Ninja 1000 vs GSX-1000F

12K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  old guy 
#1 ·
#6 ·
ummm, see title of this thread?

#11 ·
^^^ is that the Ventura rack?

#12 ·
Yup, Ventura rack (the smaller sport rack). Sold my GIVI saddlebags bags and brackets to a fellow in Chicago last summer. Hated the look on the bike, limited my leg movement, awkward to open and close on the bike, clunky to move in and out of a motel room, weren't water-tight, constantly kicking them when high kicking over the bike, bla bla bla. TMR turned my on to a simple tail rack and dry bag system. Some commitment to packing light, plus planning one load of laundry/dryer on a trip, and I can do a 5 day 3500km trip with everything I need in a 25L dry bag. On and off in 10 seconds, everything dry, weighs nothing, and doesn't get in the way at all.

Picked up this First Gear Drypac 25L from 2nd Gear. Works like a charm. The top loading feature is a huge advantage when you want to get at stuff while on the bike, and makes for easy access in a motel room.

To be honest, I could get away with a 20L top load drybag, but just can't find one

#20 ·
perhaps you should consider this system?

#21 ·
but more seriously, I don't find it difficult to tour for 3 or 4 days with just a top-box and tankbag. but I prefer ( a) a hard case. and ( b) mounting at the rear seat, not way out back on a separate rack. far better balance on the bike...

IMG_6945-20 by Don Serl, on Flickr

#26 ·
"Actually, while I used to be able to kick a door-frame ( the top, not the side...) back when I was youth, those days are long gone! "

I used to be able to as well. Just stopped after getting tired of landing on my head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.