2018 - What R U doing to get ready? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 - What R U doing to get ready?

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    Don't mount that plate yet ....... there is a 37% chance you'll sell the bike by May 2.

I'm looking at installing an electronic cruise control on the VFR, heated grips or the OEM windblockers, changing all fluids and if I get really ambitious; cat removal and dyno tuning.

Those 90 degree valve stems would be nice as well. I should pick up a set for when I do next tire change. If I go for a new helmet, it will be the Neotec for sure. I already own one and it's been super comfortable for the past 3 years.
    Definitely the heated grips over the wind blockers. The OE ones are nice and didn't need any hair torn out to install.
    Fill the house with bees.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ummm
    Winter projects:

R1200GS 80,000km full service and 2 outstanding recalls and new Metzeler Tourance tires.

XR650L SW Motech side racks, SW Motech frame support arms, Wolfman side offroad bags, Dave's carb mod kit. Rox Risers. Slipstream quick release windscreen. Lead shot glued into handlebar [vibe reduction].

R100GS Schumacher front brake upgrade kit.

Andover Norton Commando Brembo front brake upgrade kit.

BMW Enduroguard jacket: https://www.google.ca/search?q=BMW+E...oycGIXkM-_BnM:

Bike
    Ninja1k
    [QUOTE=Young Lion;2626794]"Tiddler-middleweight-gentleman's express" bike but a tad more stable than the R3 was at "fun" speeds.

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bi...reet-triple-rs

SWEET!

Nice choice. Is she home yet?

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Gear
    Shoei Neo-tec 2 if it fits well
    Cardo Pack-talk bold
    new heated liner from Warm and Safe (it's an electric base layer shirt)

Bike
    finally do the bike recall fix maybe??
    New softbag rack coming from Perun
    tidy up some wiring
    install 12volt kit for my tank bag(s)
    possibly lowering pegs, or Giamoto touring fitment for Tuono
    suspension rebuild, and possibly Andreani valves for the forks
    Garmin TPMS will go on at next tire change/balance

Other
    a couple of Butler maps enroute for Summer trip planning.

Bike
    a blue one
    Opp's screwed up trying to reply
    Last edited by bikeguy; 01-14-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Bike
    a blue one
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    "Tiddler-middleweight-gentleman's express" bike but a tad more stable than the R3 was at "fun" speeds.

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bi...reet-triple-rs
    I did the demo ride last summer. Amazing bike! Wished I could have had it for the whole day. It is far more than just a punched out version of the "old" 675. Very good choice and the RS has all the goodies!

Bike
    Motorcycle
    Well a lot of bike stuff going on for me this year, and a lot of bike updates that Kaz is helping me with.

1. I am selling my K1200GT it just had a complete makeover, new used motor due to a cam chain failure - a missed recall at dealership. So I had the bike gone over at my non dealership BMW tech's shop, new rubber suspension points, rebuilt the Ohlins and steering stabilizer and ,mounted new tires. I just don't ride it much any more so I am putting it up for sale. less than 3 K last year

2. I traded in my 07 990 for a 1290 Super Adventure R and have done a few things on the bike. Re-sprung bike and new fork springs,steering stabilizer, Jesse Bags, etc. This winter a pal and I are adding a Baeher Intercom, a new to me used Garmin 665 , installing the used Touratech locking mount, getting a Russel seat, installing heated grips, Jesse Lid Racks and am waiting for the new rear box mounting system from Jesse so I can move the top-box between the 990 and the Tenere. I have new horns to install and a LED back light. I already have the Fuze Block to organize the power.distribution. We need to move install the side stand relocation kit from BlackDog. I have some LED lights I am going to mount on the crash bars for extra visability and I have some handlebars with a better bend for my wrists to install and some decent hand guards.

3. The Tenere is the bike we are taking for a month to Norway to tour and camp so it is getting a bit done to it. I am pulling the HID lights out and installing LEDs. We are taking the J&M intercom system off the bike and installing another Baehr intercom. (I was lucky and found 2 used systems on ADV rider).Installing Jesse Lid Racks , the new topbox mounting system. The mounting system for my GPS is pretty bush league as my bike was a 2012. Touratech makes a nice combo windshield adjustment GPS mount and I bagged the last one they had in stock and it was on clearance sale.

