Bitcoin Holders Beware - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Holders Beware

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    The events and timing suggest other factors at play. 99% manipulation in the bitcoin world. Huge sell off like this is not about the tax man.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
    The events and timing suggest other factors at play. 99% manipulation in the bitcoin world. Huge sell off like this is not about the tax man.
    purely copy / paste.. i'm sure there's more going on

figured it contained some relevant information.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    Interesting THEORY, but it assumes like most apocalyptic theorists that people and other institutions do not react to a given circumstance like this.

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    The Real Reason Behind Bitcoin’s Price Crash Revealed –
    By
    Andreas Kaplan -
    Nov 24, 2018

Bitcoin investors in the United States are selling off their crypto to pay off capital gain tax.

First-time investors in Bitcoin are faced with large capital gain taxes from the profit they made in 2017. Reports show that they are now selling off quickly before they file their April taxes
    A good portion of the stock market has gone into hiding over the past month or so. High Tech is the most obvious stock play that has gone in this direction. It is not just for the reason stated above.

Once people who are on the Bitcoin train just start using the trading methodology of "regular" stocks, they might fare better with volatility. See bitcoin as just another stock in their diversified portfolio. Take profits from your winnings, don't be greedy, buy when you think you are near bottom, do it in stages cuz no one can anticipate true bottom, etc, etc.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/w...ptocurrencies/

COMMENT: Mr. Armstrong; I just wanted to write to say thank you. You saved my marriage. My wife insisted I listen to you because you were right and got me out of gold. You also got me out of Bitcoin and I cannot thank you enough. These crazy people were touting a new age of knowledge and Bitcoin was going to kill the dollar and become the new reserve currency. Then one real nut said it was going to $250,000. You are right. When something spikes up like that, it grabs the emotions and you lose everything.

PF

ANSWER: There was no possible way governments would EVER hand over such power to Bitcoin. These people have no clue about the age of knowledge, for they are trapped in the age of stupidity. A monthly closing below 2950 will confirm the long-term trend is turning down. A year-end closing below 4150 will point to a drop back to 775 area. It was a trading vehicle – not an investment class for the long-term. With the IMF telling all central banks to create their own cryptocurrency and the introduction of Blockchain in experimenting with tax collection, we face a very different future due to technology. However, it will not be a world of free-market cryptos that bring governments to their knees.
    Was that a study in economics or a Savage Love article?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Anyone here get bit by the bankruptcy?

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    Anyone here get bit by the bankruptcy?
    Why do I think that this guy just set things up to get away scott free with a few hundred million of OPM?
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    #1 rule of crypto: not your keys, not your coins.

QCX did get pretty sketchy early/mid 2018. The international banking cartels banding together out of the 2017 g20 with the expressed desire to 'tame bitcoin' certainly didn't help the situation.
    When withdrawls started taking 2+ weeks. then 3+ months. that's ... a really, really bad sign, so I personally stopped using Quadriga around 2018/02 when they started emphasizing "quadriga bucks" as the asset you're selling for instead of CAD. yeap, nope nope nope.

And well, now the whole things unravelled in spectacular fashion. Highly dubious 'death' of the founder, lost keys, improper practices, "no cold storage to speak of", gambling with user submitted funds... yea, did I mention how fun the 'wild wild west' of crypto can be?

buy the dip! ;p
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    I thought it was all cold storage but with one guy holding all the keys.

Anyway, I remember people telling me that quadriga was all legit. *Can’t be scammy. *It’s Canadian. Don’t worry about it guy.

What isn’t really clear from the news is how much of the money is for sure missing and how much is unknown or inaccessible. * *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    I haven't dealt with them for years. Whenever I did, there were never any issues. I feel bad for recommending them in the past. There wasn't much to choose from for a Canadian exchange. Quad simply did not have enough liquidity.

I'm using Kraken these days. You can fund/withdraw CAD easily. The most secure exchange going if you use their options to lock it down.

If they don't have proof of body you can be sure its an exit scam. Money will buy anything in India even a death certificate and fake cremation.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Yea, Quad seemed pretty trustworthy circa 2015-2017, with very timely deposits and quick withdrawls, never had any issues.... so yea, I recommended them too. They were the best option at the time, hands down. That all changed once the banks started blocking the onramps, and holding deposits and withdrawls for anything even loosely related to crypto. (not just QCX).
    ...meanwhile, the banks are still advertising for 'blockchain engineers' on their corporate sites, and submitting 'blockchain' based patents. Shady fuckers all around!
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    Why do I think that this guy just set things up to get away scott free with a few hundred million of OPM?
    WTF

http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    . That all changed once the banks started blocking the onramps, and holding deposits and withdrawls for anything even loosely related to crypto. (not just QCX).
    ...meanwhile, the banks are still advertising for 'blockchain engineers' on their corporate sites, and submitting 'blockchain' based patents. Shady fuckers all around!
    Not to be a shill for corpo-national bank assholes clearing 3 billion a quarter and employing pretty much nobody, but in this lonely case, seems like they probably did the right thing in not facilitating a crypto Ponzi scheme.*