Riding Alone - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Riding Alone

From N00bie to Wannabe Array FASTn50's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 VFR 800A (Red!) 2006 CFR 450X (Red!) 2012 Ninja 250R (Red!) 2012 BMW F800GS (Blue/White)
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    The more I read the article, the more I really see why riding solo on trips really works for me. Granted there are other joys that come from group trips.. I think that you get something else out of those types of excursions. It's the comradery in those instances.

A very good point about being aware when you are alone. I've been riding through California and thought to myself... the great equalizer is realizing that if you go off the road and down the ravine, nobody will find you for a long, long time...
    That was my experience on the backroads of Southeast Australia! Fantastically twisty, beautifully paved, well forested secondary roads with virtually no traffic on them. It was the few weeks before their summer school break so no one had started their holidays. I was dragging pegs all day long but would often roll off a bit when reminding myself that I had only seen three vehicles that day; if I ever slipped off the road and was incapacitated; no one would know where to find me or be able to spot me from the roads edge!
    All my Mistresses have two round, sticky black feet and are Made in Japan or Germany!
    If I die on Phillip Island, so what! I'm already in Heaven! WOOHOOO!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    The more I read the article, the more I really see why riding solo on trips really works for me. Granted there are other joys that come from group trips.. I think that you get something else out of those types of excursions. It's the comraderie in those instances.

A very good point about being aware when you are alone. I've been riding through California and thought to myself... the great equalizer is realizing that if you go off the road and down the ravine, nobody will find you for a long, long time...
    Quote Originally Posted by FASTn50 View Post
    That was my experience on the backroads of Southeast Australia! Fantastically twisty, beautifully paved, well forested secondary roads with virtually no traffic on them. It was the few weeks before their summer school break so no one had started their holidays. I was dragging pegs all day long but would often roll off a bit when reminding myself that I had only seen three vehicles that day; if I ever slipped off the road and was incapacitated; no one would know where to find me or be able to spot me from the roads edge!
    For these reasons, I'm looking into a spot or Delorme tracker AND a PRB. Relatively cheap insurance if you punt yourself into oblivion.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    For these reasons, I'm looking into a spot or Delorme tracker AND a PRB. Relatively cheap insurance if you punt yourself into oblivion.
    ^PLB, but correct choice on getting both imo. the delorme kills the spot on features for the communicator part of your plan. 'course it's treble? the price.