The BCSB asshole effect - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 93

Thread: The BCSB asshole effect

  1. #76
    Registered User Array cvrle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    04 SV650
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    yeah good point, i like to do that too.

    i still think you're a knob though.
    haha fair enough. Think whatever you want sweetheart

  2. #77
    :D Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Bike
    Something
    Quote Originally Posted by malamikigo View Post
    Squid free? There's plenty of squidage on the gelato ride, as evidenced by mr and mrs hoodie and toms.

    You are an idiot. Firstly, for assuming they were on the ride, which they weren't, they just happened to be on the road at the same time as the group coming back..

    Secondly, for expressing an opinion on something you know nothing about.

    I'm going to break this next one down, because you're speaking out of your ass and mouth at the same time;

    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving View Post
    I feel like there needs to be a redefining of the term "asshole."

    But in all seriousness. An asshole is someone that belittles others needlessly and without any reason other than to inflate their own ego or have a moment's entertainment. An asshole is distinctly not someone that is objectively subjected to someone's activities and attitudes, uses that information to reach a conclusion, and states that conclusion publicly. That's just being a normal person given even an modicum of backbone.
    In this instance, someone who was not on the ride, therefore not subjected to another person's activities and attitudes, posted a picture to belittle someone else (whom they've never even met), so I guess I nailed that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving View Post
    People aren't obliged to be kind any more than people automatically deserving of respect because they happen to own a motorcycle or share in hobbies. In this regard, I don't think BCSB is particularly cold or cruel to anyone that understands this very, very fucking basic principle. Don't crash a shitload of times and think it's ok (motorcycles shouldn't be considered seasonal consumables), don't pass yourself off as some sort of expert by passing off shitty advice (such as that the solution to grabbing too much front brake is to only ever slow down with engine braking), and be prepared to acknowledge that there are people around you that you can learn from and it's perfectly welcoming place. That this sites membership is dwindling isn't so much a sign of BCSB changing dramatically; in fact if anything it's softening. What it is, however, is indicative of the next generation of motorcycle riders that think they demand respect, know everything, and think that the only way experienced riders can support them is to treat them like absolutely infantile children with self-confidence issues. The only thing that's worse is experienced riders that have seen the results of excessive ego and overestimated skill first hand should know better, but still seem to think that the only way to help such riders along is to tell them everything's ok.
    I'm pretty much ok with this, it's pretty much a repeat of my original position. I don't agree that it's a "next generation" thing, because I'm sure you were just as much of an asshole on the roads as this generation are, you've just forgotten how badly you behaved when you were younger and cooler, just like me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving View Post
    The reality is, if you're old enough to stick a motorcycle in your crotch then you should be old enough to be treated like a goddamned adult, and adults should both take responsibility for their actions, as well as be held accountable for them by others. And if they're too goddamned stupid to understand that, and would prefer to stand around and sing kumbaya with their collective heads stuck firmly up their asses prior to sticking their new ass/head combo in the sand, then that's their business. I am afraid I have got exactly no time for such irresponsible and ignorant bullshit.
    Again, no real problem with this, I just don't get exatly what you are refering to. You wandered around getting to the point so much, I got lost. Maybe it's my head that's in the sand/up my ass for calling out a bully? Cool post bra.


    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving View Post
    PS: This is the worst thread on BCSB in a long fucking time.
    And yet you took the time to write a dissertation on it. Your real life must just suck balls, I'm sorry.

  3. #78
    Registered Luser Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    White Rock
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrle1 View Post
    I thought discussing these issues was left for off season when most of people are not riding and have more prickly demeanor.

    I just learned to live with it on here, and expect to get some smart ass remarks. If person is a complete tool, then I just let him be, and if I am bored at work i will reply by posting random pictures. Yes, sometime I get suckered in, but then I see that I am an idiot for letting an idiot get me into interwebs war, so I just fuck off and let him be.

    More often then not, that same person will post something useful after our headbutting and as far as I am concerned it's all water under the bridge and everything is hunky dory. And if person keeps trying to be a tool, ignore it is.

    Holy sweet tea and fuckin crackers. Someone who has actually used the internet before.

  4. #79
    100% Asshole Array SpookyjacK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nowhere
    Bike
    N/A
    Slingshot you need to read some of your own shit your slinging bra...

  5. #80
    :D Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Bike
    Something
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyjacK View Post
    Slingshot you need to read some of your own shit your slinging bra...
    I have and I do. What's your point? I don't have a magic ring that decodes idiot. A little help?

  6. #81
    Registered Luser Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    White Rock
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    I have and I do. What's your point? I don't have a magic ring that decodes idiot. A little help?
    Why ya gotta be so mean?


    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro. Sucks that we lose a few to ongoing pussification.
    Two 'asshole' candidates that will be missed:
    Frosty fruit was maladjusted as hell but pretty witty and knowledgeable at times. However he was easily trolled by really dumb shit which, although amusing, was his downfall in the end. How did we let that guy go?
    Peewee was by and large useless, but totally irreverent and bitter which was kinda nice. I assume his autoejection was the result of bans and or warnings?
    And yet bandildo, possibly the biggest asshole on here, gets resurrected by popular (me included) demand.

    You guys think the recycled rehashed crap on here is tired now, just wait until you lose a few more of the 20-30 folks who regularly post up.
    Bcsb has an asshole addiction, and I for one don't give a fuck.

  7. #82
    100% Asshole Array SpookyjacK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nowhere
    Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    I have and I do. What's your point? I don't have a magic ring that decodes idiot. A little help?

    Listen up buddy and I'm using that term loosely as I don't know you nor do I give a rat's turd about you I didn't throw one insult at you, I made a statement on your thread that has back fired on you. But you clank around here with your high heels and feather boa claiming to be doing the "community" a service. What I see is an arrogant ass crack who needs to pat himself on the back about organizing an "event" that most real riders avoid like the plague.

    You somehow feel the need to take as many new riders under your wing and play mother hen. Well missy sorry I don't buy it my guess is you're scamming on some poon and prancing around with a name tag that says "cool guy"...so take your I'm better than most attitude and cram it in your vagina.

    I won't be trolled by you as this is about all I have to say to you in this thread but as I do know where you are every Monday night I may just cruise on by one night and pull your skirt up over your head and show the chicka you're scamming on your cunt.

  8. #83
    Registered User Array FunJimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    Triumph Tiger
    After a couple (admittedly sporadic) years as a BCSB member I find it's time to move on.
    I love motorcycling but find this group to be caustic and I don't like the prevalent culture depicted here. Unfortunately my limited IT technical skills makes it difficult to find the "delete profile" button. Could someone guide me in the effort to delete my profile?
    If not, is there an admin that has the ability to kill my profile?

    Thanks
    FJ

  9. #84
    Registered User Array Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Aldergrove
    Bike
    CBR600F4
    Quote Originally Posted by FunJimmy View Post
    After a couple (admittedly sporadic) years as a BCSB member I find it's time to move on.
    I love motorcycling but find this group to be caustic and I don't like the prevalent culture depicted here. Unfortunately my limited IT technical skills makes it difficult to find the "delete profile" button. Could someone guide me in the effort to delete my profile?
    If not, is there an admin that has the ability to kill my profile?

    Thanks
    FJ
    Don't leave.

  10. #85
    Registered User Array Cuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chilliwack
    Bike
    2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    Quote Originally Posted by FunJimmy View Post
    After a couple (admittedly sporadic) years as a BCSB member I find it's time to move on.
    I love motorcycling but find this group to be caustic and I don't like the prevalent culture depicted here. Unfortunately my limited IT technical skills makes it difficult to find the "delete profile" button. Could someone guide me in the effort to delete my profile?
    If not, is there an admin that has the ability to kill my profile?

    Thanks
    FJ
    You lack the self control to just not log on?
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie

  11. #86
    Registered User Array Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Aldergrove
    Bike
    CBR600F4
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    I have and I do. What's your point? I don't have a magic ring that decodes idiot. A little help?
    Is this needed?

  12. #87
    Registered Luser Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    White Rock
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw

    Wink

    Aww that's neither fun nor jimmy. At least make a retirement thread.

  13. #88
    :D Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Bike
    Something
    Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Why ya gotta be so mean?


    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro. Sucks that we lose a few to ongoing pussification.
    Two 'asshole' candidates that will be missed:
    Frosty fruit was maladjusted as hell but pretty witty and knowledgeable at times. However he was easily trolled by really dumb shit which, although amusing, was his downfall in the end. How did we let that guy go?
    Peewee was by and large useless, but totally irreverent and bitter which was kinda nice. I assume his autoejection was the result of bans and or warnings?
    And yet bandildo, possibly the biggest asshole on here, gets resurrected by popular (me included) demand.

    You guys think the recycled rehashed crap on here is tired now, just wait until you lose a few more of the 20-30 folks who regularly post up.
    Bcsb has an asshole addiction, and I for one don't give a fuck.
    Yup, and I have no problem with participating in the regular programming here, I've even caused a few pretty fun "events" here myself. What isn't right is when the moderators step up and do something that even you would agree is unnecessary and stinks of bullying. Even in our interwebz persona modes, most of us know how to draw the line. Disgree, call someone out, be funny, irreverent and rude if you want. It's the interwebz. Bully strangers for no reason other than to amuse yourself or try fuck with something that has the interest and support of people on here and you're sure to get honest, direct feedback, which is what I've given. Like it or hate it, it made you think, respond and participate. You don't think it's ok, do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyjacK View Post
    Listen up buddy and I'm using that term loosely as I don't know you nor do I give a rat's turd about you I didn't throw one insult at you, I made a statement on your thread that has back fired on you. But you clank around here with your high heels and feather boa claiming to be doing the "community" a service. What I see is an arrogant ass crack who needs to pat himself on the back about organizing an "event" that most real riders avoid like the plague.

    You somehow feel the need to take as many new riders under your wing and play mother hen. Well missy sorry I don't buy it my guess is you're scamming on some poon and prancing around with a name tag that says "cool guy"...so take your I'm better than most attitude and cram it in your vagina.

    I won't be trolled by you as this is about all I have to say to you in this thread but as I do know where you are every Monday night I may just cruise on by one night and pull your skirt up over your head and show the chicka you're scamming on your cunt.
    Nice. Shoot me a pm before you come out and I'll make sure to bring out the jello pool. What the fuck is wrong with you? On the one hand you're spouting off about "suck it up, it's the interwebz", the next minute you're calling me a girl and threatening to what, beat me up? I don't see how anything has backfired on me. I organise a ride, enjoy doing it, have met a ton of cool people and have a circle of people to ride with. I don't date girls who ride, personal choice because I ride for me. I know a lot of women who ride, happy to have them as friends and it works for everyone, so no, I'm not "scamming on some poon". Guess again. No nametag either.

    Oh, and don't threaten me sweetheart. This is the interwebz, use your words and debate a point. If you call me names, I can deal with it without threatening you. Show up on a Monday night. I'd like to meet you. Be sure and tell me who you are so I can see how a "real rider" rides. Classic, when words fail, resort to threats. Go fuck yourself. Oh, and your response shows that you obviously will, and have, been trolled by me.

  14. #89
    :D Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Bike
    Something
    Or maybe I've just been trolled by you.... Hmmmm

  15. #90
    Registered User Array Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Aldergrove
    Bike
    CBR600F4
    I suck at riding, can I come to the monday night ride? I wear full gear!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •