Where to buy Stebel

Thread: Where to buy Stebel

Bike
    Honda

Where to buy Stebel

Since there is no way I'm going to be riding the VFR anytime soon, I'm still puttering away on it in the garage.

Like practically every other bike I've had, I'm looking to put a Stebel air horn on it. Since it is all apart to get the ECU re-done, I may as well do it now.

I ordered one last week from Stebel USA but lines got crossed (and I screwed up) so it is being returned when it eventually arrives.

But for now, can anyone point me to a LMD shop or store that carries them? I'm looking for the Stebel brand; not the Wolo at Lordco or the cheap Canadian Tire one.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ZX14
    Possibly 2ndGear Motorsports, as they are a Twisted Throttle dealer, who sell Stebel.

Failing that, perhaps a Harley Dealer......more popular with that crowd.

I assume you're specifically looking for the Stebel Nautilus Compact?
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    Honda
    Yep, the compact. I have to head over with the Mrs to Royal Park so I'll swing in there tomorrow.*

Thanks! *
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    that thing is gigantic.. where are you putting it?

Bike
    A red one
    I was going to suggest CN or CP rail.
    Originally posted by adamantium
    I'm going to type this slowly so that you folk can follow along.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    I agree with you about the internet, it's probably here to stay.

Bike
    ZX14
    Loud Horns Save Lives..................lol
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    Honda
    LOL they aren't that big, about the size of 2 cans of pop. The only bike I've ever had trouble hiding them on was a second generation Tuono. You couldn't hide a pack of smokes on that thing.

I'm a fan of a decent horn. The meeper that is on the VFR is pretty pathetic. That guy starting to creep out of a side street? They stop pretty quick when it sounds like a truck is bearing down. Same for the muppet texting on their phone and drifting into your lane. Slowing them down gives me a fraction more time to get clear of them.

Bike
    Honda
    BOOM! Done and done. 2nd Gear Motorsports had one on the shelf. *Decent price as well. They also had a pre-made wiring harness. I've always made my own before, but for $37 it was an easy decision to make.*

Installed *and wired in only 2 hours.

Thanks Chia!*

Bike
    yeah.... 2 cans of pop is 2 cans too big.. at least on my bike.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by HighZoot View Post
    yeah.... 2 cans of pop is 2 cans too big.. at least on my bike.
    I bought the one that has the compressor and horn split, so 2 separate pop cans. I've bought the one piece horn before and split them myself in order to get them to fit. However if you aren't inclined to be aggressive enough (aka being a dickhead) to use one and don't want it in the first place, why bother.

But if you buy one it bears repeating, buy the wiring harness ....... it made the the process plug 'n play on the electrical side.*

Registered User Array kamen rider's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda
    How did your project go?

I bought this Stebel Nautilus air horn 10 years ago that took over 6 hours to install in my Honda F4i. It was because there was only one space that it would fit into that was difficult to get to. And after the motorcycle was reassembled and I left the shop, it worked for about 5 minutes...

I had a dead horn stuck inside of my motorcycle for a while until I discovered that it melted and then had to get it removed. The original horn is back in there again.

Bike
    Honda
    Went fine, just finicky. Still working.

sacgin Array
    Bike
    humme h2
    I suggest CN

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    I suggest the Stebel Nautilus Mini. Still mighty loud, but no reservoir, so much less bulk to fit away...

20180623_183902 (2) by Don Serl, on Flickr
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower