BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Alpinestars Tech-Air Street Airbag System First Look

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  made Man 
#1 ·
#6 ·
That looks really cool, and has a lot of promise. I particularly like the lack of a tether to/sophisticated electronics installation on the bike.
Two major things that I feel it needs, however, are more neck coverage and greater interchangeability with other riding gear. I can see A* wanting to keep the advantage "within their own product line", but if one could adapt that to their race suit, daily riding gear, winter/cold weather/rain gear, etc it would be much easier to swallow the (assumed hefty) price tag. That will come (at least to some degree), I'm sure. But I'd really like them to implement more of a neck collar as well. Even in the test they showed in that video, the dummy sustains a nasty neck injury that may or may not kill, but would be mitigated by a good collar that inhibits motion.

Still, great to see the evolution of safety gear.

#7 ·
The problem i see with using it under jackets not designed for the air bag is jacket not having enough room to inflate without pushing back at the user. Would be shitty if it saves your life only to suffocate you by pushing enough on your chest that you cant get a breath in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.