The decline of BCSB - Page 4
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The decline of BCSB

Captain Charisma Array Office Buelly's Avatar
    Bike
    1125R
    I was reluctant to join up at first, as it does seem like an old boys network around here at times. I know a few other riders that attend the events and read the board but have never bothered to sign up. Perhaps there are many more lurkers that could be encouraged to join up and liven the place up a bit. The recent issues with the forum certainly don't help though. Perhaps giving people the ability to edit their posts would encourage more activity as well. Then there's all that swag that Phillip will be doling out which I'm sure will bring back the masses.
    Responsible for the creation of sections 115,116 and 117 of the Workers Compensation Act.

Registered User Array 105mmgunner's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 GSXR - Still love her!!
    I have watched this site for a couple of years. Pretty much stopped posting but still enjoyed going through some threads. There seems to be a few people on here that do not contribute much more than insults and anger. Funny at first it got tiresome after awhile.

I still use it for rides though I keep me rides to small groups. I enjoy the route threads and will come back for that when the weather gets better.

There are a few semi grownups around that still own actual sportbikes, they may not join in the large group rides is all. The highlight for me of last season was riding down to Laguna in July. Fantastic trip.

See some of you at the show then in a few short months out on the road.

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    It's pretty simple. Many of the prolific posters that stirred up the crowd have been booted. Too many easily offended nancy boys pressured the mods into being way more heavy handed.

Not long ago we had some peeps threatening each other with one's RCMP cousins friend and the other's lawyer wife or something. You can't buy that kind of hilarity.

And apparently Sikorsky is a police. Or not. I have no idea. But we aren't supposed to talk about it.

And other buddy killed a deer with his panigirlie. On a bloody group ride. With pics! He should get lifetime immunity from prosecution.
    The inmates were doing a better job at making the prison a place to have fun than were the wardens. Nobody could care now. This place was entertaining because of a few people like me. Now it's just a bunch of dorks standing around going "hey, where did all the cool people go"?

It may be a great forum again.. but the sportbikes are not relevant. There is not much in the way of new blood or cannon fodder. Who cares... it is what people put into it. The lack of material on here hurts me... because as many of you know, so many people told me that the site sucked and one of the main reasons they even logged in to come here was to see what I had to say. They came for everything BUT sportbikes.
    BCSB Crash Reconstruction Team Member

Bike
    2009 ZX6R---2008 KLX 450 SM---2005 SV650
    Sport biking is on the decline.

As for BCSB, for me it jumped the shark when they started handing out month long bans. I get not everyone loves the bullshit. But a lot of the best guys off the board are the dicks on it. And they are certainly contributors.

Daesin
    FF
    MadeMan
    Me
    Bandito
    Peewee.

We basically got told to fuck off or change.

I try my best to add content, but the drama and the fights seems to drive traffic. Everyone hates it, but I don't see anyone heading for the exit when it happens.

Bike
    2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post

As for BCSB, for me it jumped the shark when they started handing out month long bans. I get not everyone loves the bullshit. But a lot of the best guys off the board are the dicks on it. And they are certainly contributors.

Daesin
    FF
    MadeMan
    Me
    Bandito
    Peewee.

I try my best to add content, but the drama and the fights seems to drive traffic. Everyone hates it, but I don't see anyone heading for the exit when it happens.
    I'll agree to a point. And that is one of the problems.
    Funny at first, but then some people get full of themselves, and take it to the point where there is no point. Fucking boring, just like the drivel they so try to liven up.
    People do head to the exit, that's the problem.
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)

[B]https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPag...FD&Member=2483

countdown to next crash.. Array Islesfan91's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 ninja 650

Daesin
    FF
    MadeMan
    Me
    Bandito
    Peewee.

this is why when I come to read the site I read some of the crap and then think, is it really something to get pissy over? I've found everyone I've met off this site so far has been good people. I can remember last year (I think it was last year) where one of the guys I know had a problem with his bike, posted up and had people willing to come to him right away and help. That's community right there.

if someone's going to beak off a bit here and there, does it really hurt anything? Very few people on here are immune to shitty days but in person it's a blast. Maybe too heavily moderated, maybe some overreacted too much to text on a page.

