New vs used ex300 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New vs used ex300

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 250R, 300 & 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    Do you happen to know any info on when they might release that bike or by what dates they usually do?
    Nope, those are actually spyshots caught in the states (City of Milwaukee) when Kawasaki recently close the street to shoot some commercial for upcoming new models.
    Some Kawasaki fanboys pulled out the camera and needless to say, the pictures went viral pretty quick.

As you can see, the plate even says "NINJA 400" and people on other forums are pretty confident that this is Kawasaki's answer to KTM RC390 & Yamaha R3(321cc).

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    Good info and things to consider. I had mentioned my wife has had two ex500's in her past and is licensed so she's not a rank beginner. I just think lighter the better because she'd feel more confident on it, and, well, I'm often surprised at how weak she is. Lol.*

I will do more research though. I don't like to limit my options to much when shopping secondhand. *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    I see again what had prompted me to start this thread. A 2016 ninja 300 just hit kijiji locally for $5000 76km on it and warranty until feb 2018. But the exact same bike, same colour and everything is for sale at valley moto for $4499.*

I really just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something as I've been out of the game for quite sometime and don't profess to being right up to date on all the new bikes. *

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 250R, 300 & 650
    I see again what had prompted me to start this thread. A 2016 ninja 300 just hit kijiji locally for $5000 76km on it and warranty until feb 2018. But the exact same bike, same colour and everything is for sale at valley moto for $4499.*

I really just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something as I've been out of the game for quite sometime and don't profess to being right up to date on all the new bikes. *
    yeah I know what you mean. As I mentioned, I was in the same situation when I bought my brand new Ninja 300 with manufacture's incentive.

A lot of people have bought Ninja 300 without any promotions.
    I don't know what model you're talking about, but the regular price of Ninja 300 is close to $8,000 after all the fees if it's limited edition or some sort.

Take this one for example: https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/ninj...r-test-edition
    Ninja 300: $6,299
    Documentation Fee: $199
    Tire Levy: $10/tire ($20 total)
    PDI/Freight: $499
    12% Tax: $842.04
    TOTAL: $7,859.04(if you bought it when there's no promotion going on)

Just like you, I did look around for many Ninja 300 available on the market, both new & used, private & dealer sales.

Now, when I was looking for Ninja 300, This particular seller was asking $4,500 because it's "basically new" with only 3,000km on it, if I remember correctly, he paid something like $7,200 and had receipt to prove.
    I told him that I can buy exact same thing from the dealership BRAND NEW for only a $200 more out the door because of manufactures/dealer promotion. I told him to go down to $3,500 because I would have to pay tax for private sales too and it would bring it up to close to $4,000 anyways.

In my(buyer's) view, BRAND NEW with 1 year warranty = $4,700 (or about, I don't remember exact price to be honest)
    and USED with 0 warranty + 3,000kms on it = $4,000
    So I thought it was a fair offer, but to him, it wasn't. Because he did not want to lose thousands of $ in 1 year.

Needless to say, I picked brand new because I'm not gonna pay USED one for $4,500. No way.

The dealership was willing to give me slightly better deal than posted price because I bought frame sliders, helmet, jacket, etc..from them. But still, I couldn't justify buying used one.

I also felt like harassing people for explaining why they need to lower the price because I can buy brand new for this price because of promotion blah blah blah...frankly, people got annoyed pretty damn quickly.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 250R, 300 & 650
    Good info and things to consider. I had mentioned my wife has had two ex500's in her past and is licensed so she's not a rank beginner. I just think lighter the better because she'd feel more confident on it, and, well, I'm often surprised at how weak she is. Lol.*

I will do more research though. I don't like to limit my options to much when shopping secondhand. *
    To me, the 2017 Ninja 650 feels lighter than EX500(Ninja 500) because it's more ergonomically correct and more comfortable.

Is this going to be like a surprise gift for your wife? Not trying to be negative, but I lost count how many guys bought their girlfriend/wife a bike but they ended up not liking it so had to sell right away.

Even with my Ninja 300, I know a girl who had SV650 given by her boyfriend, but as soon as she rode my Ninja 300, she liked it a lot better.
    I know from my experience that Ninja 300, RC390, CBR300R, YZF-R3, GSXR250, GT250R, all feel and ride differently... you don't want to be just going ahead and buying Ninja 300 for her and turns out that she liked YZF-R3 better.

I also know my friend's dad who bought his wife a Harley because he's a die-hard Harley fan. She dropped it on her first day of practice and after that, she got scared of riding and not want to learn how to ride a bike anymore...what a great way to ruin her riding experience. Should've bought her a Honda CBR250R or something.

