BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Guide to Supermoto Track Days in Lower Mainland / Fraser Valley

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  FOXGURL 
#1 · (Edited)
Inspired by Shawn (from whom I stole most of the pics for this post), I though I'd put together a short guide to supermoto track days in Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley. All inaccuracies are mine, and feel free to suggest corrections.

Numbers in brackets are best scenarios.

Text Black Font Line Number

BCSupermoto (Abbotsford):

More than double the actual on track time makes it a better bang for the bucks than Pitt Meadows regardless of discount. It’s the only one on the list with optional supermoto specific features. Save on membership and insurance if attending more than three. Course laid out on Abbotsford Tradex parking lot with built dirt section. EMS on-site. No sound issue. 2 groups (but usually only 1) means 30+ minutes track time per hour.

Vehicle Motorcycle Stunt performer Motorcycling Motocross

Pitt Meadows (Pitt Meadows, duh):

Offers the least amount of track time, although the lower prices offset it some. Discounted price is available up to a week before event. Course laid out on large asphalt skid pad at Pitt Meadows Airport. Mixed bike type. EMS on-site. Coaching available. 450 MX based supermoto may encounter noise issue. 5 groups means 12 minutes track time per hour.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle racer Motorcycling

Greg Moore Raceway (Chilliwack):

The only permanent track is also the cheapest to run at. However, it’s the one with the most spartan facility and the strictest requirements. Sound is an issue. DRZ400, WR250X/R, KLX250S/SF need stock exhaust to pass here. 450 mx-based supermotos need to use quiet factory off-road equivalent pipe to pass (WR450 with factory spark arrestor/insert, Husqvarna FE with insert, etc.) Track is available for open practice whenever there is no event. Rotate with kart means 30+ minutes track time per hour. You could easily run an 8 hour shift here.

Vehicle Mode of transport Motorcycle Lane Road

Mission: ?

Other places:

Victoria Supermoto operates out of Western Speedway. Runs most Tuesdays April to Sep (setup 4:30, ride 6:30). $30 drop-in or $15 for members. Barrier to entry is mainly ferry cost. Course laid out using the oval and the infield.

Evergreen Speedway at Monroe, WA. Runs at least once a month on Wednesday night. $30 entry fee to ride from 3pm until 9pm anything in the park (MX track, supermoto setup, beginner MX track). Similar setup to Victoria.

See less See more
#2 ·
The Dr. is in! Looks good!
How did you get $155 - day?
I get the $138 = 5 events @ $120 each + $90 annual membership/insurance.
I think next year we should have a fixed cost per day that includes memb/insur.

You forgot the fun per min equation :flashy
Not sure why more supermoto guys dont come out to Tradex.
There were a few riding at Pitt but didnt see any wheelies or sliding-
looked pretty mellow.
I realize some dont want to jump & do the dirt section
but you can bypass both if you want...

I think we will all be putting big mufflers on our bikes soon...:mad

#5 · (Edited)
The Dr. is in! Looks good!
How did you get $155 - day?
I get the $138 = 5 events @ $120 each + $90 annual membership/insurance.
I think next year we should have a fixed cost per day that includes memb/insur.
I'm going off of $15 for day insurance + $20 day membership + $120 = $155. Fun per/min is definitely way high with BC Supermoto (and cheaper $/min than Pitts no matter how you swing it). Plus, no one would yell at you for pulling wheelies.

#3 ·
The chart like this are reasons why I bought a supermoto. I had an awesome time the one time I made it to a raceday at Tradex. Only circumstances conspiring against me (work, blown bikes, ride commitments) are why I haven't made it out again. For local riding, if you want the most bang for your buck racing, get a supermoto. The only other bike that comes close would be a the ninja 250-type class, but you can't jump those or hit the dirt. :spinsmile Plus, sumos crash way better than any other bike out there - no plastics to replace!
I want — I NEED — to come out to tradex more, and actually learn to ride fast.
I'm sure if the Chen bros. start posting up more videos in the general chat area (hint hint), you could start generating a little more buzz ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.