Used motorcycles are too expensive (or hard to find CHEAP motorcycle) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Used motorcycles are too expensive (or hard to find CHEAP motorcycle)

Bike
    CB 500X
    It's a bonus to find a well maintained used bike. Those pulled out of a back shed will need a new set of tires and battery just to get the tab going. Add $500 there. Motorcycling is not a cheap hobby.
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by filterwrench View Post
    Used motorcycles are noticeably more expensive all along the west coast of North America. Head east and you will find the prices drop significantly. as the riding season narrows so does the ability to sell a used bike. notice how many used bikes Holeshot has they source a lot of them out of province.
    yes, its very obvious actually and most of it is marked by a large disparity in what folks think a bike is worth, even between Alberta vs BC.

I think a lot of it comes down to how the dealership networks and inherent pricing is setup, used bike prices are ridiculous in BC dealers.

the private market reflects this as well and voila! you have a market that sinks or swims on its own, I blame the rocky mountains

I purchased my last bike brand new, from Edmonton. Fvck BC dealers and their 'entitlement' clause.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by HighZoot View Post
    theres lots of bikes for under 1000 bucks... just not ninja 250's... i dont get it.
    Umm, because those are all shitter bikes and Ninja 250's are not. Demand, hat's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    Bike
    R6, F4 stunter
    Look, there is a floor for a decent bike of a certain year and condition. I just had a quick look and there are two 99-02 R6 for 2k as well as an 05 GS500, an SV and an SRAD. If you think 2k is too much for a 600cc sportbike that hasn't been chopped up or laid down on both sides you are mistaken. There are plenty of people who want to get a taste on the cheap so the low end of the market can be competitive but if you look long enough and move fast you can get a deal.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    Umm, because those are all shitter bikes and Ninja 250's are not. Demand, hat's it.
    well... they are...

besides that i do understand.. i dont get why he cant find a bike under 1000..

Bike
    2015 Honda CB300F
    September to December is the best time to find a cheap bike, although good luck finding anything worth getting for under $1000. Going into January or February, it’s close enough to the beginning of riding season that the prices start to jack up.

It’s probably easier to find a cheap bike in the USA because of higher supply.

Bike
    ZX14
    well... they are...

besides that i do understand.. i dont get why he cant find a bike under 1000..
    I'm not sure there's a street bike under $1000 that I'd even ride, would you?

Maybe some half-ass shitter for around town, but I'd likely look for some cheap 50cc
    scooter for $1000 before I tried for a full size bike.

Here's the local talent.......any gems you see here?

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/sear...max_price=1000
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    probably not.. but as far as the op is concerned and looking for a project.. yes why not... i mean there isnt much of a project with a 2500 dollar commuter bike..

and as for comparing bikes to cars.. not too many 1000 dollar cars out there that i'd fancy driving in or out of town.

all that said and like i've said previously.. my bike was 1000... i have since dumped probably close to 10K into to get it to where it is now.. and it's still going up but leaps and bounds... not so smart for an srad.

i dunno if i had to pick... i'd try that zx6. heavy pigs of a bike but still.

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    I'm not sure there's a street bike under $1000 that I'd even ride, would you?

Maybe some half-ass shitter for around town, but I'd likely look for some cheap 50cc
    scooter for $1000 before I tried for a full size bike.

Here's the local talent.......any gems you see here?

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/sear...max_price=1000
    This one is perfect.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/...451379444.html

And it's even sold so he doesn't have to actually buy it; he can just lament missing out.
    Fill the house with bees.

Registered Abuser Array IllA4-1.8T's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Honda CBR1000RR, '00 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    LOLOL I love what he says in his ad.

"The bike As is where is. The 1st person who shows up and takes this out of my garage for $395 while asking the least amount of questions wins. It's $25 increase in price for every question." (emphasis placed by me)

I normally don't like it when sellers are dicks in their ads but with this one, it's $395 what the hell should a buyer expect.

probably not.. but as far as the op is concerned and looking for a project.. yes why not... i mean there isnt much of a project with a 2500 dollar commuter bike..

and as for comparing bikes to cars.. not too many 1000 dollar cars out there that i'd fancy driving in or out of town.

all that said and like i've said previously.. my bike was 1000... i have since dumped probably close to 10K into to get it to where it is now.. and it's still going up but leaps and bounds... not so smart for an srad.

i dunno if i had to pick... i'd try that zx6. heavy pigs of a bike but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Fallen Comrades?

Some random twat who binned his bike is a "fallen comrade?"

Bike
    Motorcycle
    We have sold a few used Bikes and priced them fairly.Our bikes are not poorly maintained POS. They are well maintained and have high value upgrades.

Any bike I am selling I would be comfortable in getting on it as it was sold and riding it to Key West and back.

One memorable call

"Does the bike have a after-market pipe, I want to free up the engine because I am planning to take it on a long trip and I need to free up the engine and let it breath," WTF ?

No it has the stock pipe, and as written in the ad it has an Ohlins rear shock and Jesse luggage because the bike was set up to go on long trips

Dead silence

How much will you negotiate? Well I can increase the price by $1,000 and give you $1,000 off asking.

Come see the bike I do not negotiate over email or on the phone.

It takes some time to sell them, and fortunately I am not in a position where I need the cash so I can wait.

The right buyer always comes along and sees that the bike is fairly priced and well maintained.

I am going to sell my K bike this spring and I already I am dreading the calls and emails.
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    I am going to sell my K bike this spring.

Does the bike have a after-market pipe? I want to free up the engine because I am planning to take it on a long trip and I need to free up the engine and let it breathe.
    Fill the house with bees.

Registered Abuser Array IllA4-1.8T's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Honda CBR1000RR, '00 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    I am going to sell my K bike this spring and I already I am dreading the calls and emails.
    what's your lowest price?

I have a Chevy Cavalier with 395,000 km on it, will you trade?
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Fallen Comrades?

Some random twat who binned his bike is a "fallen comrade?"

Bike
    Motorcycle
    No but it has Ohlins and BMW Saddlebags and a matching Top Case.

I will throw in an Exhaust Modification tool kit. It is better than an aftermarket pipe

This kit will allow you open the bike right up to the performance level you want.

With this kit you, and only you, can choose how much power you want and how much additional safety you want your bike to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Does the bike have a after-market pipe? I want to free up the engine because I am planning to take it on a long trip and I need to free up the engine and let it breathe.
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

Bike
    Motorcycle
    Quote Originally Posted by IllA4-1.8T View Post
    what's your lowest price?

I have a Chevy Cavalier with 395,000 km on it, will you trade?
    How very cavalier of you.

Does it have the original oil and does it have a collector plate?