Yamaha MWT-9 - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Yamaha MWT-9

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    I road behind one of these a couple of times today at a Yamaha demo days. Bizarro machine for sure. If I'd had more times/options I'd have tried it out. But I only stumbled across the demos last minute and so was only able to ride a super tenere and a wr250r. Was still cool to try a couple of different machines.*

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2010 Versys
    Sat on one last Saturday in Penticton and still don't know what to make of it. Over 20 grand before taxes is a big gamble if you ask me
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    It was really weird to watch it being ridden(one ride I was directly behind it). Obviously it works, but it still seems like it would take a bit of a mental leap to 'trust' it. Definetly not my cup of tea. But I still would love to have tried it out. Cranking new bikes for free was just to much fun. I could've done it all day if I'd known about it ahead of time. It was at Vernon motorsports and pushing a 35min ride, out to some armstrong backroads. Pretty tame obviously but scooted along better than I'd expected. Yamaha reps were cool, no pushy sales pitches or anything.*

I was disappointed not to try out the mt-09. It was booked all day by the time I showed, mt-07 too. And they weren't offering demo rides on the mt-10. It was super fun to boot around on those couple of new bikes though. I'll be keeping my eyes/ears open for any demo days. I had almost considered a small dual purpose like a wr250r in the past and now having ridden one I know there's no way I want to have one. The super T was cool to ride but again not a bike for me. I was more than happy to ride my 18year old f4i home. *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    That's the problem with demo rides. You don't get to try any of the high powered stuff. Just the meh stuff.

I did get to test ride a zzr 1200 many years ago on a Spunkys demo day. They weren't letting anyone ride it and I think Simon was a little miffed I didn't fall in love with it. Good times.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    That super t was a 1200 and had selectable modes and computer adjustable suspension, and I imagine the mt09 was plenty jammy. They also had a fjr1300. But I had to just take what was available being late to the party. I don't think the demo crew/trailer was rolling with a mt10. They had one rolled outside but I it was Vernon motorsports bike. I asked and was told it wasn't part of the demo day.*

All and all was still fun and I had a couple hours to kill anyways. They had a nice route with some decent little twisty sections that if you timed things out allowed for a bit of mildly spirited riding.

But. Lol, there's always a but. There was some slow people in my second group where I was frustrated a bit by the end with and I was on the wr250r that time, stuck behind a mt07 who was braking into corners and dragging us last few riders way back from the group and kind of screwing up the fun part of the ride. And also in that ride a fellow specifically asked to go last and then proceeded to pass me on the right in my lane and make things very tight and uncomfortable while coming to a stop sign. I wasn't lagging behind or anything. *Then wanted me to go ahead of him again at the stop sign. *It seemed a bonehead maneuver on a demo ride which I didn't allow to happen again by dominating my lane and favouring p2 a bunch. But I did notice him getting real tight on me a number of times where I had to create a little space. Minor gripes though to try out a couple of new rides and someone else's insurance and fuel.*

on the first ride I was behind the Niken on the Super T and the Niken rider dragged the rear brake for I bet 4km, stunk to high heaven. Demo bikes go cheap right?

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    i have not exactly enjoyed the last couple demo days i attended. too many people who have no business being on two wheels.

i found myself stuck behind 'learner' dudes one too many times.

i'm curious on the new Eluder cruiser line but I woiuld likely lose my mind in such a tight group.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.