The issue with travelling to Europe is loading Maps and my old 478s are a challenge to do this. I bit the bullet and bought a Garmin 276 Cx and the European map chip. I was having to take a day to a day and a half off work to deal with Garmin every year as I tried to load maps and I just decided a new GPS was easier.

4. I am going through all my MC gear/camping gear and I have a lot to sell that I will first post on the Canada Forum on ADV and on BCSB. I have over 100 items to sell which is both hilarious, and stupid.

I will hopefully do a ride report from Europe and post the link here for ADV
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

Bike
    A red one
    Longer list this year, mostly done:

D-Mach Dianese backpack for commuting to hold the computer and a change of clothes and some shoes
    Sena Dual pack to chat with the wife and be able to take calls and listen to music while riding
    Go Pro Hero for track day fun

Need to do:
    Book a few track days and California Superbike school (Need to get better/faster)*
    Originally posted by adamantium
    I'm going to type this slowly so that you folk can follow along.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    I agree with you about the internet, it's probably here to stay.

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    I have an SV project in my garage that just needs to go. Ancient VFR is only keeping it's spot because high mileage makes it nearly impossible to sell--although I might look into the collector plate option.*

I feel that I need to change things up and plan for a new-to-me bike in a couple of years when I'll have time for some road trips and track days.*
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

Bike
    BMW R1150 GS
    I am trying to find a path to getting rid of Mrs. Canucks sidecar rig as she is not riding it. Takes up to much space in garage to be just sitting there.

2003 GS probably needs some minor tweaking.

The bike is not the issue.

I have been really thinking about riding in the last few years as kids are now 8 and 6 years old. The demands on my time are getting larger and if I have two hours to go for a ride it kills me to have to just ride to Squamish or the valley AGAIN.

Banging my head against traffic for most of that time is also frustrating.

Wife and kids are not against me riding at all, just that there is less time to go for a decent ride and that is annoying.

So to get ready for 2018 ? I am trying to see a way forward.

canuck

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Perun motorcycle stuff is really cool. A friend of mine with a Husky 701 sent me a link last month. High quality and reasonable prices too!
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

I have been really thinking about riding in the last few years as kids are now 8 and 6 years old. The demands on my time are getting larger and if I have two hours to go for a ride it kills me to have to just ride to Squamish or the valley AGAIN.

Banging my head against traffic for most of that time is also frustrating. *

canuck
    I know this feel.
    *I can get absolutely nowhere from white rock and back in 2-3 hours.
    Ft Langley backroads are ok, but they get old pretty fast.

Just glad my bike is so apparently worthless that I’d rather keep if for those occasional ft Langley blasts and elusively rare Winthrop runs.

Bike
    A red one
    Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    I know this feel.
    *I can get absolutely nowhere from white rock and back in 2-3 hours.
    Ft Langley backroads are ok, but they get old pretty fast.

Just glad my bike is so apparently worthless that I’d rather keep if for those occasional ft Langley blasts and elusively rare Winthrop runs.
    Was just going to say, go south. I'm in White Rock as well and know a few decent quick south of the border runs. Let's connect this summer. **
    Originally posted by adamantium
    I'm going to type this slowly so that you folk can follow along.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    I agree with you about the internet, it's probably here to stay.

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

Banging my head against traffic for most of that time is also frustrating.

Wife and kids are not against me riding at all, just that there is less time to go for a decent ride and that is annoying.

canuck
    I was in the same place a few years ago, sold the larger bike and got something more suitable for track. Seems I can manage a full day at PMTD but the overnight trips, not so much.

Speaking of which, my winter tasks include installing Woodcraft clip-ons when they arrive, to replace the bent bar that shortened my last track day. * *

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    Perun motorcycle stuff is really cool. A friend of mine with a Husky 701 sent me a link last month. High quality and reasonable prices too!
    I got their CRF africa twin rack for $60. I couldnt get one powdercoated here for that price. Comparable piece from ALT-Rider was over $250US