New FJR (2016) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New FJR (2016)

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    to be honest the only thing that had me scratching my head from your post above is it sounds like you prefer a shaft drive rather than chain?
    That's strange, I made no reference to like or dislike, simply noted it added weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think the heavier the bike the less it's affected when you strap your touring gear on. So a bike like the FJR will ride consistently laden or not.

When I push my VFR around the shed it feels like a whale but when riding it feels as nimble as any bike, bags on or not.

A light tourer loaded up the same as you're used to will be way more likely to feel blah compared to bareback.
    That's been my experience as well. There's a reason bikes like the FJR and VFR have had some many years of solid praise and
    a very loyal following, and it takes owning them over time and various conditions to really appreciate the all-round benefits.

That said, each bike I have owned has offered me that at some point, and that's one nice part of trying more type, context.

If someone has owned the same basic types of bike(s) for 10 years, I take the opinions with a grain of salt, the best knowledge
    in this field comes from lots and lots of seat time, not a demo ride, not a bud's bike, but thousands of km's in varying conditions.

My one exception......I really enjoyed doing minor track days, be it Mission or Pitt Meadows, and I had fun with previous street bikes.

The FJR is not something I want to huck around a small track.

It's not because it's too heavy to have fun, but if I do drop it, the carnage might be too much for me to live with, haha.
    Last edited by CHIA; 12-07-2015 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    That's strange, I made no reference to like or dislike, simply noted it added weight.
    ahh, okay thats all i got from it then.. to be honest i didnt even see it 1st time i read your post
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    I see the discussion circling around a segment tat doesn't exist yet, which I wish it would, which is the 600lb Super Sport Touring class. The Connie is 700lbs, the FJR 650lbs, the Ninja 1000 500lbs. There is no middle ground bike.
    ok, so what would you add to the ninja 1000 to get it to where you'd consider it a super sport tourer and how much weight do you think that would add.

then ask if you can do those mods to your bike.

then let me know how much it costs as i might consider one.
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    I see the discussion circling around a segment tat doesn't exist yet, which I wish it would, which is the 600lb Super Sport Touring class. The Connie is 700lbs, the FJR 650lbs, the Ninja 1000 500lbs. There is no middle ground bike.

2015 K1300S - 560 lbs w/o bags. less than 600 with.
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    ok, so what would you add to the ninja 1000 to get it to where you'd consider it a super sport tourer and how much weight do you think that would add. Then let me know how much it costs as i might consider one.
    Cruise control, electric windscreen, bigger tank, and maybe an inch of wheelbase. It's not that it sucks, its just what do you move up to from a N1K. Connie? Been there, too big, impossible to spin in my garage, cant duck walk it, etc...........something in between

Quote Originally Posted by K-rod View Post
    I always forget about that bike. Hope they update the bodywork soon....
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...12&oe=571CBD56

it hustles too...
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    This bike interests me a lot..... R1200RS more touring than my current bike, but still somewhat sporty.

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    This bike interests me a lot..... R1200RS more touring than my current bike, but still somewhat sporty.

Read a number of reports that it's 'uninspired', that the R1200R w/ a bikini fairing is more fun if you must. Guy on the Z1000sx forums went from a Ninja 1k to an R1200RS and sorely regrets his decision. I gather you'll be bored coming from the Ape.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    Read a number of reports that it's 'uninspired', that the R1200R w/ a bikini fairing is more fun if you must. Guy on the Z1000sx forums went from a Ninja 1k to an R1200RS and sorely regrets his decision. I gather you'll be bored coming from the Ape.
    lots of guys on ADVriders love them, and the reviews i've read have been positive. But yes, coming from the Tuono would be a huge step down for the grin factor.

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    coming from the Tuono would be a huge step down for the grin factor.
    coming from the Tuono, that could be said about MOST bikes! altho if this is a discussion about sport-tourers, you'd have to set the balance for the Tuono somewhere around sport - tourer , wouldn't you?
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    this one i kinda like yeah
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    I always forget about that bike [K1300S] . Hope they update the bodywork soon....
    agreed. well overdue! like the Bartender, I like the looks of the new R1200RS a lot, but the rest of the package just doesn't do it for me. wrap that 'style' around the K1300 'bones' and you'd have a total weapon! really easy-going at lower speeds, ridiculously powerful up top, superbly comfortable, great faring protection. the only 'dig' at it is that the longer wheelbase makes it a bit harder to fling around, but my buddy Jason can lap the Ridge on his K1300 within less than 10 seconds compared to his S1000RR.
    the "gentleman's sportbike", for sure.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Bike
    CB 500X
    lots of guys on ADVriders love them, and the reviews i've read have been positive. But yes, coming from the Tuono would be a huge step down for the grin factor.
    Yes, musn't forget the fun factor. FJ-9 is 456 lbs wet. Just strap a bag on the back and 3-2-1 blast-off to fun/sporty-touring.
    Last edited by Redhawk; 12-12-2015 at 08:36 AM.
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'