BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

The NEW 2014 Suzuki GSXR 600!

10K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  silverD 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Any #gixxernation fans out there?

Apparently the new 2014 Suzuki GSXR 600 was released last week, and it looks sexy!

Looks like Suzuki partnered up with Yoshimura, because it comes with a stock Yoshi exhaust!

What are you thoughts?

Take a look-see:

#7 ·
You know, you can put a paper bag over an ugly face, and if that doesn't work for you?
You can draw a cuter face on that paper bag to your hearts content, but the fact of the matter is, there is still an ugly face under that bag!

Same bike, with some upgrades that were needed anyhow.
I like the K6 and K7 for looks and for not having all the crap that came with the bikes there after.
When it comes to 600's I like Honda.

#12 ·
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Not even BNG, just a Yosh slip on with a silencer in it, I bet the OEM unit actually sounds nicer than that one.

The past 6-7 years the 600 class has turned from a 2 year development cycle to a 4-6 year cycle with MAYBE a refresher in there to tidy up some shortcomings but for '14 the Zook is still unchanged since '11 I believe.

'06/'07 were damn near identical to the '08-'10 models, then '11 onwards there was basically BPF forks, low-spec Brembo brakes, and minor tweaks but a nice 20lb weight drop - the '14 is the same bike.

#13 ·
didnt they also tweak something in the engine to reduce mechanical power loss? or was that only on 750?

#27 ·
Hey Phil, can we get #hashtag support on the new & improved BCSB? It would bring traffic and bunnies and rainbows and everything, and I could reply to every post with #fuckthat and then easily find everything I dislike by clicking my new, favourite tag, which would bring in even more cute puppies. ktnxbai

#36 ·
Nope, SATO stuff isn't known for their power gains or race proven pedigree, they are more known for their blingy look, quality welds, and high ass fuck price tag.

BEET would be another premium producer but we rarely see them here in North America.

#37 ·
cmon. race pedigree?

all those GP pipes are nothing but stickers from whoever pays the most for the space.

#38 ·
As an example of "race pedigree", if you have time do a little research on Colin Edwards SP2 title winning year (2nd one) in WSBK and look into just how many different configurations they tried, experimented with, and just how much development was done by the manufacturer to optimize output. THAT knowledge trickles directly down onto the production line.

Exhausts are much more than just a series of pipes that expel the crap. Things like different shapes, baffles, outlets, materials, and diameters all effect the power characteristics of the bike which granted to 99% of us means not a lot but for me personally I want to support a product/manufacturer that supports racing and improving the product that we see on the marketplace, not just someone who puts out shiny new farkles that look oh so pretty when parked outside a coffee shop.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.