Broken Conrod? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broken Conrod?

Bike
    vtwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Acuracura View Post
    Hoping this forum is still active. My 2008 Honda CBR125r suddenly died on the highway. Wouldn't restart, just a single "thunk" when I hit the starter. Has 44k km and oil changed every 5k with Mobile1 MX4T. Towed to dealer and they think it's a broken conrod by looking through the spark plug hole. Would need to split engine to be sure but either way it's going to be a lot of labour and some parts (conrod, gaskets, bearings). Waiting on a quote for worst case scenario but repair could be anywhere from $500 to over $1k.

Options:

A) Attempt repair at shop. Could waste a lot of money if expensive or unsuccessful. Who knows what hidden surprises are in that little engine.

B) Attempt repair at home. I am not a mechanic but am inclined and have some resources for help. Parts will still add up and low likelihood of success.

C) Sell bike for parts. Replace with equivalent from craigslist for under $2k.

D) Sell bike for parts. Upgrade to a used 300cc. Wouldn't have to hold WOT to keep up with hwy traffic.

The CBR125 has served me well and I'd still be riding it if it didn't implode. Don't feel the urge to upgrade as I don't venture any further out than Chilliwack. Main advantage of replacing with the same bike is I can reuse the expensive givi rack/box. Also not looking to spend a lot as this is a completely unplanned expense. Can wait until next season but probably better deals to be had now, end of season.

Thoughts or suggestions of something I haven't considered? Thanks in advance.*
    i have a white 2007/2008 Honda CBR 125 sitting in my bsmt with about 100km on it. its the wifes bike, she doesnt ride it. literally, one hundred km on it. she did drop it once and the nose fairing has a crack in it but doesnt flop around.

had its first 100km service a few years ago and has been sitting in the house every since!
    10 KTM rc8 r
    03 Yamaha R6 (track)
    97 HD Sporty 883

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2002 LeMans
    If the OP loves the WeeBR, he should jump on this!

Registered User Array Acuracura's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Yamaha BWS
    Quote Originally Posted by R6 Jono View Post
    i have a white 2007/2008 Honda CBR 125 sitting in my bsmt with about 100km on it. its the wifes bike, she doesnt ride it. literally, one hundred km on it. she did drop it once and the nose fairing has a crack in it but doesnt flop around.

had its first 100km service a few years ago and has been sitting in the house every since!
    PM sent. Thanks.