Bitcoin Holders Beware - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Holders Beware

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Of course then there would be a record of 2000 Btc to pay cap gains on. *Unless they got lost in a tragic computer malfunction I suppose. *What's the law in Canada if you "lose" a rapidly appreciating asset. *Do you have to prove to cra that it's really gone?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Call to CRA:

" My computer crashed and I lost all 2000 bitcoins. Can I declare the loss? "

CRA:

" Hold on sir (in a heavy French or East Indian accent). What is this bitcoin you speak of? "

Bike
    04 SV650
    Great, real estate was already a shit show, now they are advertising homes for sale for bitcoins!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ltor-1.4118832

Ridiculous

Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    "realtor upset at discovery that realtors are no longer necessary"

LOL
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw

Bike
    MONSTEROSITY

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Ya except investing in any kinky, chinese money dump, real estate market over the past 3 or 4 years would have netted you way better returns with way less risk.

Bike
    ummm
    Blog/Politics
    Posted May 21, 2017 by Martin Armstrong

QUESTION: Marty,
    In light of the recent ransomware attacks where individuals/companies are being held hostage until they pay the criminals in bitcoins, why wouldn’t governments around the globe step in and just shut down Bitcoin. It amazes me. Bitcoin allows people to sell everything from drugs to trade secrets on Wall Street and they do this without having to even pay taxes on it! What’s going on behind the scene that allows this operation to continue?
    MM
    ANSWER: My guess is they are doing the same as tax straddles during the 70s. They knew what was going on and let it run and then fined everybody with interest and penalties. Incidents like this do not bode well for BitCoin and authorities going forward. Way too easy for a politicians to make a big issue out of it. They are already coining the phrase “cash is for criminals” so it would be easy to swap out a word here and there.

Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    > it would be easy to swap out a word here and there

certainly is, isn't it

In light of the recent attacks where individuals/companies are being held hostage until they pay the criminals in cash, why wouldn’t governments around the globe step in and just shut down cash. It amazes me. cash allows people to sell everything from drugs to trade secrets on Wall Street

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Well a gubment could shutdown btc, but they'd hafta be some hard hearted motherfuckers to do it. *Lotta that back room, rubber hose, type of business.
    Any country that could do what it takes to kill btc within its borders could more easily end the drugs or the Stock market corruption.
    Also Marty's an idiot. *The premise of the question is bitcoins anonymity, so how can the answer totally ignore/refute that premise without some kind of explanation?

Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    a bit late to put the honeybadger back in the box.
    Sure, countryX could 'ban' bitcoin. But CountryA,B,C,D,E,F, and G are still behind it, so ... that'd just be the time for an extended vacation.

or you could just keep all faith in the banks

Bike
    ummm
    An interesting development in the virtual currency market:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/japan...rs-leave-china

Bike
    ummm
    perhaps I should call it a cryptocurrency.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Should have bought the dip, but I had the fear.