Yamaha WR450 - Newbie Supermoto Questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yamaha WR450 - Newbie Supermoto Questions

It was worth the wait Array Teknic's Avatar
    Bike
    None.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-rex View Post
    What's confusing? The drz-e/s, kim 690, husaberg fe450/500, husky te450/511, Honda xr650 .... I could go on here. They're all enduros. Very few street legal SUMOs. Lots of enduros, minus the wr450....
    It's just on my end T-rex... PEBCAK. Appreciate the info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Teknic View Post
    The Aprillia and Husa sound like reliability problems waiting to happen.
    my Husa has been a maintenance nightmare. 11000km and 7 oil changes and one valve check. lol

It was worth the wait Array Teknic's Avatar
    Bike
    None.
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    my Husa has been a maintenance nightmare. 11000km and 7 oil changes and one valve check. lol
    Wow man, thats awesome. From what I read, some people don't think they are reliable machines for everyday driving (to / from work).

Sounds like you would disagree with that. Where did you end up getting your Husa?
    Last edited by Teknic; 10-18-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Teknic View Post
    Wow man, thats awesome. From what I read, some people don't think they are reliable machines for everyday driving (to / from work).

Sounds like you would disagree with that. Where did you end up getting your Husa?
    the reality is that people who voice their opinion, and people who have the info to back it up are generally two completely separate groups.

Mine is from International.

there is the possibility that mine will be going up for sale (love it, just cant afford two bikes). If you're interested, send me a PM (its not DRZ pricing though. lol)

Registered User Array
    Bike
    CBR 600RR
    I went though this in alberta on my yamaha 450. Big hassle and I may or may not have had some horseshoes up my ass

Here's the results

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    My Husaberg FS570 was dead reliable as well.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES
    That's a nice WR! What are the Alberta regs? I had always thought you could get a non-RUM bike plated there, then import it here ... Sounds like it's a huge hassle there, too.

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    Horrible choice of bike to supermoto on the street . Even Yamaha warned dealers about doing anymore them 20 minutes of sustained highway speeds.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sushi ya ha View Post
    1. Can a Yamaha WR450 be made street legal in BC? No but Yes???? You cant take a "R.U.M." bike anymore and get it plated, but you can take make a bike from parts as a "u Built" and go through the inspection process.
    thanks for the clarification, figured as much, you got me thinking after your post on my other thread...

sounds like a total hassle, i'll stick with street-legal model from the factory then, easier resale value that way anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by 5thgear View Post
    Horrible choice of bike to supermoto on the street . Even Yamaha warned dealers about doing anymore them 20 minutes of sustained highway speeds.
    yeah i kinda wondered about that, seen a few pics online but little actual info on what its like in the real world...
    Last edited by bacchus40; 01-29-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    yz250f
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    officially the value of the 'original' components needs to be less than 50% of the value of the bike.

So if you took a WR frame and suspension, motor from another bike, then put sumo wheels and brakes on it, you'd be in the ballpark (it would also need all the required safety components). Although I dont know how it works with RUV vehicles, since it's illegal to remove the vin, but that vin cant be licensed.
    Does anyone want to trade engines, get inspected and then switch back motors? haha I would totally do that!