    [/QUOTE]


    seems about right for that level of asshatery
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

    wmrc #9

  8. #8
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    *
    Bike
    *
    I was more pissed off with all the heat he brought down on sport bike riders in gerneral.

    Anyone with a blue bike was being harrassed, I recall one guy being pulled off his bike, simply went for fuel at the Chevron. Some citizen though he was gonna be on the news playing the hero.
    Our buddy Scott was selling his blue 06 R1 on usedvictoria and came home to 3-400 hate emails in his inbox, clueless to what just happened (untill he saw the news).
    I don't know where he got the money, nor is it my business, how many hong kong kids on this site alone have bucket loads of money as well to buy exotic cars and pay off fines that mean nothing? None of my business.

    This isn't a first or second offence for this guy either SSB, it's almost his 30th offence. He'll be back out soon enough on another bike, maybe a littler smarter this time and keep it to himself, but I doubt it.

  9. #9
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    .
    Bike
    .
    i get the heat part, we're an endangered species as it is. it's also no fun on the rock where there seems to be way more cops than over here per capita. fair enough, the guy gets your goat, usually those types take care of themselves sooner or later.

  10. #10
    Bad Motherfucker Array thebronze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    On Yer Wife/GF/Mom
    Bike
    Rocky Mountain, 1986 Livingroom (Aspencade)
    $13.000 is alot of scratch for Me.... deffo not walking around $$
    Anything You Can Do...... I Can Do Drunker
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dying...... And dying to Me don't sound like all that much fun"

  11. #11
    Fookin Prawn Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    and to peewee, what do you think? should he be crucified for doing something that maybe a few on this sportbike site have done? the only difference is he got caught and obviously doesn't know about times and places or cameras. he didn't hit anyone, kill anyone, all he was doing was speeding. we get pissed off at these 40 over laws and bitch and whine but when some guy gets caught speeding he's now satan? i'm sure his character will be brought up, which again, has nothing to do with his offense. anyone know what he ended up getting for his 299 ride? 13k seems steep to me.
    How many other people split lanes at "300", posted it publicly on FB and forums? I think that's slightly different than doing 120 on a highway by yourself.

  12. #12
    Registered User Array Squint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Van
    Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade View Post
    i'm sure his character will be brought up, which again, has nothing to do with his offense.
    I'd say it's a statement of character to commit such an offence in the first place, not to mention the notoriety he seems to have earned.

    It's not really accurate to say "all he was doing was speeding", his riding was reckless and dangerous to himself and others. That goes beyond having a bit of a rip at the right time and place.

  13. #13
    Fastronaut Array Danke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Danger Zone!
    Bike
    RC
    Didn't he wad up a nice bumble bee Yamaha in Kelowna also.

  14. #14
    backslider Array K-rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at a critical lean angle
    Bike
    2006 K1200S
    'money, makes the world go 'round' ... and ... 'money (or the love of it) is the root of all evil'
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

  15. #15
    Registered User Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Retirement bound
    Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    I was more pissed off with all the heat he brought down on sport bike riders in gerneral.

    Anyone with a blue bike was being harrassed, I recall one guy being pulled off his bike, simply went for fuel at the Chevron. Some citizen though he was gonna be on the news playing the hero.
    Our buddy Scott was selling his blue 06 R1 on usedvictoria and came home to 3-400 hate emails in his inbox, clueless to what just happened (untill he saw the news).
    I don't know where he got the money, nor is it my business, how many hong kong kids on this site alone have bucket loads of money as well to buy exotic cars and pay off fines that mean nothing? None of my business.

    This isn't a first or second offence for this guy either SSB, it's almost his 30th offence. He'll be back out soon enough on another bike, maybe a littler smarter this time and keep it to himself, but I doubt it.

    So you have a grudge against this a$$hat because of the stupid things he does that brings down heat on sport bike riders. But what about the dumba$$ stunts that you brag about and advocate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    Don't be a pussy, you see those pigs, crack that Tuono and leave the shitty Crown Vic in the weeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    My only issuse are where do you go once you spot the oinkers? Here I can lose them in seconds, know plenty of people where I can stash my ride to. Not so much in WA,OR and Cali.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    Only thing really good about the bike. It's fast enough to get a nasty ticket and too slow to do anything about it if pursued.
    Running from the police, besides being cowardly, immature and showing the inability to accept consequences of one's own actions; brings down as much heat as Scott's act.

    Maybe you have been joking in the dozens of posts where you advocate it. In that case it's just poor trolling.
    Last edited by Sikorsky; 05-24-2013 at 04:36 AM.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •