BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

More impounds.

15K views 84 replies 44 participants last post by  03terminator 
#1 ·
Speeding motorcycles seized along Sea to Sky highway

Vancouver, BC, Canada / (CKNW AM) AM980
CKNW News Staff
August 23, 2013 03:35 pm

Six motorcycles have been taken off the road for speeding along the Sea to Sky Highway.

The lead motorcycle was doing 162 kilometres an hour in an 80 zone, so police pulled them all over.

This happened around nine last night on Highway 99 near Porteau Cove.

They’ve also been each been fined 483 dollars.

#5 ·
Speeding motorcycles seized along Sea to Sky highway

Vancouver, BC, Canada / (CKNW AM) AM980
CKNW News Staff
August 23, 2013 03:35 pm

Six motorcycles have been taken off the road for speeding along the Sea to Sky Highway.

The lead motorcycle was doing 162 kilometres an hour in an 80 zone, so police pulled them all over.

This happened around nine last night on Highway 99 near Porteau Cove.

They’ve also been each been fined 483 dollars.

this one always gets me, when they catch a line of cars speeding do they get the opportunity to pull them all over at once as well? did they even tag the rest of the group or just assumed they were all speeding together?

#12 ·
Bizzare... out of towners? Not too smart. But deserve? Justifiable source of revenue? Constitutional? Doing harm to anyone but selves? Has a motorcyclist EVER killed or injured anyone other than self, passenger and/or another motorcyclist on S2S? Ever?

The maximum penalty because some think they're stupid?

Don't some sportbikes do 160+ in second gear and take only a second or two to get there from highway speed?

So, support the Impound, in this case?

#15 ·
crime of the fucking century!
we can all sleep soundly now. The roads are safe, guys.

(For now...)

#20 ·
Not really defending or condoning this most recent impound on STS, or the actions of the 6 riders heading south last night. But this little number [ http://www.news1130.com/2013/08/23/speeding-bikers-hit-with-fines-lose-motorcycles-for-week/ ] emphasizes the sensationalism the police are resorting to these days, and, the way in which local media eats this stuff up like fine chocolate to a sweet tooth. The practice of riding close together is the main reason I choose to ride separate from the 'pack' if riding with friends. The fact that police motorcycles almost always ride in this close formation, and of course the inept pirates that putter about, the comment above by Corporal Robert MacDonald is most laughable and screams of pulling every millimeter of media coverage out of this incident.

Quite laughable, and very predictable.

#26 ·
Wow! two meters apart?
I think someone should take that cop to a road race track and let him sit in a couple of the corners while a race is going on!
Two meters is more than safe when you have experienced riders, not that I would ride on the street that close with someone I don't know.
Just saying that their perception and compared to the who done it, might be out of line.

#32 ·
We already do....it's called BCSB. Whatever you get caught doing, it's not your fault, everybody else was doing it so it had to be OK, the laws of physics or the land are stupid and should not apply...or the pigs are just out to get you anyway. :devillook

#38 ·
So wuddya say, Bison ... some person is going 155 kph in the middle of nowhere for a brief spell on the Coq. (posted limit is 110) in a very capable car, no driveways, animals, people or cattle anywhere near by, and gets caught, pulled over and impounded ...

Is it a fair and justified action to take? Does this make sense to you? Is that law a reasonable statute?

I'm curious as to your 'take' on the matter ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.