BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Adele’s Retirement

7K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  2cans 
#1 ·
Not sure if this would be the right forum to post this in but feel free to move it. I hope over the years that perhaps some of you think of BCCOM in a different light after many lively discussions :) Not sure of my replacement at this time but I can honestly say that over my tenure I tried to represent motorcyclists and BCCOM members to the best of my abilities which for some was never enough, others too much.

Adele's Retirement

After 24 years of being involved with BCCOM the time has come for me to retire, my last day will be September 30, 2013. I would like to take this time to thank Jim McNeney for believing in me and his legal firm for all of the guidance over the years.

To the membership of BCCOM you have shown me nothing but loyalty and support and I thank each and every one of you, it has filled me with pride and enabled me to do my job with purpose. BCCOM area reps I thank you for the support you have given me.

Thank you to all the shops, dealerships, clubs and manufacturers for all the help over the past 24 years.

Those of you that know me personally are aware that I recently married and will be moving to Mexico in early October to continue on our journey in the next step of our “Bill and Adele’s Excellent Adventure” saga.

Those of you who would like to come out and say “adios” please feel free to attend
Bill and Adele’s Hasta La Vista Party and help us celebrate.

Tug Boat Annie’s Pub at Shelter Island Marina
6911 Graybar Road , Richmond B.C.
Friday September 13th around 7 pm

Tug Boat’s has a good menu, great food and will be bringing in live entertainment for the evening.

Once again thank you all!

Adele Tompkins , executive director
B.C. Coalition of Motorcyclists

See less See more
#4 ·
Dear Adele,

Congratulations on getting married and your upcoming move to Mexico. I wish you all the best for the future.

Regards,

#5 ·
congrats and enjoy the retirement! Your work on the helmet issue a member on these forums had earlier this year prompted me to buy a membership, so for all the grief I occasionally gave you, I did appreciate the hard work and did put my money down in support

enjoy the peace and quiet! :)

#6 ·
Thanks for what you done.

From my small amount of time with the motorcycling community, I see that some of us may have differing views than that of BCCOM, but I want to say that I'm certain the organization has benefited us is a lot more ways that a lot of us realize. Thank you.

#12 ·
Congratulations!, may you enjoy happiness and prosperity.
I have always respected your dedication. Although it seemed we seldom agreed on much, you were always working hard for your cause(s) & brought intelligent discourse and facts to most discussions.

good luck!

#14 ·
Adele I had pm'd you to say I'd come by tonight to thank you for your work in person but we've got a pet at the vet right now. My apologies and congrats again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.