I know you're on budget but buying a bike that she enjoys riding will make you feel like your money was well spent.
    Last edited by Ninja Rider; 07-29-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    Great info again. I appreciate it.*

We've been married 14 years now so no surprises. Lol.

I keep seeing some decent deals in Alberta on the odd 300 but I don't really want to travel to far to get one. So I figure I'll just keep watching for something similar somewhat local to show up. I've seen a couple 2013-2014 in the $3000-$3500 range.

I'm much more inclined to wait for something to list at/near what I think is a good deal and then jump on it. Rather than 'working' someone down on their price. *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 250R, 300 & 650
    Great info again. I appreciate it.*

We've been married 14 years now so no surprises. Lol.

I keep seeing some decent deals in Alberta on the odd 300 but I don't really want to travel to far to get one. So I figure I'll just keep watching for something similar somewhat local to show up. I've seen a couple 2013-2014 in the $3000-$3500 range.

I'm much more inclined to wait for something to list at/near what I think is a good deal and then jump on it. Rather than 'working' someone down on their price. *
    ah I see, yeah that's a good idea... you're right, every once in a while there are some good deal especially one that says "must sell" because people moving out of country/province and stuff.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    I'm starting to get things dialed in. My short list of 300's cleared right out over fri/sat. I saw a 2013 300 listed at $2500 sell in under 24hrs(ad pulled atleast) and a couple I had shortlisted right around 3 sold too. These were all Alberta bikes. *I've noticed on kijiji atleast there are way more sport bikes and bikes in general for sale in Alberta compared to BC.*

I'm feeling confident I'll find the right one, just need a little patience. *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Valley Moto Sports is advertising a brand new 16 300 on faceass for $3999.99. If you are serious about one of these good luck finding a better deal.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    That is a fantastic price. Thanks for the heads up. I don't use Facebook but I'll try to check it out.*

I'm leaving town camping tomorrow morning but......damn that is a fantastic new price. Guessing pdi and doc would push it up to about $4700 plus taxes. *Really hoping to spend a little bit less second hand but man that's a great deal new.

Heh didn't mean to get off on the wrong foot. Just nobody likes to be called a low balling tirekicker. I'm sure you see every make and manner of noob posting through here. But I'm just a guy who wants to get back into street riding in my early fourtys now. *I have a family, farm, business, a lot on the go. It's not like I could buy that bike on Monday and spend the rest of the summer riding it at my leisure. Even though I'd like to.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    I have no idea where all the little *'s are coming from?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    I almost wish I hadn't seen that. I'm supposed to be off camping tomorrow morning to unplug and unwind. Now all I'm going to be doing is sweating whether that bike moves or not, or trying to figure if I should throw a deposit on before we leave? *Damn. That's a good deal I think!

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    damn that is a fantastic new price. Guessing pdi and doc would push it up to about $4700 plus taxes. *Really hoping to spend a little bit less second hand but man that's a great deal new.
    I paid $4200 with 8000km and cracked fairings, and feel like I got a deal. So $4700+tax new will be hard to beat.
    Have you considered the R3? The shootouts I saw had the Ninja and the R3 basically matched, both over the CBR. When I was shopping they were pretty rare used or carried even more of a premium than the Ninja, but a year later there may be more to choose from.
    I have no idea where all the little *'s are coming from?
    You're probably on a Mac? It's a forum bug that the overlords don't care enough to fix.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    Ahh ipotato here, so that's probably it.*

I have considered the r3 but I saw they were reported to have more vibration and more heat than the ninja and a little less refined handling? *The vibration thing is what concerned me most as I've had carpal tunnel surgery in one hand already.*

I'm seeing a real pricing discrepancy between Alberta and BC. And my last vehicle purchase I saw the same. I went to Alberta for a f350 as I couldn't find anything comparable locally.

I've somewhat worked against myself a bit as I've showed my wife a few of the good deals in Alberta so of course now she'd like me to spend around the 3mark. *But having been married fourteen years so far I know sometimes it's better to seek forgiveness than 'permission'. Lol. *

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    vibes on bikes are for the most part not a big deal, bar end weights, risers etc. I cant imagine a 300 being too much trouble.
    A lot of stuff that gets tossed around in the interwebz is pure bs and generally comes from inexperienced riders,
    or at least it would seem more prevalent on the smaller bikes.

In terms of handling i find it hard to believe a yamaha wouldn't handle well, but of course there could be exceptions out there,
    i dont ride small bikes but I have had the surgery on my left wrist as well and vibes dont bother me none. I ride an R1 with bar
    end mirrors and those cleared up vibes well enough, mine's got the gen1 xplane engine as well which is known for its vibes.

good luck with your search, i would lean toward an R3 myself
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.