Yamaha T7 Concept Bike - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha T7 Concept Bike

Bike
    Honda
    Any word on what Kawasaki is replacing the KLR with?

Things are pretty limited in the longer range off road bike capability. That is, unless you want to spend +$20K and ride around on 500lb+ bikes. Doesn't seem to be anything in the single cylinder range ........
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    are you saying a sportbike is not built to meet a price point? really?
    Sure they are. That's why they have power, bells/whistles and good suspension. That's why an R6 is 14k.

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    Any word on what Kawasaki is replacing the KLR with?

Things are pretty limited in the longer range off road bike capability. That is, unless you want to spend +$20K and ride around on 500lb+ bikes. Doesn't seem to be anything in the single cylinder range ........

Looks like the current trend is more off road aimed than on.
    Fill the house with bees.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Honda
    Yeah ..... and all 5 figured prices. I don't want much, 300 km range, top shelf suspension, Dakar styling, under 400 lbs, under $9,000. Is that too much?
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Looks like the current trend is more off road aimed than on.
    Honda is claiming 30k between "major engine [wallet] stripdowns" which is pretty good for what is basically mx engine.

Bike
    RC
    Yeah ..... and all 5 figured prices. I don't want much, 300 km range, top shelf suspension, Dakar styling, under 400 lbs, under $9,000. Is that too much?
    Never selling my 07 SM610. Not great on dirt maybe but it's so good at the rest.

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Honda is claiming 30k between "major engine [wallet] stripdowns" which is pretty good for what is basically mx engine.
    Yeah for sure but you still can't sew as much pavement together with a 400 detuned MX vs the KLR with 200 more displacements. That's my take on more offroad aimed.

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Never selling my 07 SM610. Not great on dirt maybe but it's so good at the rest.
    good enough for logging road exploits?
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
    Sure they are. That's why they have power, bells/whistles and good suspension. That's why an R6 is 14k.
    uhm,... profit is the only reason the r6 is selling for 14k.. it hasnt been touched in years.

i truly think most sport-bike riders wear rose colored glasses entirely too often..
    i would not brag about oem suspension just because its a sportbike.. most of it is junk

as much as Japanese bikes have built a name for performance oriented machines there's still
    all kinds of shit that goes into them that made it on just because the manufacturer caught a break
    on a contract for cheap arse parts. Hell lately it seems its all about getting it out the door and selling
    as many as you can before folks realize they're riding a ticking time-bomb.

The R1 has gone up in price every year since 15/16 and there are no real improvements on said bike to deserve the price hike.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 12-11-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    good enough for logging road exploits?
    Oh for sure. It's just a bit too much for a real trail, at least with me riding it. I'd want something a lot smaller.

Yes ... Unless you want used with an aftermarket tank and upgraded suspension.

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Yes, yes it is.

Another alternative, albeit not as light or as 'dirt worthy' is a CB500X with a Rally Raid kit. Light enough for FSR's and double tracks, great fuel economy, and reliable. The little 500 doesn't have a giant amount of go, but more than enough to cruise comfortably at 120 km/h on the highway. My wife had one and I had a hoot on it, albeit it was a bit 'boring', especially after tasting the orange kool-aid. Granted, I didn't have the Rally Raid kit on it, and in hindsight, I should've kept it for a BC back road exploration bike. Highly recommend that you check out some of the giant threads on advrider.

Bike
    CB 500X
    Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    Yes, yes it is.

Another alternative, albeit not as light or as 'dirt worthy' is a CB500X with a Rally Raid kit. Light enough for FSR's and double tracks, great fuel economy, and reliable. The little 500 doesn't have a giant amount of go, but more than enough to cruise comfortably at 120 km/h on the highway. My wife had one and I had a hoot on it, albeit it was a bit 'boring', especially after tasting the orange kool-aid. Granted, I didn't have the Rally Raid kit on it, and in hindsight, I should've kept it for a BC back road exploration bike. Highly recommend that you check out some of the giant threads on advrider.
    You got me looking at the CB500X. The one I saw at Penticton Honda didn't impress me much, although I've heard good things about it. Problemo numero uno is the 17'' front tire for gravel roads, and lack of suspension.

Guess what Honda did for 2019? Added a 19'' front, beefed up the suspension, motor, exhaust, added a slipper clutch and LCD dashboard. Supposedly gets 500kms on 17.5 litres of fuel and comes in at 435lbs wet. This little bike tics a lot of boxes for me.

2018 was starting at $7,399 and 2019 is to be announced. I'm interested.

Name:  GalleryImage_CB500X_3.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  154.3 KB

http://canadamotoguide.com/2018/11/0...r-next-season/

https://motorcycle.honda.ca/model/adventure/cb500x/2019
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

Bike
    Honda
    I would really lust over the 500 if they did it in colors like the 1000 ....red, white and blue with gold spoked wheels. Honestly, it's about as much as I need. But how could I show my face around the farkled GSA and KTM crowd and their $9000 in clothing and accessories? There is a lack of sex appeal there.

Bike
    CB 500X
    I would really lust over the 500 if they did it in colors like the 1000 ....red, white and blue with gold spoked wheels. Honestly, it's about as much as I need. But how could I show my face around the farkled GSA and KTM crowd and their $9000 in clothing and accessories? There is a lack of sex appeal there.
    Also available in smoking hot Grand Prix Red!

Name:  cb500x grand_prix_red_front.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  135.4 KB
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'