First track day and now I'm interested

Thread: First track day and now I'm interested

Bike
    2007 RXV550. 2014 Beta 498RR Previous rides: 2000 XR650L, 2005 XB12s, 2006 DRZ400SM

First track day and now I'm interested

I did my first track day in Pitt Meadows on Sunday. I rode like a complete squid and now I realize I don't know how to ride my bike the way it should be ridden. What is the best way for me to get a bit of instruction for Supermoto style riding? I don't think I want to get into racing, but just pick up some skills to more fun on track days.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    DRZ400SM
    Hey! My brother and I can give you some tips if you think we are worthy lol . We were there yesterday (in the expert group). I was on a 2smoke with the number 38. Maybe next time we can hang out in between sessions .

Bike
    2007 RXV550. 2014 Beta 498RR Previous rides: 2000 XR650L, 2005 XB12s, 2006 DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by Airfruit View Post
    Hey! My brother and I can give you some tips if you think we are worthy lol . We were there yesterday (in the expert group). I was on a 2smoke with the number 38. Maybe next time we can hang out in between sessions .
    Haha worthy? Hell yeah. I'll take any pointers I can get. Doesn't look like I'll be able to make the one in May. Are there any other track days that you can just tape your lights like at Pitt Meadows? I heard some go kart tracks allow you to practice.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array StevieMac's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja250 + a few
    WMRC has it's first track day of the year this coming Friday http://www.wmrc.ca/track-days

More info here: https://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...cing-countdown
    Last edited by StevieMac; 04-27-2015 at 01:47 PM.
    WMRC & PCMRC #49

StevieMac- Any and all advice provided by me is of the "Use it at your own risk" variety. Common sense and your own good judgement must always prevail.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieMac View Post
    WMRC has it's first track day of the year this coming Friday http://www.wmrc.ca/track-days
    More info here: https://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...cing-countdown
    Thanks StevieMac. I always thought you needed a full spec'd track bike with bail wire, catch cans etc. for Mission.

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Registered User Array StevieMac's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja250 + a few
    To race yes but not for track days.

Quote Originally Posted by spero View Post
    What to tape up (or remove):

- Headlights, turn signals, brake lights, mirrors, passenger pegs to folded up position, license plate & speedometer (only the speedometer).
    The second link I posted has all of the information and if you have more questions just ask. If you ask in that thread you will get an answer for sure.
    WMRC & PCMRC #49

StevieMac- Any and all advice provided by me is of the "Use it at your own risk" variety. Common sense and your own good judgement must always prevail.

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES
    The Chen Brothers can give you some good tips - they're the resident experts! If you come out to mission, there are a bunch of racers and former racers who can give you some good info. (Oh, and that RXV would terrorize sportbikers out at Mission!)
    For now, supermoto style, think this: When coming into a turn, get your crotch as far forward as you can, push the bike under you so your ass crack is on the outside of the seat, and keep your elbows square. Here's Brian from Socal supermoto school demonstrating the proper form ...

Bike
    Ah yes similar to how I ride in the dirt. Cool this sounds like it will be a fun transition. Thanks for all the info guys. I was going to sell my bike this year, but now it's just another reason to keep her.