Winds of Change: week one
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Winds of Change: week one

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY

Winds of Change: week one

Sure didn't take long for the Trumpnado to start tearing up the trailer park...
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    Once he's done with Mexico, we're next. Hollywood North, stealing USA jobs. He's gonna fuck it up for us

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    I always believed his cabinet would mellow him out once he was in office, but it seems like the wild west is alive and well
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    Honda
    It certainly has been a hell of a week. I have been quite surprised by the breadth of the "executive orders" that have been coming down.

He is certainly running rampant, and his group of advisors; well those guys cause concern. I see the gap between rich and poor becoming similiar to what they have in Brazil.

Of equal concern is "news" coverage. I used t complain about the biases presented by CBC or The Province newspaper. When I compare that to what now passes for media, I long for the old days. The websites that represent themselves under a thousand different names that promote ridiculous, unfounded stories that support either side is beyond count. And the amount of people that take what they read on FB or some other link to be the honest truth is stunning.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    04 SV650
    I am really not sure why so many are shocked and surprised by this. He said from day 1 what he wants to do and what he will do if he becomes the prez. He is delivering on what he promised. People voted him in because they either wanted to see all these things happen, or they thought he was bluffing, and like fools called him. At least US is getting their moneys worth. He said he will do all these things and he is. Canada should be more pissed off and worried about their own PM. He said he will do all these things, and noting has been done so far. At least Trump is true to his word and delivering on what he promised. Of course what Trudeau will do is, he will take even more refugees into Canada, and piss off Steve G. even more haha
    Last edited by cvrle1; 01-29-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    The travel ban thing is just ridiculous. *all travellers from the named countries were already subject to intense scrutiny. *The part that would have affected so called dual citizens was interesting from an ideological point of view, but looks like they nerfed that bit.*
    Don't understand the "wall" objection unless people are envisioning the Great Wall of china. *Just gonna try out a real border instead of the fake border that wasn't really working for anyone. *

I'm waiting for the executive order that decriminalizes Russian hooker piss parties on the beds of your enemies. * #bestpresevah
    Last edited by sAdam; 01-29-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrle1 View Post
    I am really not sure why so many are shocked and surprised by this. He said from day 1 what he wants to do and what he will do if he becomes the prez. He is delivering on what he promised. People voted him in because they either wanted to see all these things happen, or they thought he was bluffing, and like fools called him. At least US is getting their moneys worth. He said he will do all these things and he is. Canada should be more pissed off and worried about their own PM. He said he will do all these things, and noting has been done so far. At least Trump is true to his word and delivering on what he promised. Of course what Trudeau will do is, he will take even more refugees into Canada, and piss off Steve G. even more haha

LOLOLOLOL. Goodness. I thought all the "virtue victims" would be hunkering down behind their flowered blankets by now. I see that is not the case with this thread. That it was started by an anarchist is rather laughable.

Remember snowflakes, the next step after anarchy is martial law.

Don't misunderstand. I believe Trump is an asshole. He's the wrong guy, for the right reasons. The things he's doing are for the most part, very much over-due. That an asshole is making these moves does not make these moves incorrect. Law and order are now an option for many in the USA. This must stop.

Regarding immigration, a country's immigration system must be designed for the betterment of that country, not for the convenience of foreign nationals. If you guys are against the vetting process, and against "a wall", scale it down for example. Don't bother locking your house, your car. Leave the keys in your ignition. Don't consider it bad if your neighbour walks into your house, helps himself to milk and cookies, takes a piss in your toilet and doesn't flush, all while you're at home. Leaves your front door open. How do you like that point now that's it's scaled down to this level, which is exactly the same?

Yes, this means Canada will see more immigration for good and bad. You guys of above average taxable income I'm sure don't mind a tax increase to cover this. My humble thanks.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    this thread ... started by an anarchist
    Oh Steve. You misinterpret or ignore outright at every opportunity. Is this your failure or mine? Let me reiterate;

No, I am not an Anarchist in your sense of the word; it may simply be that your brain is too dense for any known explosives to affect it!
    No, I am not an Anarchist in your sense of the word; fancy a Policeman let loose on Society!

I am FOR Liberty and AGAINST Tyranny.
    I am FOR Knowledge, begot from Wisdom and Understanding, and AGAINST Ignorance.

"The things he's doing are for the most part, very much over-due."

...and now I'm certain you have no fucking clue what's really going on here.

"I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrle1 View Post
    Part of it is trying to parse what was promised yet contradicted the next day on the campaign trail, trying to figure out what he was actually serious about, wondering really how much power he would be able to wield once behind the desk. He's certainly come out of the gate strong, let's see how that goes. This travel ban is the first to start getting real judicial push-back.

We won't really know how much money's worth the Trump voters are getting for a while now... this could all really quickly backfire. The constitutionality of the travel ban is quickly being questioned.*

I'm surprised the anti-abortion stances aren't getting more attention, that's usually the third rail of american politics. But I guess that's only among politicians who care about next week.*

Bike
    04 SV650
    Thats a thing that a lot of people fail to understand. He can sign all these things, but there are many levels that are there to control president. He can have his executive orders, challenged, temporarily put on hold, overruled and so on. As you said, that is exactly what happened with this travel ban. He will calm down once he is done fluffing his feathers and once he realizes than he doesnt have as much power as he thinks he does. In the mean time, sit back and enjoy the comedy.

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    Bike
    R6, F4 stunter
    I can't believe I actually know someone who is firsthand affected by a Trump policy. Half the ppl I work with see their US clients extremely often including buddy last week, who is from one of the seven countries. He will not be going anywhere until the hearing.
    This is going to cause some shit.
    Last edited by frontside5; 01-29-2017 at 06:06 PM. Reason: clarify: US travel is for work

Bike
    2001 ZX12R .................... 2005 ST1300A
    As long as they keep letting refugees from Britain,Norway,Finland,Australia and New Zealand in then I am ok with this temporary ban ....... OH WAIT a minute ??? maybe there is a reason "certain" countries have so many refugees ..... LOL

Like it or not Trump is doing what he said he would do which is change things from the decades of constant stupid. May not be the right thing at this moment but the USA has been trying the whole worshipping of political correctness for long enough to show that ideologies poor results.
    < spell chequer is totally bustimacated >

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Quote Originally Posted by thekaz View Post
    Like it or not Trump is doing what he said he would do which is change things from the decades of constant stupid. May not be the right thing at this moment but the USA has been trying the whole worshipping of political correctness for long enough to show that ideologies poor results.
    I guess I'm not seeing the whole "it's so terrible to live in the US" feeling. The worst things about the country are the ones that the citizens themselves, particularly the stereotypical Trump voters, perpetuate; racial divides, class separation that prevents successful (in other countries) socialized policies around education, health care etc.

But overall most of America is doing pretty all right, hella better than many other countries. Some cleaning up to do in the government and banking areas, but otherwise a little more "for the greater good" would go a long way.

Bike
    stereotypical trump voters?

like everyone who isnt a billionare or needs every social program out there to survive instead of getting a job?..

Bike
    04 SV650
    Read something interesting few min ago. Apparently Trump's document that he signed doesnt name any countries at all. What it does is, it adds new rules and regulations on already existing program that Obama created year or 2 ago. That program names all of the countries that everyone has been talking about last few days. Of course this could all be BS, but until document that he signed can be seen publicly, all anyone can do is guess.