BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Greg Moore Raceway

9K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  Shawn Watson 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Can Supermoto's ride on the Greg Moore Raceway? If so, what are the requirements? Are track days available? I've seen it mentioned here a couple times but can't really find any information on it other then 250's.

Cheers,

#2 ·
yes, they can. Requirements are no louder than 82db (yes it CAN be done, and we have a Husaberg 570 that meets that), and no metal can touch the track ever. So that means sliders everywhere. Peg sliders, axle sliders, pipe sliders, handguard sliders, etc.

No ethylene glycol as well. Water wetter or equivalent.

#4 ·
The berg passes with stock silencers, nothing more. If you have an iPhone, download the sound test app. It's pretty accurate. You want to measure while on the gas, under load from about 35' away.

#5 ·
Oh, and if your stock ones will not pass, you can find dbdawgs for them or rig something up.

#7 ·
any day that is not reserved for Kart racing is a day that any bike can get on track. $80/day 9am until dusk.

#8 ·
You can go there pretty much anytime there isn't an event. Like this coming... Sunday. If the weather turns out nice, my brother and I will be going :) .

PS: If you want to go during weekday, you should contact the track manager to make sure the gate is open just in case no one is at the track.

#17 ·
You must've had a blast!
I'm still trying to get sliders for everything. What are you using for handlebar sliders? And front axle sliders?
Good times. For axle sliders I'm running SME (now defunct) sliders (delrin blocks with threaded rods basically). For handlebar sliders I run Cycra sliders bolted to Zeta handguard, same bend.

You could buy a block of nylon, UHMW, or delrin and take a hole saw to it to make all the sliders you need.

What kinda speeds do you hit on a Sumo? 1st - 3rd gear track? Or do you get into 4th?
I guess it depends on the gearing. On the DRZ I'm using 2-4. On your bike you probably hit 120+ km/h on the front straight :)

#22 · (Edited)
This is what I use on my WRX and it works very well.

What do you guys do for exhaust protection? I've heard of people using hose clamps and rubber hoses? Is this acceptable?
Many of the Ninja 250 guys use hose clamps and rubber hoses, so yes this is 100% acceptable.

Is your pipe not under the side plate (number plate) cover? None of the bikes except the 250's and CBR 125's have sliders in the exhaust. None of the mini motard guys have sliders on the exhaust. If your pipe is under that cover, which I believe it is, this is not necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.