upgrade recommendations - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: upgrade recommendations

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    Lots of good recommendations and I'm not trying to knock on sport tourers or naked bikes.
    But for me it'll be another supersport when I upgrade again. I'm almost certain of that.*
    aye, as mentioned above its just the way things are headed for a lot of riders...
    its nice to ride more relaxed bikes and actually have a look around once in a while
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
    The big nakeds are sweet looking. Sadly, unless you can mount a windscreen on them, hanging on at speed is a bitch.
    true, that. but there are plenty of screens available, altho many 'naked' riders object that they ruin the looks of the bike. I've been thru screens from Skidmarx, National Cycles ( X 2 ), and now MRA - best materials and workmanship by far... German = TUV certified = impeccible, right down to all the fittings.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...000r-2009-2016

works a treat... up to about 140kph...

Quote Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
    They are always detuned with less than stellar suspension. The new naked h2 might be the exception.

Even the more sit up sportbikes are usually crippled power and suspension wise.

If you want the best in handling and performance nothing beats a sportbike. I've owned a lot of different bikes in my quest for the perfect ride and I keep coming back to sportbikes. Everything else is fun for awhile and then they get boring.

I'm getting pretty old and the day will come when I have to retire to a burgman or a spider. Omg shoot me now.
    and there's a problem. most manufacturers DO back off on power for naked and more upright bikes, and maybe that's understandable, even rational. but it's a pain to have 'poorer' suspension and brakes added into the mix too! just sell us the 'full fat' versions, guys! we're not talking economy bikes here in the first place.

exceptions include KTM, Aprilia, Yamaha sorta, BMW sorta... Triumph too of course, with the Speed Triple, which is what it is, with no 'sportbike' progenitor. but generally, if you want comfort, you give up significant 'other stuff' too!

EDIT: shit! duhhh... I forgot Ducati:
    http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2019/...rcharged-z-h2/
    Last edited by doser; 11-02-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    true, that. but there are plenty of screens available, altho many 'naked' riders object that they ruin the looks of the bike. I've been thru screens from Skidmarx, National Cycles ( X 2 ), and now MRA - best materials and workmanship by far... German = TUV certified = impeccible, right down to all the fittings.
    weird timing, i was just looking at some of their stuff, wondered regarding quality, fitment etc.. nice
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.