Bike
    1992 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7
    Thank for fun and nice pace ride , I hope do it soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ZX14
    Was a really nice day, great group, quick pace, and the Duff was damn near perfect, best I have seen it.

Nice that you guys made it over on the ferry, was nice to meet you both.

A few pics:

Morning coffee break on Pemberton:

Chill out session at the lake before turning around.......waiting way too long for made Man, wtf?

Obligatory stop to "hit em" both before they rest:

Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    It's a marvel of engineering
    Her display of calisthenics on the way home was fantastic!

thank you
    Catching a Yellow Jacket in your shirt @ 70mph can double your vocabulary

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    Wait up in pemby.
    You expect us to wait for you 45mins?
    You left 10 riders baking in the sun for 20-30mins at Seton Lake while you went down the road for gas and sat and had a leisurely snack and drink in the shade. We sent Peter back to find out WTF was going on.
    Stay home next time.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    I was hydrating (and dehydrating) at the gas stop :-)

Also, nice pass on the 2 rigs... you know who you are who were damn lucky no one came around that corner at speed. Had that benny hill song in my head watching it happen... and not once.

"Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Good company and a great day overall, thanks for organizing, CDG. Hope the island guys enjoyed their first Duffy experience.

Unregistered User Array greenboy's Avatar
    Bike
    Knobbies
    I ride solo 93% of the time now, but had zero regrets about attending yesterday's awesome ride. My thanks go out to:

- CDG for posting up
    - Claudia for the spot-on pace on the Duff (for me anyway)
    - Uncle Nick, Del and 900SS dude (sorry forgot your name) for the ride home.

My new 1/3 litre bike has over 2,300 km on the clock now after less than 2.0 weeks of ownership, woot! I think it's broken in now but that's probably it for my long-ride fix for the rest of this season. Time to return to Thumperville.

Bike
    2008 BMW HP2S, Beta 525RR. 2012 Multi S Touring
    I was hydrating (and dehydrating) at the gas stop :-)

Also, nice pass on the 2 rigs... you know who you are who were damn lucky no one came around that corner at speed. Had that benny hill song in my head watching it happen... and not once.
    You have an endearing way with words. Some people who have more experience than you have found that when passing multiple vehicles you can start when its safe to pass some and not all...lurk in a gap between vehicles...and as sight lines unfold you can safely proceed with more (or in this case, the remaining ones) if the situation allows. Duck into the gap if it doesn't. Of course, your perspective from the rear of the largish pack would be skewed and would not have seen that. But, really, I was down to the gas station and back in under 10 minutes including taking time to give the beta on lunch locale. The large group waited well over 30 minutes just so you could be included in the lunch. That's plain impolite.

I had a great day. It was fun riding with you people. Thank you. I expected Claudia to turn right every time her left hand went up. I forgot about those Senna's and that Italian's talk with their hands. Not sure which way I was to turn when she put up the L signal though. Left?
    Last edited by LCPeter; 08-25-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    "I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different!"
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Loud Pipes save Deer

Bike
    rsv4r
    Sight lines?

Since you brought it up.... you had zero sigh lines when you went around a vehicle in pemberton. If there was anyone coming around that turn, you had no idea. I wasnt sure if you had comms with the group ahead to let you know it was clear...but from the sound of it you didnt.

Also, next time ya wanna talk about someone when they are sitting 5 feet away, come over. I dont bite.

The shitty pass on the return trip, i was right behind the group. Poor shmucks had to come to nearly a full stop and hang out in the oncoming lane until the rigs and other vehicles saw the huge cluster fuck that was and let them in. Pure luck there was no head on crash. There was a number of those passes, i rode the same road and had the same sight lines. Unless people can see through rocks, there were no sighlines on a lot of them. I understand riders with comms might have been letting people behind them know whether it was clear or not....but no way everyone had those/were linked up.

Btw, it was not only myself at the gas station. Way to single me out.

OP said lunch on lillooet.

I was going to leave this, but ya had to pipe up.

"Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    ZX14
    OP said lunch on lillooet.
    In all fairness, you knew we were heading back.....that was the entire point of you going to get gas while we all waited.

Anyways, food for thought for next time.......as a group, we generally are not going to leave people behind, so if joining a
    group to ride, have some respect for those sitting in the sun waiting for you, when you knew very clearly that was the plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    rsv4r
    Yoe. Just my lonely self. There were no other people at the gas station leaving at the same time.

No sir.

There wasnt anyone pulling in while i was having a drink and fueling up either. Nope. Didnt happen.

Just waiting for myself and no one else. Yep.

Bike
    rsv4r
    Yep.
    Was running 10 minutes late, caught up to you in pemberton, after stopping in squamish for a coffee and to see if the broken bike on the flat deck with 10 peoplr sitting around chilling was the group, on the way there, and proceeded to wait for half an hour.

Check the time of the post before flying off the rails next time.

Once again, there was no one but me at the lillooet gas station. Nope.

Next time i will go earlier. That way i dont have to witness shit passes with no regard for the safety of other road users just so some egos can be stroked.

People give shit to gellato ride for being a gong show....

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    Amazing.
    Last edited by TMR; 08-26-2014 at 12:18 AM.