Ninja 1000 vs GSX-1000F - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ninja 1000 vs GSX-1000F

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    I admire your rigour in your packing. Me, especially when I'm out solo and 'long', I take more stuff - tools, laptop, sometimes a mesh jacket, etc. And I like the security of hard luggage. So it's side cases and top-box for me, mostly.

There was recently discussion on the CB1000R forum about the new GSX-S1000, which a couple guys have moved over to. I'd consider it, but it's gotta be able to run luggage, for me. And in my mind, the nicest set-up these days is the new Shad 3P system: sweet looking side cases (SH36):

and a very simple rack system:

They don't make the system for the GSX-S, and they don't plan to ( I asked...), but with a bit of jiggery-pokery and welding, anything is possible - that's how I got Givi luggage on my CB, after all...
    i've actually been looking at that system. I can easily make/modify the mounts. However my exhaust turns up so quickly that it's going to hit the cases.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    i've actually been looking at that system. I can easily make/modify the mounts. However my exhaust turns up so quickly that it's going to hit the cases.
    what about designing the rack/mounts so that the cases sit at more of an angle or above the exhaust? or maybe this is an excuse for a new exhaust system too?
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    what about designing the rack/mounts so that the cases sit at more of an angle or above the exhaust? or maybe this is an excuse for a new exhaust system too?
    but i like the one i've got. :0

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    but i like the one i've got. :0

you mean this one?

Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    perhaps you should consider this system?

In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    but more seriously, I don't find it difficult to tour for 3 or 4 days with just a top-box and tankbag. but I prefer ( a) a hard case. and ( b) mounting at the rear seat, not way out back on a separate rack. far better balance on the bike...

IMG_6945-20 by Don Serl, on Flickr
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    you mean this one?

yes, that one too. not sure why the hotlink didnt work this time.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    but more seriously, I don't find it difficult to tour for 3 or 4 days with just a top-box and tankbag. but I prefer ( a) a hard case. and ( b) mounting at the rear seat, not way out back on a separate rack. far better balance on the bike...

IMG_6945-20 by Don Serl, on Flickr
    I disagree whole heartedly. The weight further back makes zero difference in the handling of the bike, and mounting a case on the rear seat just means endless kick-throughs all day long, which gets tiring. Now, Don is Mr. fit, so he probably high kicks over his top box, not this old fellow.LOL
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    mounting a case on the rear seat just means endless kick-throughs all day long, which gets tiring. Now, Don is Mr. fit, so he probably high kicks over his top box, not this old fellow.LOL
    lol - yeah watching you trying to get on a bike at times has proven to be quite humourous.

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    I disagree whole heartedly. The weight further back makes zero difference in the handling of the bike
    Oh great, something to argue endlessly about over food and drink in Cali some day!

Now, Don is Mr. fit, so he probably high kicks over his top box, not this old fellow.LOL
    Actually, while I used to be able to kick a door-frame ( the top, not the side...) back when I was youth, those days are long gone! However, a kick, a little help / support from my hand, and a hop, and I'm good to go. Age and cunning, as always...
    Dwight Eisenhower

Bike
    2008 BMW HP2S, Beta 525RR. 2012 Multi S Touring
    "Actually, while I used to be able to kick a door-frame ( the top, not the side...) back when I was youth, those days are long gone! "

I used to be able to as well. Just stopped after getting tired of landing on my head.
    "I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different!"
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Loud Pipes save Deer

Bike
    1946 indian chiefXX
    [QUOTE=LCPeter;2527042]"Actually, while I used to be able to kick a door-frame ( the top, not the side...) back when I was youth, those days are long gone! "

Well I'm at about 18" off the floor right about now. And using the horses stirrup method.