Question - Getting the license BC vs QC

Thread: Question - Getting the license BC vs QC

Registered User Array

Question Question - Getting the license BC vs QC

Hi,

I plan on moving to BC in a year or two and I really want to get my license. Here's my questions:

What are the difference between getting your motorcycle license in BC vs QC.
    I have read a website that state that once you pass your knowledge test you can drive accompanied by a qualified supervisor.
    Here in Quebec, once you pass the knowledge test, you can only practice with a supervisor (from a driving school in their parking lot, or area)
    You can start driving on the road once you do your skill test. The thing is that if you want to pratice more or get better, there's no way to practice without the driving school. (Which means you have to pour out money)

So if I read the website well, here in BC, you can drive on the road as you soon as you passed your knowledge test as long that your accompanied by another driver that has the full motorcycle license?
    Am I getting my hopes up for a better system or its the same as QC?

Thank you

(Sorry if there's any spelling mistakes or weird sentences structures. English is not my native language but I aspire to get better.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    You are correct. Once you pass the knowledge test you can ride on public roads while being supervised by a full class 6 license holder. This is anyone with their full bike license. They can be on another bike or in a car behind you. You are speed restricted to 60km/hr, no passengers, and daylight hours only. Once you pass the parking lot skills test then the supervision and speed restriction is removed but you are still limited to no passengers and daylight hours only.*

This is all based on having a full class five(normal passenger vehicle driver license) license to begin with. If you are a altogether new driver going through the graduated licensing program then there's some differences that I myself am not familiar with.*