Advertisements

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    Looks hot even under wraps.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES
    Before I bought my SD, I was actually looking for an SMT or SMR, but couldn't find one.
    I can't wait for this to come out ... could there be a 1290 SMR, too? Decisions, decisions!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    I swear you go out of your way to distract me Jon..........
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    Bike
    K1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    Looks hot even under wraps.
    I agree, that camo looks awesome haha!

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSXR1000, 2012 KTM SMT990, 2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC SE, 2014 BMW HP4 Carbon Competition, 2006 Honda VT1100, 2010 KTM 300 XC-W, 2016 Honda CRF50F, 2015 Honda CRF230F, A320 when on the line...
    Fak I really hope they put this together I love my SMT990 but the thought of another 40 odd HP sounds perfect!
    Mach tuck?!

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSXR1000, 2012 KTM SMT990, 2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC SE, 2014 BMW HP4 Carbon Competition, 2006 Honda VT1100, 2010 KTM 300 XC-W, 2016 Honda CRF50F, 2015 Honda CRF230F, A320 when on the line...

If it looks like this at all I'm buying!
    Mach tuck?!

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    I swear you go out of your way to distract me Jon..........
    Just do it. I had a hoot on the 1290 SD, I can only imagine a couple more inches of travel comfort. One downside is I suspect you'll be burning through a lot of rear tires.

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    This bike may go straight to the top of my wish list.
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    i still want one of those, a friend of mine down under just traded his in..

i'd love to have a touring version thats for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    One downside is I suspect you'll be burning through a lot of rear tires.
    yup!
    Last edited by bacchus40; 11-27-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    I rode a 990SMT 'back when' and loved it, but it had a few flaws (all reported in KTM forums - no mysteries), and the remoteness of the local dealer was off-putting too. so I bought a Honda...

but the big new SMT certainly tickles one's fancy! and not just mine...

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/ktm-1290-smt

and motociclismo (google translated):

Spy Shots: 1290 KTM SMT. Challenge and Multistrada 1000 S XR!

From the technical basis of maxinuda KTM SuperDuke R derives a versatile tourist by many request. The SMT 1290 (let's call it) would stand beside the crossover "sport-tourist" 160 bhp BMW and Ducati, not overlapping the sister globe trotter 1290 Super Adventure

In Cologne and Milan, KTM has ... given gas with the innovations in the field of road enduro: in Germany came the flagship 1290 Super Adventure , at EICMA the "entry level" 1050 Adventure . Last year was the year of the big naked, with that in 1290 SuperDuke R that the Super Adventure gave the engine (and that was one of the protagonists of our comparative maxinaked in Catalunya ). Now it seems that the family "1290" is going to widen further.

GET THE HEIR OF SMT 990

If the Super Adventure is too Juno and SuperDuke R is too aggressive (though in our tests proved to be much more affordable than we expected), it seems that in a 1290 KTM have on site in a more sports-tourism, a road versatile and voted to travel but fun to drive, alone or in pairs. In short, the heir of the SMT 990. Already the version "travel" of SuperDuke R had remembered to many ( look in the gallery a couple of graphic design found on the net and the official photos of the SDR), but now are circulating on web of spy photos that confirm the imminent arrival of a KTM "SMT" but bigger.

DAUGHTER OF BARE SUPER DUKE R ...

The images (that we found online, such as on www.asphaltandrubber.com and www.visordown.com ) clearly show a motorcycle built on the platform of the big naked. Witness certainly the layout of the trellis frame and swingarm monobracccio, but also that of the motor (the exhaust is almost identical). The wheels are both 17, for now equal to those of the naked and fit tires road to 100%.

... BUT DRESSED TRAVEL

What will change? The body - as heavily disguised - is clearly more extensive and protective, also has a front by the evident family feeling but all new, with high windshield and an optical low-sharpened and inserted into a kind of reinterpretation of the concept of a beak. The suspension then seem a little higher (as the handlebars) and clearly is unprecedented across the back with attacks for suitcases integrated in the handles and the media platforms of the passenger. Presumably also the frame is new and reinforced for the most likely use in pairs (note the saddle split) and with luggage. In this regard, the pictures can be seen that the exhaust system is a lot on the right marked by obvious scrape the fold: on the suspension there is still work, or the testers have a lot of fun. Good sign or not? Better comfort and more opportunities to fold?

180 or 160 bhp KTM WANTS JOGGING OR BEAT MULTISTRADA ES 1000 XR?

And the fun should not just fail, because the engine looks like the "milletré" SuperDuke of R, a V2 at 75 ° to 180 hp and 144 Nm of torque (see here the video of the "Beast" at the counter of Motorcycling) . Sure, it might be more appropriate on a bike like this version of "only" 160 hp and 140 Nm mounted on Super Adventure, numbers that would allow the "1290 SMT" to fight on equal terms with the new Ducati Multistrada and with BMW S 1000 XR , because the electronic side "orange" does not miss anything, especially if it were to be implemented on the new bike all the new goodies introduced models presented to the halls, such as the Bosch ABS system that works even when cornering (in KTM call MSC, Motorcycle Stability Control: here our test ).

Changes to the big naked are, ultimately, technically quite limited and authorize to think that it should not move that much time before the debut: we will know more from summer 2015.

the Austrian boys sure know how to play the 'excitement' game!
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    Very nice, very nice.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Please stop............
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    More More!!!!!
    Mach tuck?!

Bike
    CBR600RR
    CDG has had the same bike for what... 4 seasons now? I can see this change coming. The car was last year... and if this is available, I guarantee
    you it will be in his garage.

Mark my words.
    BCSB Crash Reconstruction Team Member