F#$kin clowns who hit and run......#$@$!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: F#$kin clowns who hit and run......#[email protected]$!!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 street triple

F#$kin clowns who hit and run......#[email protected]$!!

Yeah, so some assclown in a big white cube van decided to run over a curb, and back directly into my bike, and then just take off. I was out in the field at the time, and my bike was parked on what had been a safe piece of street at my office. Miraculously no major damage other than the completely totalled kickstand and a couple scuffs on the pegs, and a busted turn signal, and snapped clutch lever. My co-workers were kind enough to prop my bike up so it didnt just lay there on the street. Thought for sure when i they called me that it would be a total write off by the size of the vehicle that hit it. Its just beyond me that someone would just bugger off after ramming into another vehicle in such a public area. Anyway, just venting, should be 4-500$ in bits and bobs to fix, so i guess keep it in perspective....

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by hunkyleepickle View Post
    Yeah, so some assclown in a big white cube van decided to run over a curb, and back directly into my bike, and then just take off. I was out in the field at the time, and my bike was parked on what had been a safe piece of street at my office. Miraculously no major damage other than the completely totalled kickstand and a couple scuffs on the pegs, and a busted turn signal, and snapped clutch lever. My co-workers were kind enough to prop my bike up so it didnt just lay there on the street. Thought for sure when i they called me that it would be a total write off by the size of the vehicle that hit it. Its just beyond me that someone would just bugger off after ramming into another vehicle in such a public area. Anyway, just venting, should be 4-500$ in bits and bobs to fix, so i guess keep it in perspective....

Welcome to modern society.

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by hunkyleepickle View Post
    I'd say keep it in perspective alright. They probably didn't realize they hit it... but at any rate, this is why you have insurance.
    BCSB Crash Reconstruction Team Member

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    According to the bible, the very first public utterance humankind ever made was ... "it wasn't my fault".

On the evolutionist's side of things ... humankind originally slithered out from the warm muck in some temporate clime somewhere ...

So why would you expect any different?
    Last edited by K-rod; 12-05-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

Bike
    BMW
    My co-worker had his hit and run a few weeks back and had to pay the 300 on a $1300 dollar repair and then last week my wifes car gets hit and run in Delta, luckily there were 2 witnesses that got the plate number, prolly a $2500 dent.
    It seems to be more and more common.

Bike
    RC
    You folks should watch more of "Canada's Worst Driver".

Lots of WTF momments about stuff like "there's different laws in parking lots".

No doubt that if they did see the accident they felt justified in fleeing because you should have parked on the sidewalk.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    2001 ZX12R .................... 2005 ST1300A
    he probably did not realize he hit your bike cause he was texting at the time .......
    < spell chequer is totally bustimacated >

must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    a few pretties
    if you can hit and run someone resulting in their death and do no jail time why would any one give a flying fuck about damaging your bike
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Bike
    RC
    Probably deserves a medal for knocking over one of those noisy murdercycles.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Butty View Post
    My co-worker had his hit and run a few weeks back and had to pay the 300 on a $1300 dollar repair and then last week my wifes car gets hit and run in Delta, luckily there were 2 witnesses that got the plate number, prolly a $2500 dent.
    It seems to be more and more common.
    Why, because it happened to you and someone you know all of a sudden?

This isn't new stuff. People hit and run on purpose all the time.. and they also do it unknowingly.

At any rate, if you do it on purpose and are caught... the penalties can be quite severe.
    BCSB Crash Reconstruction Team Member

Registered User Array BugMagnet's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Suzuki DL1000A
    With a 44% increase on your insurance rate on the line, it is no wonder people hit n run given the chance.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '79 kawasaki kh100, '05 gsx-r600
    ^^ that is a very good point

shitty to hear it was knocked over. if you claim a hit and run, do your premiums get effected? thankfully ive never had that happen to me, but i know most instances where icbc doesn't know who to charge, its considered a "one vehicle collision" and even though you only have to pay your deductible, it can effect your premiums for the next period.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by thekaz View Post
    he probably did not realize he hit your bike cause he was texting at the time .......
    finally a logical post...

nobody ever does shit on their car n' has no clue about it... you can always see 'em sink into their seat n' look around... fvcking wankers
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    finally a logical post...

nobody ever does shit on their car n' has no clue about it... you can always see 'em sink into their seat n' look around... fvcking wankers
    Car maybe, but in a truck I'd believe you could knock over a bike and not know it. Lots of noise and movement in a "big cube truck". Hell I've heard of semitrailers pushing a car sideways down the highway for half a kilometre without realizing it.

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    Bike
    bunch "o" bikes
    Dont like anyone who hits something then drives away...This year was stupid! My car got hit 2 times and they drove away...even with a witness ICBC fucked me over saying I had to pay deductible....then in the summer I witnessed a school girl who got run over and killed and the driver drove away...thank fuck they caught him...on news he was lying his face off...first saying he didnt hit her, then said he did hit her and it was her fault for being in a crosswalk...then saying he didnt think she was hurt and saw that everyone was taking care of her..easy fix...death penalty for that shit...
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!