Overall, I still visit the site often and enjoy most of what's posted. There's a lot of good people here, I ask a question and get a shitload of info (some not welcome, but funny) pretty fucking quickly, that's impressive.

This time of year sucks.
    First bike:2011 Ninja 650r orange/black - crashed June 19/2012
    Second bike: 2012 Ninja 650 black - not yet crashed

Bike
    RC
    There are way too many members (and not enough ex-members) who are pros at dishing shit but have little girl tantrums when they get called on it either by a mod or the other members.

Boo hoo, keep leaving please. I don't care how nice you are in person. If I wanted to see you in person I wouldn't be on here.

Work out your problems for your shitty life somewhere else. This place doesn't exist to make you feel like a big man.

There is only one person who's stopped posting on here that I miss. That would be Tee Tee.

Otherwise anyone else who's stomped out with hurt feelings is a net gain.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    I was going to write something but I couldn't care less.
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie

Bike
    2005 Warrior 1700, 2009 Aprilia Mana 850
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuff View Post
    That line could become my new tag line
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuff View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Islesfan91 View Post

what was the topic again?

Bike
    04 SV650
    Quote Originally Posted by Office Buelly View Post
    Then there's all that swag that Phillip will be doling out which I'm sure will bring back the masses.
    You clearly know something I dont.... I am still waiting for my beard with bcsb advertizing on it for the next pub night. Philip is behind on other sites with swag, so it will be long while before we see anything, if at all

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post

Nothing lasts forever, maybe something needs to be changed, stirred up, in a substantial way??
    i'd have to say i've noticed it every dead season for a couple years now actually... yeah things used to slow down in winter but not like
    it has been... to be honest, i dont see anything of real interest on here lately... op is right in that sense at least... i'm surprised there were actually 9 new posts

cant says that new ownership is the difference either though... just par for course on bcsb...

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    If I wanted to see you in person I wouldn't be on here.

Work out your problems for your shitty life somewhere else. This place doesn't exist to make you feel like a big man.
    baaahahhaha... yup, a whole lot of butt-hurt going around the last 3-4 years... enough binging already...
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    There are way too many members (and not enough ex-members) who are pros at dishing shit but have little girl tantrums when they get called on it either by a mod or the other members.

Boo hoo, keep leaving please. I don't care how nice you are in person. If I wanted to see you in person I wouldn't be on here.

There is only one person who's stopped posting on here that I miss. That would be Tee Tee.

Otherwise anyone else who's stomped out with hurt feelings is a net gain.
    Yup, most of this is pretty much it. Of the people listed above, who supposedly were great
    contributors, only 1 of 6 is currently not welcome here, and was given every opportunity to
    stay.

Banning is the last resort, and only speaking for myself, I will often fight for keeping people
    away from the banhammer, as I see the value in stirring the shit.....to a degree.

But, knowing this, thinking this, or not believing any of it does absolutely nothing to solve
    the problem, it's simply an opinion. So, if anyone has any constructive ideas on how to fix
    rather than state the obvious, myself included, that's where the value will be in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r

Daesin
    FF
    MadeMan
    Me
    Bandito
    Peewee.

please dont drag me into this.

Most of shitshows i added to were due to someone *ahem* being a giant cry baby hipocrite.

"Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    2009 ZX6R---2008 KLX 450 SM---2005 SV650
    Yeah, I am not saying everyone on here is perfect. But in terms of builds and ride reports, there are far better places to get that content. I enjoy the banter, the arguments. I like the local aspect., and have enjoyed the help, and friendships I have gained from BCSB.

Bike
    ZX14
    I enjoy the banter, the arguments. I like the local aspect., and have enjoyed the help, and friendships I have gained from BCSB.
    Many of us agree wholeheartedly, it's what makes this place unique, attracted many in the first place and keeps many coming back.

It's January, and while it's been super duper dead here as of late, I will remain optimistic, and let Milli and Vanilli, true artists, sum it up in song.

Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **