BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Supermoto track days/races

5K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  davewear 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a basically stock 2014 KTM 350 EXC-f. Just ordered some supermoto wheels for it and was wondering what is up locally for supermoto? I'm only interested in full road courses as I will throw the dirt setup back on for off-road stuff. Does Greg Moore raceway offer supermoto time? Requirements? How about Tsawwassen? Parking lot events going on?Cheers!David

#2 ·
Greg Moore does offer sumo time, you just have to pass sound restrictions. If you have a stock pipe, you should be fine. You need axle, handlebar, peg and exhaust sliders - basically anywhere metal could touch the track.
Racing-wise, check in with the BC Supermoto crew - bcsupermoto.com - They race out at Tradex, and offer practice (aka track) days as well. I'm sure they'll chime in soon.
As for F440 in Tsawassen, it met its demise when developers wanted to put up a mall.
You can also check out Pitt Meadows track days (pittmeadowstrackdays.ca) as lots of sumo guys come out to embarrass the sporties, as well as Mission Raceway (though there aren't any more track days this year). There's also some further afield down south, and Sumas has the occasional sumo track day, but not many.
Welcome to the Sumo fold!

#12 · (Edited)
T-rex's covered most it for hitting up GMR. Sliders, sliders everywhere. Since your EXC is fuel injected, the only other thing you need is a coolant catch can (and run distill water + water wetter).

Sumas is never gonna have supermoto back. F440 is long gone. Victoria is a $100 ferry ride away.

Unfortunately GMR doesn't have any open track time until after the 19th due to a series of karting events and maintenance works in between. Check out their calendar here. It's a nice track. (Come play T-rex!)

But what is supermoto without a bit of dirt, a few jumps, and some corners setup to be backed into! Come to BC Supermoto! Next event is 23, 24th this month. More track time in a day than anywhere else (dirt section can be by passed). And the only requirement is a catch can!

#21 ·
I went to Green Line Hose in Vancouver, they had silicon radiator hoses for cheap, think I paid 12 bucks which was enough for the dual exhaust on my Husky 510. Then went to Canadian Tire and picked up some huge hose clamps, ran the clamp inside the rad tube to hold it in place. Did a track day at GMR once and had no issues with it, no melting etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.