Bitcoin Holders Beware - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Bitcoin Holders Beware

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    FaceCoin aims to be a 'stable coin', tied to a 'bucket of fiat currencies'... which in turn... is really backed by 'nothing', so you're probably not going to get quickrich by nabbing up a bunch of FaceCoin. Ya just can't have mom+pop losing 90% of their legit-e-business value overnight.

But what it will do is automatically onboard b-b-b-b-billions of users to the idea of digital currency, getting them used to&comfortable with the idea of direct p2p payments.

Of course there will (inevitably) be hacks. And privacy violations. "social" shutdowns. Once FB starts stepping in and determining who-can-send-how-much-to-whom-and-how-often, denying payments they deem 'negatively political' (and they WILL do this), then perhaps the unwashed masses may finally awaken to the real benefits of a nationless, stateless, sovereign digital currency, ala ~bitcoin~
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Well I would hope they would do all that stuff. *I don’t think many people want to buy into nazicoin or iranistanayellowcake coin. *

I can foresee some interesting discussions about what goes in the old fiat chum bucket. *
    Can’t imagine the Americans, who are going to be de facto in charge of libra, are going to want it helping to prop up the ruble or whatever.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    FaceCoin aims to be a 'stable coin', tied to a 'bucket of fiat currencies'... which in turn... is really backed by 'nothing', so you're probably not going to get quickrich by nabbing up a bunch of FaceCoin. Ya just can't have mom+pop losing 90% of their legit-e-business value overnight.

But what it will do is automatically onboard b-b-b-b-billions of users to the idea of digital currency, getting them used to&comfortable with the idea of direct p2p payments.

Of course there will (inevitably) be hacks. And privacy violations. "social" shutdowns. Once FB starts stepping in and determining who-can-send-how-much-to-whom-and-how-often, denying payments they deem 'negatively political' (and they WILL do this), then perhaps the unwashed masses may finally awaken to the real benefits of a nationless, stateless, sovereign digital currency, ala ~bitcoin~
    I have a (crypto) friend who says the same. You and him have a better understanding of the bigger picture than I. My initial concern was the possible threat to my beloved bitcoin. Plus I really do detest faceass. I like Adam's reference to the corporation in Alien.

I've also learned faceass is going to sell investment tokens to the elite. Investment tokens aka ICO aka cash grab. Getting stinkier by the day.

In other news; russia is adopting some framework for digital currencies but NOT faceass coin. Btc is already reacting to the news. Ripple and moneygram have forged a 50 mil dollar partnership. Huge upside for ripples xrp.

Happy trading!

Bike
    04 SV650
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post

Have to agree on all of this, other than the last part about BTC being "nationless, stateless, sovereign digital currency" It has gone slowly away from that unfortunately, as it got more popular and once it took off. Good to see it broke $10K once again, as it means other altcoins are going down in price, so great time to add to some bags.